24!

Started by Gamblour., December 22, 2003, 11:01:32 PM

Fernando

SPOILS

Quote from: kal on February 17, 2009, 02:38:23 AM
Who else is there left? The disgusting ex-president Logan is probably around somewhere, and so is the autistic Audrey Raines.

Logan is dead isn't it? His ex wife stab him last season I think.

I do like this season too and imo it's the best since S1 and S2.

We've seen 9 hours so far, so I guess this mutombo situation should wrap up sooner than later, I guess then they will track the moles in the white house and everywhere else, I hope when the daughter shows up it doesn't get stupid.

Kal

Yeah if I remember correctly John Voight is "the man behind the man" this season, so at some point he will show up and become the main villain. Also, I read that next episode we see yet another of our fave characters return. I'm thinking who is left besides the ones we mentioned before.

Logan is not dead. The wife stabbed him and he was rushed to the hospital and we never saw him again. If I recall something was mentioned about him during a Jack/Tony conversation about Michelle earlier in the season. The fuck is alive and I hope Tony kills him personally.

Fernando

hmm I was pretty sure that at some point it was mentioned he died in the ambulance...

Kal

I don't recall that, but remeber 24 is the one show where nobody is dead until you see a dead body.

ACTUALLY, even if you see a body, he may come back to life like Tony  :yabbse-grin:

picolas

wikipedia under Charles Logan:

After Season 6
FBI agent Renee Walker revealed to Jack Bauer in the first hour of Day 7 that Logan is still alive, and continues to live under house arrest at his ranch.

gotta be a setup. i totally missed that.

SiliasRuby

This season is pretty damn cool and I was happy to see Sean in custody. He was such a fucking douche bag. He and Erica.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Fernando

Spoils 4 last night's 2 eps.

So the white house is the easiest place to take over now, ill keep watching but damn, what are they gonna do for the final season? ill go with ravi's idea...

Quote from: Ravi on March 23, 2006, 01:08:39 AM
The last season, whenever that may be, should be on another planet.

Jack:  Alright, Timbloajmakragh, what are your demands?
Timbloajmakragh:  I want full immunity, in writing, signed by the President.

cine

is this the final season then? i haven't been paying attention to the news or anything..

anyway, great season. i remember thinking the first 4 were good and that it sagged season 5 and 6. but this one's hot.

Fernando

Quote from: Cinephile on March 04, 2009, 02:18:09 AM
is this the final season then? i haven't been paying attention to the news or anything..

Nope..

End In Sight For Hit Show 24
16 January 2009 4:05 AM, PST | From wenn.com

Kiefer Sutherland's groundbreaking TV drama 24 is set to end after season eight - paving the way for a big screen adaptation.

The cult series, in which Sutherland stars as federal agent Jack Bauer, is currently in its seventh season.

And executive producer Howard Gordon intends to axe it after one more series - but only to enable him to make a big-budget movie version.

He says, "My hope is to go after the eighth season. That's sort of what we're aiming for. I don't think that a big-screen 24 works while Jack is on TV."

And Sutherland has warned fans not to expect a happy ending for his character.

He says, "I see Jack as a really human figure and there is something innately tragic about people. I think there is no winning. We're all going to die. There's something kind of sad in that, and yet there's something really beautiful and hopeful."

Kal

SPOILERS

Poor Bill. He was a great character, but I guess he had his cycle and that is as good as a dead as you can get on 24. Being a hero and saving the President. What I hate is how little recognition they gave him. The bitch didn't even know he was the one who saved her ass. Same goes with that douche Moss and Jack. Damnit!

I liked the preview from next week, where Jack sneaks into Red Forman's apartment and he shits his pants.

SiliasRuby

I was sad about Bill. The vice president and moss are douchebags. The president's daughter is such a fox, so gorgeous. Thats all I got to say at the moment.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

'24' Film Could Take Place in Europe, Says Kiefer Sutherland
Source: MTV

The long anticipated "24" movie that Kiefer Sutherland is locked in for and Elisha Cuthbert "would love to be in" may get off the ground yet, and if the blockbuster TV series' star is to be believed, it may require a European vacation to film. The suspense-soaked action show will have to rethink its real-time hour-per-episode hook for the big-screen transition, but they may just be able to fast forward through 21 hours and chalk it up to Jack Bauer's jet-lag-induced nap if he has to hop continents for the story.

