Worst Films of 2002

Started by life_boy, January 09, 2003, 06:01:40 AM

Steve

Worst movie of 2002? The Hours, without a doubt. It's like the Lifetime channel, except that channel's lesbian undertones are a bit more subtle. Yuck.
"if i really bought all that crack, where are the receipts?" - Whitney Houston

bonanzataz

I don't completely agree with you on that (there were TONS of worse movies out last year), but this quote...

Quote from: Steve"if i really bought all that crack, where are the receipts?" - Whitney Houston

Rock on. I love that quote and I love how she really did say that.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

budgie

Quote from: bonanzataz
Quote from: budgieOf the ones I've seen, but shit now can't even remember if it was 2002: About A Boy. Oh yeah, it was. Wasn't it?

What was so bad about it? I just rented it from blockbuster and I enjoyed it. It became a bit sappy towards the end, but other than that I thought it was a fine movie. Not the best of the year, but certainly not the worst of 2002...

The only interesting thing was Hugh Grant's downbeat turn, but otherwise the characters were crushingly cliched, the kid was sickening, the script was nothing special and the cinematography was clumsy. I'm sorry, but whenever we see British movies such as this one we imagine the screen shrinking down to tv proportions and the chairs widening out to comfy archchair size and a gran bringing in a nice cup of tea. Boo, boo and boo.
Totally unfunny, apart from the guitar playing in the school.

But wait, now I reconsider, there's Birthday Girl, which had two dire leads and a worse everything else, with only Matthieu Kassovitz and Vincent thing to recommend it.

And Attack of the Clones. And Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.

I will defend The Good Girl to the death. And personally I do think Holden is supposed to be more than just someone who thinks he's Holden Caulfield. I mean, Holden Caulfield isn't the genius he wants to be either, and it seemed natural and inevitable in The Good Girl that Holden should die (thus making Justine less guilty, if she is) because really he couldn't exist in the world to which the others belonged. He was, to himself, and to Justine, a fictional, romantic hero. It isn't that ordinary to actually go as far as shooting yourself. He didn't really exist except as a dream, but the beauty is that he almost did. The ending of the film is great because it slips the dream into Justine's reality.

Derek

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

modage

the time machine
scooby doo
the santa clause 2
24 hour party people
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

yarnboy

I really feel like not enough people saw Swimfan. This was of course another "girlfriend made me" movie..But really my god..This was seriously one of the single most horrible movies I've seen in my whole life. It looked like some one learned what a movie was..then they got $50m, made a movie, someone then showed them a picture of an Avid, pointed to the power button, then left the room. Four days later, they released it.
"signature quotes are dumb"

Vivian Darkbloom

O.K. Almost nobody agrees with me but I have to say the worst movie of 2002 is CHICAGO. I know a lot of people loved it, I know it won the oscar (which pissed me off even more than when Forrest Gump won backin 94) and so on and so on... But the thing is I really like Bob Fosse. And I was a little scared when I saw the casting, given that I hated every lead actor in there (except for John C. Reilly of course...). And the trailer looked a little ugly (yes, I do think the cinematography in this movie sucks). But there was some hope : Screenplay by Bill Condon. And boy was I disapointed. When the credits rolled and people started to applause, I was just plain angry. So just tell me this : Am I alone ?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Vivian DarkbloomSo just tell me this : Am I alone ?

Not really:
http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=110
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

Quote from: Vivian DarkbloomO.K. Almost nobody agrees with me but I have to say the worst movie of 2002 is CHICAGO. I know a lot of people loved it, I know it won the oscar (which pissed me off even more than when Forrest Gump won backin 94) and so on and so on... But the thing is I really like Bob Fosse. And I was a little scared when I saw the casting, given that I hated every lead actor in there (except for John C. Reilly of course...). And the trailer looked a little ugly (yes, I do think the cinematography in this movie sucks). But there was some hope : Screenplay by Bill Condon. And boy was I disapointed. When the credits rolled and people started to applause, I was just plain angry. So just tell me this : Am I alone ?

chicago was great, as was the cinematography. come on now, u don't have to hate everything.

Pas

There's a fuckin difference between a "movie you don't like" and "the worst movie of the year" ... The Good Girl, About a Boy, Chicago... come on

ProgWRX

indeed...

About a Boy is a seriously good movie (in its genre). Its hard to beleive it was directed by the folks who did American Pie...
-Carlos

Alethia

i loved chicago and i applauded after it because that movie fuckin deserved an applause.