Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

Pubrick

Quote from: Lucid on July 28, 2006, 09:37:34 PM
What a great incentive for me to finally start watching the show.  I should probably catch up on the first two seasons to fully appreciate it by the time Santoro comes along this fall.
if it takes some douche bag to get you to start watching the best show on television you should probably not bother and just buy girl teen mags instead.
under the paving stones.

edison

Go rent Love Actually and have all the giggly moments you want.

MacGuffin

Lost Cast & Crew on Season Three
Source: The Associated Press

The cast and crew of ABC's "Lost" gathered at the Turtle Bay Resort in Oahu, Hawaii on Tuesday to mark the release of the DVD set, "Lost: The Complete Second Season - The Extended Experience," available in stores on September 5. Here are a few interesting clips from The Associated Press about the event:

"The hatch has definitely had its moment," confirmed executive producer Bryan Burk, referring to the mysterious underground bunker that was the set for much of the series' second-season drama. "Lets just say it was one big explosion."

As for the story: If the first season was all about the original plane-crash survivors adjusting to their new lives on a deserted island, and the second season was all about the so-called "tailies" (those who were in the tail of the plane, whom the originals had thought were dead), "this year," Lilly said, "we've opened this up to another whole other people, a whole other location, a whole other facet through which we can tell stories."

Michael Emerson, who plays the leader of "The Others" group, noted, "What I know is that we get to go live with The Others, where they learn a little more about their life and, hopefully, their mission, their agenda, whatever that might be. Maybe we'll get to warm up to them."

Producer Burk promised that many of the second season's looming questions would be answered in the first six episodes.

Cuse said the new season will include more action and adventure, and that new characters could well serve as love interests. And, he added, Sawyer (Holloway) and Jack (Matthew Fox) will definitely be competing for the romantic affections of Kate (Lilly).

"Lost" returns to ABC on October 4.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

The 'Lost' cast answers your questions
Source: USA Today

Last week, we challenged you to come up with questions for the Lost cast that would make them think, yet not incur the wrath of their overlords. USA TODAY's William Keck passed your inquiries along to the stars at Tuesday's Season 2 DVD party. Here's what the castaways had to say:

Terry O'Quinn (Locke)

Q: Will the third season see more of the "omnipotent Locke," the "easily manipulated Locke" or perhaps a side we haven't seen before?— Jerry Darby

A: "I don't think they're going to go back; it's an evolution. Locke and I were frustrated last season. He thought he was seeking the meaning of life, but then found this thing where he had to push this button every few minutes, which wasn't very satisfying. He's got to move on. He's got to find his place in this family. He's looking for someone else to acknowledge him in such a way that will define him to himself."

Josh Holloway (Sawyer)

Q: I am a Lost fan from Norway and Sawyer is my favorite character. My question is do you think Sawyer will ever find out who the REAL Mr. Sawyer is?" — Maryann Bjordal

A: "I hope so. I hope they answer that. I want to see where that plays out. I want to see him face that guy. Maybe it's the bearded guy (Mr. Friendly) on the island. There are probably lots of interesting twists to come in the Sawyer flashbacks."

Daniel Dae Kim (Jin)

Q: Which role (besides your own) would you like to play if you had the opportunity to pick?— Sports_Playa

A: "Good question. I like different sides of a lot of characters. Locke has a very fantastic mysterious side. Eko has this spiritual side to him. And Jack has this conflicted heroism. And I love the character I play too!"

JORGE GARCIA: "I enjoy the lines that Sawyer gets. As far as the memorable lines on the show, I think its between him and Hurley."

Jorge Garcia (Hurley)

Q: "If Lost were a reality show, which character do you think would still be standing (not voted off) on the last episode and why?"— Tonya Parker Morrison

A: "I have no idea. It's stupid to say Hurley, but why wouldn't I vote for myself? He's fairly well liked. I think it would be cool to see him lead a little more this season. There is going to be a need for people to take charge, and the opportunity may be there for him to do it."

Q: Your character came this close to hooking up with Cynthia Watros last season. Did you lose an on-set bet that she got killed off before the big romantic scene?— Ray Bradley

A: "That romance was fun. It meant a lot to me because a guy my size usually doesn't get a love interest in a prime time show. It was a special thing as far as breaking categories. I'm curious how this tragedy may effect him — and finding out that Michael was the cause. There may be some kind of change in him — perhaps more stoic. Or maybe vengeful."

