X3 - X-Men: The Last Straw

Started by Banky, December 05, 2003, 09:28:31 AM

modage

yes, but kal.  you come to xixax.  and you DO know better. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ultrahip

OK I'm too lazy to use the quote button, however someone said that the Beast had no bad lines in this movie and well...were they listening when the Beast said "Oh, my stars and guarders!" ??? And is that actually what he said or did i mishear it? Was that a line? A WRITTEN LINE? I hope it was an inside joke for comic fans or something otherwise...I just don't know what to say...

MacGuffin

Quote from: kal on May 28, 2006, 12:05:33 AMI think the average people like it and thats what they went to see. And as far as Fox is concerned, that is what matters and that is why they made it and why they could make X4. This film has the 2nd largest openning day in history and it will for sure have one of the top 3 openning weekends ever. So believe me, nobody gives a shit what we say about Ratner or the film. It served its purpose with me and most of the people who made it and saw it.

But what I think you're forgetting is that this series has a built-in audience. Those are the people that made it a huge opening. The true test will be if the film has legs. Bad word of mouth from those fans can cause a serious drop from week to week, and not lead to repeat business. I think all those 'bloggers' and comic-book geeks that bad-mouthed Ratner when he first signed on went out of curiosity to see what he did to the series, if it turned out like from Burton to Schumacher.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

all i know is that i'm sick of seeing these assholes on every talk show and commercial on TV for what has seemed like MONTHS. i can't remember the last movie that was so over-exposed. AHHH! as i type this right now an interview w/ ratner and berry is on the TV guide channel!

bring on superman already.

Kal

lol, thats exactly the point.... we knew what was going to happen with Ratner directing this. Thats when you see how the studios have no fucking clue.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Ultrahip on May 28, 2006, 02:03:17 AM
the Beast said "Oh, my stars and guarders!" ??? And is that actually what he said or did i mishear it? Was that a line? A WRITTEN LINE? I hope it was an inside joke for comic fans or something otherwise...I just don't know what to say...

That's right out of the comic.

and Kal, next time you need to clear your head, toss on some Yanni and grab a Viewmaster, it's cheaper and serves the same purpose.

Kal

:yabbse-grin:

the movie already made 107 million dollars... and its not even Memorial Monday. So yeah, I think its the biggest Memorial Weekend Openning ever, maybe the biggest 4 day openning ever as well.

Ironic considering the film is crap, but thats life... and now Ratner will be the new hero for saving the Summer Box Office....

RegularKarate

One day you'll realize two things:

1. these numbers you're obsessing over are pointless
2. what ironic means

squints

Quote from: ©brad on May 28, 2006, 08:58:48 AM
all i know is that i'm sick of seeing these assholes on every talk show and commercial on TV for what has seemed like MONTHS. i can't remember the last movie that was so over-exposed. AHHH!

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

pete

Quote from: RegularKarate on May 28, 2006, 03:47:33 PM
One day you'll realize two things:

1. these numbers you're obsessing over are pointless
2. what ironic means

how come he only tells me "fuck you" and calls me a retard when everyone on the board keeps on zinging him?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Kal

because you are a fucking retard, pete.

regularkarate, im not obssesed about the numbers... but they happen to be the most important thing for the people who make movies happen. if they didnt have the money to invest, to pay the actors, crew, etc nobody would do it. if nobody watches a movie and they dont make money, then it also doesnt work. even the most independent and classic films need financing and they need distrbution and press, it all costs money.

you can trash my comments all you want. im here because some of the stuff is fun, and there are a few really smart guys in here. i enjoy reading and discussing. i dont take it personal because i dont give a fuck what somebody that doesnt know me and doesnt know more than me about this can say.

i may be a douche bag here to you, but i have two movies in production now that i got the financing and i invested a lot of money myself, and that makes me care about numbers. when they come out i will need them to do well or else i would have lost a lot of my own money, the investors money, and it will be very hard for me to make more movies in the future. maybe im wrong, but i think it is pretty important. not as important as the quality of the work maybe, but for big studios and corporations thats all it matters at the end of the day. and for actors who charge millions just to show up, its also a big deal.

©brad

Quote from: kal on May 28, 2006, 06:22:17 PMregularkarate, im not obssesed about the numbers...

Quote from: kal on May 28, 2006, 06:22:17 PMand that makes me care about numbers...

Quote from: kal on May 28, 2006, 06:22:17 PMi may be a douche bag ...

pete

Quote from: kal on May 28, 2006, 06:22:17 PM
because you are a fucking retard, pete.

normally I'd fire something back, but since everyone on this here board makes fun of you, and since you don't care because you have a therapist, a high school diploma, and a nice car, I guess I don't really need to.
- Buster Keaton

Kal

brad, one thing is to be obsessed and a very different one is to care. you should learn that.

and pete, say whatever you want dude, i dont care. i'll see you when i take my nice car to the car wash and you are the one washing it.

lets not forget this thread is about xmen and not me, so if you have something to say you can start a new thread or send me a PM. if not, leave me the fuck alone because i never start anything with you.

pete

can you post a picture of yourself online please?
- Buster Keaton