77th Annual Academy Awards - Winners Listed on Page 10

Started by MacGuffin, October 14, 2004, 02:00:15 PM

Kal

Quote from: wantautopia?The big travesty is no Giamatti.  That is all.

Absolutely. Thats the main surprise for me. The rest is very predictable.

I like that Catalina Sandrino Moreno got a nomination.

And after just seeing Million Dollar Baby I understand Eastwood's Best Actor Nom too... he did great.

Gamblour.

I retract my statement about the Village nom for best score....where in the fuck is the nom for THE INCREDIBLES???
WWPTAD?

Redlum

How the hell is Jon Brion omitted from two potential catergories for two potential films!?

Apart from that its cool. Especially Alan Alda in the supporting nomination.

Is Motorcycle Diaries not eligible for foreign picture or something? I was kind of baffled by the BAFTA Best picture and best foreign picture nomination. Whats the deal?
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

RegularKarate

Thoughts (after a year's worth of journal entries in one entry just about the noms):

-Fox supporting in Collateral is down-right rascist, but that's what the studio was shooting for... because they're rascist.

- The Villiage score was Phillip Glass wannabe shit... No Brion and No Incredibles... bunk.

- No Giamatti is the horsiest horse shit.

- What IS Before Sunset adapted from?  Before Sunrise?

- Fahrenheit 911 didn't get nomed because Moore wanted it to be eligible for Best Picture... yeah, right.

-I'm glad Incredibles got something other than Animated.  That's probably the happiest surprise.  Though Best Picture would have been nice.

Find Your Magali

Let's start the momentum now: I want to see Morgan Freeman finally win an Oscar (much more than I want Scorsese to finally win) ... It would be, by far, the best feel-good moment of the night, and he's deserving for Million Dollar Baby.

GO, Easy Reader!!!!!!!!!

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Of all people to get nominated twice it was... Jamie Foxx.

Wonderful.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cowboykurtis

i would have liked to see nicole kidman get a nod for Birth.

i really hope aviator burries million dollar baby.

clint eastwood acting nod is bullshit - paul g really got it up the ass on this one.

huckabees score was the best of the year -- brion deserves an oscar.

i hope very long engagement wins for cinematography.
...your excuses are your own...

cowboykurtis

also i think CLOSER got an all around shaft -- would have loved to see Mike Nichols get a nod
...your excuses are your own...

Myxo

I definetly agree about Paul Giamatti..

..and Foxx for Collateral?

Bah.

What a weak year for award shows.

life_boy

Quote from: RegularKarateThoughts (after a year's worth of journal entries in one entry just about the noms):

-Fox supporting in Collateral is down-right rascist, but that's what the studio was shooting for... because they're rascist.

- The Villiage score was Phillip Glass wannabe shit... No Brion and No Incredibles... bunk.

- No Giamatti is the horsiest horse shit.

- What IS Before Sunset adapted from?  Before Sunrise?

- Fahrenheit 911 didn't get nomed because Moore wanted it to be eligible for Best Picture... yeah, right.

-I'm glad Incredibles got something other than Animated.  That's probably the happiest surprise.  Though Best Picture would have been nice.

Well said.

SHAFTR

Quote from: matt35mmI was really happy when Before Sunset was nominated for screenplay--however, I still don't understand why it's nominated for adapted.

I've been trying to figure this out.  Is it because it's based off the first one?  That doesn't make sense, does it?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Gold Trumpet

I'm sorta glad that I don't care who got nominated this year. It's my first year of really not feeling the need to follow the could have and should have's to anger and resentment at the academy. That being said, I liked seeing Incredibles nominated for best script.

Thrindle

Am I the only one wondering how Thomas Haden Church got nominated, and NOT Paul Giamatti?????
Classic.

Find Your Magali

Quote from: ThrindleAm I the only one wondering how Thomas Haden Church got nominated, and NOT Paul Giamatti?????

I know! LOWELL, for heaven's sake, has been nominated for a freaking Oscar.

What's next? Antonio Scarpacci getting his own TV show?

brockly

Quote from: ThrindleAm I the only one wondering how Thomas Haden Church got nominated, and NOT Paul Giamatti?????

not really......

Quote from: wantautopia?The big travesty is no Giamatti. That is all.
Quote from: Gamblor not so gone.I'm so! fucking! pissed! about this! I fucking hate this shit. They fill Giamatti's nomination with Clint Eastwood. Way to go Academy. The old safety.
Quote from: RegularKarateNo Giamatti is the horsiest horse shit.
Quote from: cowboykurtispaul g really got it up the ass on this one.
Quote from: MyxomatosisI definetly agree about Paul Giamatti