Bryan Burk (producer)

Q: (Among) the background people that haven't been speaking, have any of them actually moved into speaking roles or do they just bring in new people and pretend that they were in the background all along?" — Michael Riordan

A: "We use a lot of the same atmosphere people. There are people there who are still there from the pilot, wearing the same outfits from when the plane crashed. We keep referencing Scott and Steve— one of them has died, but I'm not sure if the writers even know which one anymore. There were two actors playing Scott and Steve, but we believe they switched names along the way... It's absolutely possible that these people could get lines. Who gets lines changes on a minute by minute basis. One of our editors ended up getting a role in the first episode."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Interview: Michael Giacchino
The Lost composer chats about his Season Two score, forthcoming Season Three cues and creating a consistent body of work.

Michael Giacchino is quickly becoming one of the leading composers in the TV, film and video game industry. After making his debut with the score for the Lost World: Jurassic Park video game in 1997, he has worked steadily for some of the biggest names in the entertainment industry, providing the music for projects including Alias, The Incredibles and Lost. His longtime collaboration with J.J Abrams continues in coming projects with Abrams' forthcoming Star Trek XI film; but in the meantime, he is currently celebrating the release of Lost Season Two on DVD.

During the recent red carpet event launching the Lost set, Giacchino spoke to IGN DVD about his work on Seasons One, Two and Three. In addition to discussing his general creative process, Giacchino talked at length about his work on the show, and spilled his feelings about the burden of bringing new sounds to this spectacular series.

IGN DVD: By Season Two, a lot of the show's leitmotifs or audio cues have been pretty firmly established. What's the challenge in terms of moving from one season to the next and expand that musical palette?

Michael Giacchino: Well, this year it was kind of fun to expand it with Henry Gale, and also expand it into the whole Others thing. I mean, the Others were revealed slowly, kind of more and more to us in Season Two, and what started off as a very simple motif for them slowly developed into something more complicated. It's just this thing that kind of naturally happens that as they unfold the story I'm able to then glean more out of that, get more inspiration from it and start adding to what I'm doing. But the simpler and more cryptic it is, the more simple I stay, and that's just kind of a natural way of working on the show. But it is a challenge, and to find new ways to use Locke's music, new ways to use, you know, Charlie or Hurley - all of those guys - it's always a challenge to try to find [something new], but you also don't want to be too different because that's their thing. That's who they are and that's what they are. It's kind of like following an opera.

IGN: You've been very busy in recent years doing Alias, Lost and The Incredibles to name just a few projects, and are creating a canon like that of Danny Elfman - a certain sound that people identify with your work. What's the challenge for you moving from one project to the next and being able to do something new while not straying too far from what people associate with your work?

Giacchino: It is tough, but hopefully what I always try to do is create either an orchestral set-up that is different from every [other project]. I mean, if you look at Alias, the Alias orchestra is completely different from what the Lost orchestra is, so they have different sounds to them. When I was a kid I used to play this game where I would listen to my parents watch TV in the other room and I would listen to the shows and try to figure out what shows they were watching just by listening to the music. Certain shows were very easy to figure out because they had a specific orchestration set up, and other shows were kind of nebulous and they sounded like other shows. So for us, every time we do one of these new shows or do a film for me the first job is, okay, what's the orchestra going to be, and how is that going to relate to the story, and everything that is going on in the film or TV show. We create a sound that is unique to that, and hopefully once I'm done, like if you're listening to Lost, it doesn't sound like any show on TV. Or if you're watching Alias, it sounds like you're watching Alias and not something you've heard a million times before.

IGN: How different is scoring for film as opposed to scoring for TV?

Giacchino: It's the same thing. People ask me all of the time: what is it like for games, what is it like for TV, what is it like for film. They're all unbelievably similar, you know? Television has not as big a budget as film does, [so] most of the differences are financial and schedule. But as far as creativity goes, they're all very similar. You're always trying to find the story. That's the main goal - just find that story.

IGN: At the end of last season, and now the beginning of Season Three, there's a lot of stuff going on with the core cast members and the Others. What was your first challenge when you came back to work on the show?

Giacchino: This year? I haven't even seen an episode yet, so it will probably be some time mid-September when I actually see something. I've like been kind of saying, 'don't tell me, don't tell me', so the honest answer is I'm not sure yet. I'll find out as soon as they send it to me and I can kind of figure out what the heck I'm supposed to do with [the material].

IGN: Do you prefer not to know what is going to happen from one episode to the next?

Giacchino: Yes. I definitely prefer not to know.

