Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Started by Bethie, March 30, 2004, 12:52:58 AM

Bethie

One of the best "high school" films out there.

Cameron Crowe going undercover as a student in a southern California high school to get this story. Rock on. Crowe posed as a senior (he was 22 at the time), made friends with people and here we have Fast Times at Ridgemont High. (k, so it may have not have been that simple.)

How could you not laugh at Spicoli ordering pizza in class? YOU LAUGHED, I know you did. "If I'm here and you're here... doesn't that make it our time?" You've all wanted to order pizza in class or have because you thought it was so kick ass.

Damone's Five Point Plan is ace.

1. First of all, never let on how much you like a girl.
2. Always call the shots.
3. Act like wherever you are, that's the place to be.
4. When ordering food, find out what she wants and then order for the both of you... it's a classy move.
5. And this is most important. When you get down to making out, whenever possible, put on the first side of Led Zeppelin IV.

Stacey whoring it. The Rat, poor, poor Rat. There were people like this in every high school.

Linda. Pretty Linda. That pool scene. All you boys love that red bathing suit. Even the director of that fecking Stacey's Mom video ripped it off.

This film is very quotable. So go ahead, post you favorite lines, post your fav. scene, fav. character. Tell us stories. Your reaction the first time you saw it?

(MacGuffin's avatar and sig inspired me to make this topic. Mac inspires. Way to go, Mac!)
who likes movies anyway

MacGuffin

Jefferson's Brother: My brother's gonna kill us! He's gonna kill us! He's gonna kill you and he's gonna kill me, he's gonna kill us!

Spicoli: Hey man, just be glad I had fast reflexes!

Jefferson's Brother: My brother's gonna shit!

Spicoli: Make up your mind, dude, is he gonna shit or is he gonna kill us?

Jefferson's Brother: First he's gonna shit, then he's gonna kill us!

Spicoli: Relax, alright? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

jefferson's brother:  "i like sex"

ono

Quote from: BethieDamone's Five Point Plan is ace.
As good as this movie may be, I've gotta ask, do women really go for this shit?  I can't see it.  But maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

El Duderino

i love how Damone thinks he's all big and bad, but then he cums in like 10 secs. totally awesome
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

cine

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaBut maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.
Or are you...

"Wookin' pa nub in all the wong pwaces....."

El Duderino

am i the only one who thinks Brian Backer looks like The Fonze?

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: El Duderinoam i the only one who thinks Brian Backer looks like The Fonze?

He could definitely have been the Fonz's geeky younger brother in Happy Days. Where were you 20 years ago?  That would have been a great episode.  The coolest guy in town has a dork for a brother and he has to learn to live with that after the dorky brother pretends he's as cool as Fonzie, tries to jump the shark, and almost kills himself.  Outstanding!

I sort of met Brian Backer at the Film Forum in NYC a year or so ago, whenever the re-release of Metropolis was.  Nice guy.  Not a dick even though David Spade's career took off after Police Academy 4 and his didn't.

Bethie

Quote from: Onomatopoeia
Quote from: BethieDamone's Five Point Plan is ace.
As good as this movie may be, I've gotta ask, do women really go for this shit?  I can't see it.  But maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

I go for it. Expect for point #4, I think I can handle ordering food on my own.

It's all about the confidence Damone has. It's hot.
who likes movies anyway

Thrindle

My Psych textbook mentions Damone's-smooth-ten-second-blow-out as date rape...

I rewatched Fast Times at Ridgemont High (love this movie)... hmm... she did say no...

One more thing, I'm not a lesbian, but Linda in that red bikini does it for me.   :oops:
Classic.

El Duderino

Quote from: Thrindle

One more thing, I'm not a lesbian, but Linda in that red bikini does it for me.   :oops:

i remember the first time i saw that, i was doing the same exact thing as Judge Reinhold. :lol:

Bethie

Quote from: ThrindleMy Psych textbook mentions Damone's-smooth-ten-second-blow-out as date rape...  

Ha. Cool.

My English Professor is also a film teacher. I was chatting with him tonight and he told me one of the films that he is showing in an upcoming class is Fast Times. I nearly shat myself. I went in school girl mode. He tried saying that Crowe was 19 when he wrote it. I had to say, "NO." Then told him the whole story. In YO face, MR. ENGLISH/FILM PROFESSOR! Yea!
who likes movies anyway

depooter

bethie. a woman after my own heart. Big Crowe fan? How did you find the board?

greg

www.theuncool.com
www.ptanderson.com

Bethie

Quote from: depooterbethie. a woman after my own heart.

You finally noticed! My mission has [almost] been accomplished....

QuoteBig Crowe fan?

Of course. One of the biggest. I even run a site called theunco...oh wait...   :wink:

QuoteHow did you find the board?

greg

www.theuncool.com
www.ptanderson.com

From YOU! That link at the top of The Uncool led me here. Now, I'm stuck. Look what you've done.
who likes movies anyway