X3 - X-Men: The Last Straw

Started by Banky, December 05, 2003, 09:28:31 AM

Gamblour.

......that is so dumb.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

X-Men 3 Makes Its Move
The blitz begins next month!

According to The Xverse, 20th Century Fox and Marvel Entertainment will launch an aggressive marketing campaign for X-Men 3 in December. The Brett Ratner-directed sequel opens May 26, 2006.

The Xverse claims that USA Today will be the first outlet to publish official still photos of the cast. (USA Today was also the first to publish a photo of Brandon Routh as the Man of Steel.)

X3's teaser trailer will reportedly debut on the (revamped) official film site before hitting theaters with the December 14th opening of King Kong.

And remember that the December 6th release of Fox's Fantastic Four on DVD will include an "exclusive" look at X-Men 3, hosted by Marvel Studios chief Avi Arad.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

"USA Today": Impersonating A Newpaper Since 1982!
My house, my rules, my coffee

Gamblour.

You had to go and look up 1982, didn't you?
WWPTAD?

polkablues

Gamblour.

haha it's ok, it was a good joke.
WWPTAD?

polkablues

Quote from: Gamblour on November 23, 2005, 11:20:39 PM
You had to go and look up 1982, didn't you?

Wikipedia is my bible.

MacGuffin

X3 Trailer Next Week!
First look to be online.

IGN FilmForce was among the online news outlets who visited the set of X-Men 3 this week in Vancouver. A full set visit feature will be published closer to the sequel's May release date. That said, IGN can inform you that the trailer for X-Men 3 will debut Monday at Apple.com.

None other than Wolverine himself, actor Hugh Jackman, accompanied the press to Brett Ratner's screening room/trailer truck hybrid to watch the new trailer for the first time. Actually, the trailer went over so well that it was screened twice.

Featuring a newly recorded voice-over narration by Patrick Stewart, the trailer will include the first look at both Beast (Kelsey Grammer) and Angel (Ben Foster). An official still photo of Beast is also expected to be released Monday. The trailer will appear in theaters starting with the Dec. 14th release of King Kong.

The trailer includes shots of Magneto attacking the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, Wolverine pitted against Cyclops, Storm flying (finally!), a Danger Room sequence (again, finally!), the return of Jean Grey (surprise) and Magneto and his minions, including Juggernaut (Vinnie Jones), ready to finally wage war on their sworn enemy, homo sapiens.

Monday can't come fast enough for X-fans!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

edison

Gamblour.

Beast looks like leathered up crap in that picture, but I don't see Grammar in there at all. Hopefully the trailer will make him look better.
WWPTAD?

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

Quote from: Gamblour on December 05, 2005, 02:14:45 PMHopefully the trailer will make him look better.

It didn't.

Gamblour.

haha no it didn't. but he's certainly not terrible. I mean, get the Kelsey Grammar voice with much bravura and dignity and wisdom, it could be a pretty cool character. That makeup is pretty amazing. The Storm twisty spin move looks dumb. Angel looks interesting. The CGI looks simply incredible, e.g. Phoenix ripping the door open. The trailer wasn't great by any means, it was just poorly put together, but a lot of that imagery looks good. Maybe Rat has a winner on his hands.
WWPTAD?

Kal

movie looks good... but trailer doesnt... i wonder how different they are trying to make this one from the other ones... why change it if the others were a success? if someone can fuck up the franchise, thats ratner!

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Gamblour on December 05, 2005, 08:19:29 PM
Maybe Rat has a winner on his hands.

The birth of a nickname, friends.