IGN: Is that as a viewer or for creating the music?

Giacchino: Just for creating the music. For me, it's like if something happens to you in life - like if your girlfriend breaks up with you, you're going to react emotionally a certain way. If she comes back to you and breaks up with you again you're going to be like, 'okay, we did this already'. So you're not going to react the same way. So when I'm watching the show, I like to kind of get the gut reaction down and write the gut reaction rather than write the reaction now that I've watched it a bunch of times because I feel in initial more than any other it's so important to just be in the moment of what's going on. Because it is a show that you could argue that it's crazy, it makes no sense and could never ever happen, but as long as you're in the moment of the story, I think that you're able to pull people in and think, 'well, maybe this is really happening'.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

looks like everyone's getting new glass eyes.

MacGuffin

Interview: Michael Emerson
Lost's Henry Gale creeps us out on the red carpet.

Among the many conflicted characters on TV's Lost, there are seemingly none as complex as Henry Gale. This mysterious stranger ventured into the survivors' lives last season as an enigma, seemingly appearing from nowhere with enough tales to take the cast from here to Kansas. His true identity as one of the Others was soon discovered by Sayid, Locke, and the rest, but not before actor Michael Emerson provided the other characters - much less the audience - with enough doubts to sustain their suspension of judgment.

Emerson is a stage actor who in recent years has enjoyed a number of roles on both the small and big screen. In addition to his stint on Lost, he previously appeared in the Adrian Lyne film Unfaithful, in a recurring role on The Practice, and perhaps most memorably to IGN readers in the original Saw as one of the agents of Jigsaw's twisted imagination. IGN spoke to Emerson at the launch party for the Lost Season Two DVD release, where he offered a few insights both about his character and the approach he takes in rendering these remarkably distinctive and frequently frightening characters.

IGN DVD: So do you think Henry Gale has a place to be redeemed this season?

Michael Emerson: Oh, yes. You mean will he rise in the sympathy system of the viewership? Yes, I think he will.

IGN: How so?

Emerson: I think not by changing his fundamental character by us perceiving him afresh by virtue of context or new circumstances. I think the more we see of what his day to day problems are, what his agenda is, the better we will like him. I'm not saying we'll really, really like him.

IGN: It seems like everybody on the show is guilty of something. What do you think Henry gale is guilty of?

Emerson: I don't know. Hubris? Arrogance? Over-education? I don't know what it could be (laughs).

IGN: Prior to this you were known for being in Saw. What draws you to these 'creepy' characters?

Emerson: A better question might be what is it about those characters that appeals to audiences, or an even better question is why do audiences perceive them as creepy? Let's say I got to the studio one day and I play it in neutral - I don't make any judgment about the character or the material or anything. And then when it comes out and it's all chopped together and there's music and stuff, people go 'my God that's scary!' But I don't know what the scary element is. I don't know if it's something in me. I don't know if it's in the playing of it or the perceiving of it. It's an interesting issue, though.

IGN: Now that viewers know who you are, how much did you know when you first came in - and how much did you adjust your performance to sort of play to the ambiguity of the role?

Emerson: I had no idea who he was or where they were going with it, nor did we take any story meetings or anything like that. It was just show up on the set and say these words, and I was sort of winging it, but I think maybe they were evolving an idea of the character as well. So they watched how I solved little problems and they thought 'ah- maybe that's alright'. So maybe we've all grown into the role a little bit or found a direction for it by, I don't know, accident partly. But no, there was never much discussion about the story or the arc or anything like that. It's really interesting.

IGN: Did that absence of direction make it harder or easier to create the character?

Emerson: I was sort of relieved. It sort of lets me just play around with the thing. I get to just come in and act instinctively, a little bit - which is a dangerous thing, probably. I wouldn't want to overdo it on the instincts. But it has all gone alright so far, which is not to say that every part you ever get works out very smoothly, because some times even the smallest parts are like pushing a big rock up a steep hill - none of it seems to be right. But this one has always felt good, I have to say.

IGN: How familiar were you with Lost before you joined the cast?

Emerson: It was on every Wednesday in our home because my wife is a Lostaholic, but I would watch most of them. I would be doing housework and stuff passing through the living room, so I was pretty well caught up on it, but once I got the job then of course I had to cram a little bit.

IGN: Who would you say is your favorite character?

Emerson: I know my wife likes Locke, but she likes Sayid too. I don't know - there's so many likeable characters to choose from. You've got to love Locke, though; he's a sturdy fellow and you feel sympathy with him. You feel like you're in good hands.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: Michael Emerson
my wife is a Lostaholic
also alcoholic.

