Tenacious D: The Complete Masterworks

Started by Something Spanish, December 24, 2003, 04:24:31 PM

Something Spanish

Easily one of my favorite DVD's, both discs have been on heavy rotation in my player since purchasing. First off, I was a moderate fan of the D pre-DVD. Now, having watched the HBO episodes and all the other footage multiple times, I am an avid and obsessive one. If there are fans of Kage and Jables in this forum who have yet to pick this one up...lemme tell you guys that the concert fuckin' rocks...so hard. Does anyone else own this?

***Reilley as the Sasquatch is worth the price alone.

Oh yeah, and also: .44 on the shoulder, strapped tight by the velcro/steel-padded vest on the chest/armknife by the elbow.

russiasusha

JB and KG are truly talented...they can:

sing, play guitar, act, and rock!!!!
Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I thought it was just a joke at first.

Now I KNOW they're a joke, but they're so musically talented and hilarious.  Joke or not, they rock.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Thecowgoooesmooo

Anybody have any idea of when their next cd is coming?

chris[/list]

bonanzataz

i've loved them since bio-dome. no, not really. i loved them just before their album came out. i saw them rock out live. it was RAWSOME! this dvd kicks serious booty too, i'm glad to be able to own the episodes (legally).

i like your avatar, digi. who'd you get to take that picture?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Something Spanish

cine

It's too bad it's a cardboard cut-out.

Stefen

I was around 12 years old and staying home watching the d and mr. show. Fond memories.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

GoneSavage

I doubt there even will be a new D record.  The first one was just songs from all the sketches that aired years before its release.  Nothing new.  For people like me who'd only heard rumors about them and never had HBO, the record was a blast.  However, with JB's huge movie career, methinks he'll have little time for The D anymore.  Let's hope though.

russiasusha

QuoteAnybody have any idea of when their next cd is coming?

They are actually making a movie about Tenacious D which should have some new music.
Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

Gamblour.

Quote from: russiasusha
QuoteAnybody have any idea of when their next cd is coming?

They are actually making a movie about Tenacious D which should have some new music.

If anyone ever hears about auditions for the younger version of Jack Black, you have to tell me because that will be a guaranteed role for me. I'll give you an Associate Producer credit  :-D
WWPTAD?

zerocool41

what's an associate producer credit?

it's what you give your secretary instead of a raise.  ...

"you treat me like a child.....that's why i can't come"..

i thought the short films with the lemonade stand and the one where jack's a prostitute were disgusting...funny...but i don't have the courage to show them to anyone with fear i'd be cast from society.
I'm going to lay down a monster hand here.

nix

lets make him a duke... a kick ass duke.
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

jtm

just picked this up today.  watched both disks from start to finish...soooo funny.  soooo soooo funny.

if you don't have this dvd...well...then...it sucks to be you.

Myxo

Quote from: Shaun DigiEasily one of my favorite DVD's, both discs have been on heavy rotation in my player since purchasing. First off, I was a moderate fan of the D pre-DVD. Now, having watched the HBO episodes and all the other footage multiple times, I am an avid and obsessive one. If there are fans of Kage and Jables in this forum who have yet to pick this one up...lemme tell you guys that the concert fuckin' rocks...so hard. Does anyone else own this?

***Reilley as the Sasquatch is worth the price alone.

Oh yeah, and also: .44 on the shoulder, strapped tight by the velcro/steel-padded vest on the chest/armknife by the elbow.

Haha.. PTA looks like one of those wax museum creations in that photo.