"It's something that we've always talked about because I think the fantastic thing about Europe, for something like '24,' is that it's very feasible to get from Prague to London in the course of a day," Sutherland told Digital Spy.

"24" has always had an international scope dealing with constant time-bomb scenarios in a post-9/11 world, but a romp into Europe would certainly give Bauer a few added plot obstacles, operating off of his native U.S. soil.

Sutherland appeared confident anticipating the film's production, commenting outside the premier of his new film

"It's just a question of when we're actually going to make the movie," he stated.

It's too bad there isn't a countdown clock running to let us all known exactly when that will be.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Kiefer Sutherland on what's ahead for 24, including a movie?
Source: Sci Fi Wire

Kiefer Sutherland, star of Fox's 24, told reporters that the majority of next season's episodes will be completed by the time it airs. "We're starting in May this year instead of August," Sutherland said on Friday. "We will have finished, I think, 22 episodes by the time it goes to air."

Sutherland spoke about 24's new season during a press conference last week in Los Angeles while promoting his upcoming 3-D animated film Monsters vs. Aliens. He said that the show found a comfortable creative rhythm only after the production was faced with many different kinds of challenges. "I think at any given moment we need to stop and figure something out, we've afforded ourselves that time. I don't know why it took us seven years to figure that out, and a writers' strike, but we have."

In addition to discussing the immediate future of the series, Sutherland discussed the effect of the writers' strike on the show and addressed the prospect of a film version of Jack Bauer's adventures. The following is an edited version of the press conference. 24 airs Mondays at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

This season has been incredibly successful. How much was the production of the show affected by the writers' strike, and could that change things going forward?

Sutherland: As much as the writers' strike was a difficult time for everybody, there were some benefits for us. We had 15 months to shoot what we normally shoot in 10, and we certainly got hit for it quite hard in season six. But it's been a difficulty we've had from the very first season on. It's a three-act play for us, so each eight episodes kind of transitions us into another story, and some of those transition points have been really sticky for us. Because of the fact that we were about at episode 16 or 17, and they just shut down, they were having a hard time with that transition. They just stopped, and they took that three weeks and they figured something out, and it was very technical. It was not character-driven, it was not dialogue-driven, but it was a structural entity that led us into that last transition in the final eight episodes. We would not have had that time, and historically never had that kind of time specifically at that time of the season, which was of a huge benefit for us.

Were you concerned that the viewers would move on?

Sutherland: Well, they did. They have moved on. If you take a look, television as a medium has lost 40 percent of its viewership. I was aware of the terrible ramifications from Major League Baseball after it went on strike. National Hockey League went on strike, and it was replaced by f--king poker, and poker did better. You can't find a hockey game now, so, yeah, I was terrified. The fact that we were able to come back and managed to do the same numbers that we had been doing in previous years, you have no idea the relief.

Do you think that there will be a time when Jack Bauer will be a movie hero, or the star of an animated series?

Sutherland: I've never thought about an animated series. We thought that it would be cruel and unusual punishment to ask the writers to write, in the course of 10 months, the equivalent of 12 films, and in their off times, "By the way, if you have a great idea for a feature film that's so special, write that as well." We've kind of collectively agreed that we would entertain the idea of a film when the series was finished, and if people still wanted to see something like that. We would be really excited to do that, because the format that we would make the movie in, because we have discussed it, would be a two-hour representation of a 24-hour day, so we would lose the real-time aspect, which would be a huge freedom for the writers. But it's something we would not even start to do until the series was finished.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

i remember reading something from at least a couple years ago where it was sort of a Rules of 24. it was this really funny list of patterns from the series and stuff like that. anyone know where i can find that?

Fernando

I remember that, found this but I'm not sure it's the one you're talking about...

http://www.notrly.com/jackbauer/index.php?topthirty

edit: just read it, pretty sure it's not the one you're talking about  :yabbse-undecided: damn, now I too want to see that, don't fail us xixax and find it, NOW!

btw, still watching and it's the first time I don't do it on dvd, it's a damn nightmare to see this show on a weekly basis...