Quote from: Michael Emerson
I would be doing housework and stuff
cos his wife is an alcoholic.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Cusick carries lone Emmy torch for 'Lost' cast
Source: USA TODAY

LANIKAI, Hawaii —Lost's sole acting Emmy nominee, Henry Ian Cusick, may have lost out at last weekend's Creative Arts Emmy Awards, where he was up for guest actor on a drama series. But he has plenty to celebrate: a new marriage, a new beach home and a series regular spot playing Desmond in the hit ABC drama's third season (premiering Oct. 4, 9 p.m. ET/PT).

This August afternoon is moving-in day for Cusick, a UK import whose mysterious Lost character also hails from the UK. Desmond attended medical school and survived a military prison before ending up shipwrecked on the island, where he spent three years in the hatch pushing a button to stave off a cataclysmic event.

Cusick says it wasn't that bad. "I am very happy with my own company. I could just about cope with being in the hatch myself."

The actor's account of how he thinks he got the role sounds like a Lost character's crossover flashback. Cusick happened to be staying at the home of actor friend Brian Cox (X2: X-Men United), who lives next door to Lost executive producer Carlton Cuse. Cusick says he met Cuse briefly and believes "a seed (was) planted, because they had been looking for either a Scottish or Irish character."

Cusick, who is of Scottish and Peruvian descent, is super casual on the day before reporting to work on Lost's Hawaii set, wearing swim trunks and T-shirt, his hair long and face unshaven.

It soon becomes clear that there's not much he is allowed to say — or maybe even knows — about his new season story line. "Desmond has an underlying faith in something," he says. And he describes his character as "a decent man who has been dealt some bad ones but keeps on going."

He might have good reason to hang on: Desmond was revealed in last season's finale to be the island's link to the outside world.

Desmond's wealthy girlfriend, Penelope "Penny" Widmore (played by Sonya Walger, who producers say will return), received a late-night phone call informing her of the island's whereabouts in the finale's final moments. Cusick speculates that Penny may be Desmond's "driving force."

For the past 14 years, Cusick's own heart has belonged to former London theater director Annie Wood, whom the actor wed on July 15. It was a small, civil ceremony that was more practical than romantic, says Cusick, the son of a minister and nephew of a priest who once considered attending seminary.

"American law doesn't acknowledge common-law wives, so Annie had no legal standing in the States," explains Cusick, 39. "We had to get married for the visa (or) Annie would have had to come and go every three months."

They have three sons, all of whom sport Dad's long, messy hair. Judging by their playful behavior this afternoon, Eli, 12, Lucas, 8, and Esau, 6, are adjusting to American life in their rented home. (Cusick chose not to buy, having heard that "anyone who buys here seems to get killed off" the show.)

"They're so hyper," says Cusick, excited that his wife has arrived with boxes of the family's clothes. "How fantastic is it to live and work in Hawaii? We haven't even unpacked, and the boys have already jumped in the pool in their underpants."

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Interview: Terry O'Quinn
Locke lets us in on a few Lost secrets.

As Locke on the hit series Lost, Terry O'Quinn is certainly one of the cast's venerated elders, dispensing common sense and philosophy in almost equal measures. But off screen, the actor is equally experienced - and after more than 25 years as an actor, he should be. His previous roles include turns in such films as Heaven's Gate, Silver Bullet, Young Guns, and The Stepfather, where he played the malevolent paterfamilias not once but twice.

Today, however, O'Quinn has found a relatively secure gig on Lost - not the least of which because he is one of the show's most-loved characters; even his fellow cast members pick Locke as their favorite. IGN recently spoke to O'Quinn during the launch party for the Lost Season Two DVD; in addition to offering insights about who is his favorite character, O'Quinn talks at length about his experience playing Locke, being a button-pusher, and properly enjoying his forthcoming action figure.

IGN DVD: What is the one thing you wish you could have found in the hatch besides the tires for your car?

Terry O'Quinn: Obviously Locke wished he could have found the meaning of his life in the hatch. That's what he was looking for - his job, his destiny, his task, his meaning, and it turned out to be pushing a button and he found that very disappointing.

IGN: Have you ever been a button pusher in real life?

O'Quinn: A button-pusher? No. Never. I've been doing this since I was in college and before that I did nothing. The button pushing was a whole new experience for me and I found it very dissatisfying and I was unhappy for Locke. Locke was unhappy and I was very sympathetic.

