NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

You'll get over the confusion and love the hell out of that game.  It's inevitable. 

Be very stoked for Fallout 3.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: squints on June 27, 2008, 03:25:37 PM
The best rpg of 1998!
Don't you mean "The sequel to the best RPG of 1997" or whatever it is the box states.

Anyways, you'll definitely love it. What is confusing you?

squints

I just got off of GTA4 so this took a little getting used to but its awesome. I started playing Mass Effect and this at the same time and i said fuck it to Mass Effect.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

Quote from: squints on June 30, 2008, 09:05:32 PM
I just got off of GTA4 so this took a little getting used to but its awesome. I started playing Mass Effect and this at the same time and i said fuck it to Mass Effect.

I'm 20 hours into Mass Effect right now. Absolutely epic and amazing. Granted, this was the 5th time I'd tried it, but once I got past the first 2 hours it really took off and now I can't put it down.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

i dig the game alright but damn is it so frustrating. I started once as a vanguard which blows cause you can't use the sniper rifle or the assault rifle and now i've started over as a straight soldier. it is epic as fuck and once you get into space it becomes pretty addictive. i'll pick it up again once fallout is done with.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

picolas

i'm trying to remember the name of a 2-d animated point and click adventure game with voiceover and a psychotic clown and some kind of mystery... any ideas?

context, context, context.

picolas

Many of us have been severly let down by Square-Enix after their announcement that Final Fantasy XIII would be seeing a release on Xbox 360 but I doubt any of us have been hit as hard as this. Apparently a GameFAQs member has been contemplating suicide after this announcement.

The member "pie185" was soo affected by Square-Enix's choice that he posted a suicide note on the GameFAQs forum in which he told everyone what an affect the Final Fantasy series has had on his life. According to the rumor, the member has killed himself and hasn't logged in since. I haven't been able to find the post myself but our forum member Moklin, has a screenshot of it from YTMND.

I haven't seen the post myself but I still really doubt there is any truth to it. If it is a joke and he really wanted it to get out then I guess it worked. Although if he really did commit suicide, he's the ultimate moron and Square-Enix has more than their fans betrayal to be sorry for.

Stefen

Natural Selection FTW.

Why the fuck would anyone care if FF is coming out on more than one platform?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

it's an elitist thing. a lot of people is still pissed off because it means that xbox owners, who give the impression of being more uneducated and are considered to be interested in games only for an insane kind of competition, now have the opportunity to play a flagship franchise that was a console exclusive for more than a decade.  i was kind of mad when i heard about it but then i read a great interview with jack tretton about how it's an obvious decision for third parties to have their games in as many consoles as possible, that there's no paycheck big enough to guarantee a studio a bigger profit with exclusive content solely. if anything, this is a good thing in the long term because it's making sony learn from nintendo and realize that the joy of videogames resides mostly in first party stuff.  i've come to admire sony's vision.

and about nintendo, did anyone caught the e3 keynotes?  my favorite was sony's, even if it wasn't impressive, but  nintendo's was just creepy. it was a keynote of dystopian undertones and raw capitalism. also, the products they showed look like shit.

by the way, i didn't wrote my last post, that was from n4g.com but i forgot to quote it.

Stefen

That's fucking stupid.

If anyone should be mad, it should be Nintendo fanboys. FF was taken from them to put on Playstation and now what goes around comes around for Sony.

I was contemplating getting a PS3 (I have a 360 and Wii) but now I'm just going to stick to 360. The Blu-Ray is nice, but the PS3 has absolutely no games, and that doesn't seem to be changing.

Raikus

Quote from: cron on July 21, 2008, 02:02:43 AM
Many of us have been severly let down by Square-Enix after their announcement that Final Fantasy XIII would be seeing a release on Xbox 360 but I doubt any of us have been hit as hard as this. Apparently a GameFAQs member has been contemplating suicide after this announcement.

The member "pie185" was soo affected by Square-Enix's choice that he posted a suicide note on the GameFAQs forum in which he told everyone what an affect the Final Fantasy series has had on his life. According to the rumor, the member has killed himself and hasn't logged in since. I haven't been able to find the post myself but our forum member Moklin, has a screenshot of it from YTMND.

I haven't seen the post myself but I still really doubt there is any truth to it. If it is a joke and he really wanted it to get out then I guess it worked. Although if he really did commit suicide, he's the ultimate moron and Square-Enix has more than their fans betrayal to be sorry for.
He'll be alright. Just use a Phoenix Down.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

squints

Quote from: Raikus on July 21, 2008, 10:33:33 PM
Quote from: cron on July 21, 2008, 02:02:43 AM

He'll be alright. Just use a Phoenix Down.

I'm nerd laughing as hard as i can. Seriously.

Myxo

Quote from: Stefen on July 21, 2008, 12:18:35 PMI was contemplating getting a PS3 (I have a 360 and Wii) but now I'm just going to stick to 360. The Blu-Ray is nice, but the PS3 has absolutely no games, and that doesn't seem to be changing.
I donno man. Sure, the Xbox has "more" games, but they aren't necessarily "better". Think about what you lose.

- Xbox is graphically a weaker system. Games for both look better on HD displays for the PS3, by a fair margin.
- Obviously the Blu-ray player. I hear Sony may release a drive for Xbox, but I doubt it'll be cheap.
- Xbox lacks convenient upgrade ability for their hard drive. Making it a weaker entertainment platform for pictures, movies and such.
- I wanted Metal Gear Solid 4 and Gran Turismo games.

Really, the only draw for the Xbox was their online offerings which are a bit more extensive and frequently updated.