The Terminal

Started by modage, July 17, 2003, 12:11:39 PM

mutinyco

I still say it's really conceptually relevant to today. It's just a question of what tone they choose. If it's all feel-good I'll be turned off. I'm also not thrilled by the cliche bureaucrat bad guy played by Tucci. So it's wait and see. But the idea of the entire film taking place in one location offers lots of possibilities (and limitations), so I think once again Spielberg is still taking chances, as he has of late.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

did anyone else realize that in 2004 tom hanks has movies coming out by Spielberg, Zemeckis, and the Coen Bros.?  its going to be a good f'ing year for Hanks!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

tom hanks is dressed like he's gonna be in jurassic park IV in the first few pictures

mutinyco

He's also going to be shooting A Cold Case with Romanek.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

mutinyco

I'm seeing it's now called The Terminal, not plain Terminal. Plus the additions of Alex MacDowell and Mary Zophres are interesting.

-St. Joe

Stefen

Anyone have any more info on this? Shouldn't a trailer be coming soon? those on set pictures are no more :o(
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Stefenthose on set pictures are no more :o(

Check again.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Stefenthose on set pictures are no more :o(

Check again.

Awesome, thanks Mac.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

New stills (sorry about the size):

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

El Duderino

you can add this to your list Mac...

Catherine is really hot.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Pubrick

Quote from: El Duderinoyou can add this to your list Mac...

Catherine is really hot.
yeah we get it, ur horny.

anyway, those pics remind me of the failed potential of The John Larroquette Show.
under the paving stones.

ono

Thanks for the pics, Mac.  My dislike of Spielberg aside, I can't help but admire them.  Especially the third one.  Here's hoping the quality of the set design is an indicator of the quality of the movie.

cine

I love how the colours of the flowers in the third picture match Kumar's rings.

Oh and that second picture... Tom Hanks is HOT.