IGN: Do you think Locke was frustrated because of his isolation of just pressing a button all the time?

O'Quinn: I think he was frustrated because he thought getting into the hatch and finding [what was in it] was going to give him some definition and was going to maybe be the answer to his life's work. It was kind of like the old man and the mountain: if he got up there he was going to get the answer and he was going to find some peace of mind and some meaning - something that would drive him forward. But it didn't.

IGN: Do you think he does next season?

O'Quinn: I don't know if he finds it, but I think he continues to seek it. I think he has to. I think he's driven and often to his detriment to hurt himself and hurt others simply to find 'why are we here?' only on a personal level. You know - he's asking that question: why am I here?

IGN: It seems everyone on the island is guilty of something and maybe that's why they're there. What is Locke guilty of?

O'Quinn: I don't know. Of a specific crime, I don't know. He's guilty of being a sucker, being too easy and wearing his heart on his sleeve. Of falling for anybody who comes along and anything. He's guilty of being too trusting, but on the other hand, it makes him innocent of everything because he wants to believe, he wants there to be magic, he wants things to be good.

IGN: Overall, how would you characterize your experience of working on Season Two compared to Season One?

O'Quinn: Season Two seemed to go by much more quickly in a way because the experience wasn't as varied. Season One was discovering this character and discovering all these little things - he knew so much and he was willing to relate things to people. And Season Two, he went down this hole and started pushing this button, and the magic seemed to go away. So Season Two seems to me like one long episode. In Season One were very specific talks and talking with people; I remember scenes, I remember talking with Jack about his leadership, talking to Sawyer about my sister, talking to Charlie about the drugs. I remember all of that very clearly. Season Two was all about pushing the button, I'm frustrated, I'm mad at this and I'm mad at Jack, Henry Gale is twisting my arm. It was the hatch, basically.

IGN: How much do you feel you've had some influence or inspiration to the writers in terms in contributing some of your own personality or some of your frustrations with what you would interpret into playing that character?

O'Quinn: I think plenty. I think the writers respond to what they see in the cast big time, not necessarily in terms of story points but certainly in terms of performance points and where they take the character. If they're going from point A to point B, they might let the character decide what B and C are, I mean the actor, to a certain extent, but they know they're going to get to D. So I think that the writers are influenced a good bit by the actors.

IGN: How do you feel about being an action figure?

O'Quinn: Well I haven't seen it. That was never one of dreams to be an action figure so I don't know. Somebody asked me if I hoped the action figure had props and I said yeah, a little gun to shoot himself (laugh). Or if you get one, buy him and release him in the garden with a little knife where he can hunt mice.

IGN: We've asked everyone so far who their favorite character is on the show and they've all said Locke. Who is your favorite character?

O'Quinn: Well I'd have to agree with all of them (laughs). I bow down to their superior intelligence. My favorite character to look at is Kate. I mean I love working with Sawyer, I love working with Dominic Monaghan, I love working with Matthew, I like working with Ian. It's a bunch of good actors. My favorite person to greet when I get to work that would have to be Evangeline. She's a great hugger.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin on August 27, 2006, 11:56:06 PM
IGN: How do you feel about being an action figure?
i'm so sick of this fucking question. it is number one on my list of dullest pieces of yawn inducing SHIT a person can be asked. if i ever get an action figure made of myself, god forbid, and it's televised, i can only wish, i will break it in half and throw the pieces at the camera and the interviewer. then i'll change the subject and continue the interview as if nothing happened.
under the paving stones.

picolas

i wouldn't mind an action figure. it's a dumb question though. kind of like "how does it feel to WIN?" or "what were you thinking when you scored the goal?" or "you have won. (points mic at winner)"

reminds me of http://youtube.com/watch?v=5x8ARIxg51I&mode=related&search=

MacGuffin

Interview: Evangeline Lilly
The luminous Lost leading lady talks about the Season Two DVD set, Season Three secrets and who Kate should be canoodling with.

Before 2004, Evangeline Lilly was a virtual unknown, having done almost no professional work to speak of as an actress. Two years later, she's a magazine cover girl, a highly-touted leading lady, and the star of one of the hottest television shows on the air: Lost. Suffice it to say she makes success look great, leaving the rest of us mere mortals floundering for her attention - especially when you're one of 20 journalists hoping to quiz her about the new Lost Season Two DVD set.

