Lucky Louie (and now Louie)

Started by Ravi, June 09, 2006, 12:42:41 AM

Reel

everyone's scrambling to find a new show

Pubrick

Quote from: Reelist on September 29, 2013, 09:44:49 AM
everyone's scrambling to find a new show

uh this show has been around for years and those of us who aren't wasting our time on stupid zombie shows or other dead ends have already been praising it for ages. now that breaking bad is finished the only shows worth watching are this, bobs burgers, game of thrones and curb if it comes back.

i'd like to include some british drama like Black Mirror, which is as qualitatively perfect as all those, but they make so few episodes a year that i can't in good faith recommend something that is so quantitatively unsatisfying.  that goes for all british tv shows.
under the paving stones.

Lottery

My sister strongly recommended this show. She said that I may not find myself laughing very much (as much as I laugh at his stand up work) but it's so insightful and eye-opening that it's worth it for that alone.

And yes, that's the curse of good British television. Immense quality but so few episodes. I've watched the series dozens of times and I still struggle with the fact that there were only 12 episodes of Fawlty Towers.

Just Withnail

Quote from: Lottery on September 29, 2013, 12:23:10 PM
there were only 12 episodes of Fawlty Towers.

:shock:

wow. that's incredibly strange to know. i feel like i spent my entire childhood watching those. right now i have that feeling you get when you revisit some childhood playground that was huge in your mind, and discover how small it actually is.

wilder

Louis CK Inks Overall Deal With FX Productions For New Series
via Deadline

FX Networks is making it clear it wants to stay in the Louis CK business. The network already has Louis CK'sLouisCK2 acclaimed comedy series  Louie, produced by FX Productions. Now FX Prods. has inked an overall deal with Louis CK and his company Pig Newton to develop and produce new series. The agreement is separate from Louie, which this year earned ad-supported cable's first Outstanding Comedy Series Emmy nomination. That series returns for Season 4 in May 2014. Under the overall pact, Louis CK's first, the new series will be created or supervised by Louis CK, who would have the option to write or direct any of them and will executive produce. Blair Breard, an executive producer on Louie, would also serve as a producer or executive producer, with 3 Arts Entertainment attached as producers. Louis CK already is a Renaissance man, writing, directing, editing and starring in his shows. Now he will add  a new role — guiding other creators as they get their projects off the ground. "Working with Louis CK has been one of the most rewarding and enjoyable experiences of my career," said John Landgraf, CEO of FX Networks and FX Productions. "So many incredibly talented artists want to work with Louis and follow down the independent and idiosyncratic creative trail he has blazed. I can't wait to see who he brings through our door, not to mention any new projects that he wants to create for us."

This marks the latest production pact between FX Prods and top FX talent. It joins RCG Productions, the production company of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia's Rob McElhenney, Charlie Day and Glenn Howerton; and Floyd County Productions, the production company of Archer EP/showrunners Adam Reed and Matt Thompson. FXP also has a first-look cable deal with Paul Giamatti, Dan Carey and their Touchy Feely Films and with Hunger Games producer Nina Jacobson, Brad Simpson and their Color Force banner. The deal was negotiated by David Weber and Tom Collier. Louis CK is repped at 3 Arts, and Breard by UTA.

ono

http://www.thewire.com/entertainment/2014/01/louis-ck-finally-release-his-bizarre-comedian-heavy-black-and-white-film/356781/

A black and white movie Louis C.K. made in 1998 with Amy Poehler, Steve Carrell, J.B. Smoove, etc., soon to be available for $5.  Oddly fascinating.

Drenk

Ascension.

wilder

FX Orders Comedy Pilot Created By, Starring Zach Galifianakis & Co-Written By Louis C.K.
via Deadline

When Louis C.K., creator/star of FX's acclaimed comedy series Louie, signed an overall deal with FX Productions last month, one of his main goals was to guide other creators as they get their projects off the ground. "I can't wait to see who he brings through our door," FX Networks CEO John Landgraf said at the time. Well, he brought another A-list comedian, Zach Galifianakis. FX has ordered a comedy pilot created by and starring Galifianakis and co-written by Louis C.K. There is no concept yet for the project, the first to come out of Louis C.K. and his company's Pig Newton's overall pact at FX Productions. Galifianakis will executive produce alongside Louis C.K., Blair Breard, Dave Becky, Andrea Pett-Joseph and Marc Gurvitz. This marks the 12th (!) greenlighted comedy pilot for FX Productions as the company is ramping up comedy production to supply both FX and sibling FXX. Galifianakis is with CAA and Brillstein; C.K. is with 3 Arts Entertainment; Breard is repped by UTA.

Drenk

FX ordered 13 episodes. C.K did 14 episodes. Life is good.
Ascension.

Reel

This is kinda funny, it's just whatever. enjoy

ono

Drenk

There is a six part episode this year called Elevator.
Ascension.

ono

Louie is Low-Key TV, and the most effective of a new brand of storytelling.

And it's finally back tonight!

and they're playing TWO EPISODES