Thankfully, IGN did catch up to Lilly at the Season Two party, albeit not in traditional interview circumstances; a helpful publicist pulled her over to talk for just a few minutes, where she generously offered some insights about the past, present and future of Kate, her character on the show.

IGN: Compared to Season One, how would you characterize or differentiate your experience working on Season Two of Lost?

Lilly: Season Two was less stressful because I had a little experience and I had something to draw from. It was also less stressful because we had other people to share the load with us; bringing in the tailies, in my opinion, was such a great relief for us because it meant that other people were there to carry the load a little bit for us. I think that Season One was kind of special in that it was the inception and it was my first baby steps into the industry, and it was a trial by fire. But definitely I think Season Two was easier and I'm hoping Season Three gets even easier.

IGN: What in particular do you think will grab people on the DVDs?

Lilly: Well, the features are incredible. The bonus features are great for satisfying the real Lost geeks who follow the show, who follow the program, and people who are obsessed with theories and the ideas behind it. I mean, it's a whole thing, the logo on the show. For me, the best part of the DVD bonus features was the fact that it had the true stars of the show on there which are the crew and the writers and the directors and the producers. These are people who make or break the show completely and utterly and you get to see their faces and here them talk and see what it's like to make this show. They get into great detail about what it's like to make a show and I even learned things that I didn't know. I didn't know about how they color adjust the scenes in order to make sure that everything matches. I just assume that it goes and that they make it. But there is all these different things and there are people out there who are hungry for that information.

IGN: Do you have an opinion who Kate should end up with - Jack or Sawyer?

Lilly: I actually used to have an opinion for most of Season One and Two. I used to feel that Sawyer was better for Kate because they were on the level with each other. They were really compatible in the way that they mutually understood and respected each other and Jack was always a little above Kate, a little high and mighty for Kate. But I feel like Kate has grown enough in these two seasons that she's kind of on a level with both of them now. I feel like it could split either way and Kate will be fine.

IGN: Will one of those relationships blossom more in Season Three?

Lilly: I don't know. You'd have to ask the producers. I can't confirm or deny these rumors.

IGN: Who have the fans been rooting for you to hook up with?

Lilly: I've read statistics online. I've read statistics in magazines and I've read my fan mail and I can't get a number one way or the other. It seems to just yo-yo back and forth.

IGN: What are you looking forward to personally and professionally in Season Three?

Lilly: Personally, I'm looking forward to yet again settling a little bit farther into the idea of the lifestyle in this industry because that's something that's also new to me. For the first two years, the first one in particular, it was very stressful and it was very intense and I just like the idea that as every year goes by that intensity will mellow and I will be able to spend a little bit more time relaxing and enjoying the benefits of the job and the industry rather than constantly trying to play catch up and learn and grow.

IGN: Did working in Hawaii help you feel more comfortable moving into 'Hollywood'?

Lilly: Probably because I think that being isolated from the Hollywood world of premieres and red carpet events was probably good for me because I could ease into those at will and by my own choice. But in other aspects, when it comes to fanfare Hawaii is nuts and in L.A. they're all so jaded. They don't care. They see another star and it's like, 'oh yeah, we've seen a hundred of them before. You're a dime a dozen'. Which is a little bit easier to deal with.

IGN: Can we expect Kate to be with the Others at the start of Season Three based on what happened at the end of Season Two?

Lilly: I would expect so. So far what I have filmed has been fifty/fifty. I filmed my first episode with Henry Gale, my first scene, I mean, with Henry Gale which was really, really wonderful. I think that everyone knows that he's a fantastic actor and he's an utter gentleman in real life, but it was fun to work with a gentleman and have them call action and have him be this really, really creepy guy.

Lilly: I've read statistics online. I've read statistics in magazines and I've read my fan mail and I can't get a number one way or the other. It seems to just yo-yo back and forth.

IGN: Has living in Hawaii changed the way you dress and live?

Lilly: Yeah, definitely it's changed. I can't wear scarves and boots and coats and hats anymore and I miss it like crazy. Of course I do. I'm a good Canadian girl. I miss all that good stuff. I miss tobogganing and I miss snowboarding, but I've also learned to surf and I've become a water baby which I used to be relatively terrified of the water and I kayak all the time now and I'm able to run year round on the beach which you can't obviously do in Canada. So there is all of that and it has been really great.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: MacGuffin on August 31, 2006, 12:42:58 PM
Interview: Evangeline Lilly

[...]

Not a bad interview. Here's to Kate canoodling with Jack.