The Incredible Hulk

Started by ©brad, January 27, 2003, 12:09:10 PM

Redlum

Yeah this "Greek tragedy" thing has got me quite interested.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Ghostboy

I'll be seeing it by Thursday at the latest, but I'll be going again this weekend with friends. I'm hyped.

Derek

I think this movie will be so kick-ass, it will transcend the 'comic book' genre.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Sal

Ill probably see it this Wed if things work out.  Can't wait!

polkablues

Somehow I'll have to choose between this and "From Justin To Kelly".  How... to... decide......

Ah, fuck it.  I'll see "The Hulk".  With all the bitching I've been doing about it, it'll probably end up being my favorite movie of the year.   And, if nothing else, two hours of new footage of Jennifer Connelly is worth my eight bucks.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Ghostboy

The new ads they've been playing on TV have been pretty awesome, what with their understated, 'visionary director' approach. Lots of shots of The Hulk standing still, emoting, etc. Very dramatic. Very effective, cause now I want to see it MORE.

MacGuffin

Quote from: GhostboyThe new ads they've been playing on TV have been pretty awesome, what with their understated, 'visionary director' approach. Lots of shots of The Hulk standing still, emoting, etc. Very dramatic. Very effective, cause now I want to see it MORE.

The clips I saw on Ebert & Roeper showed the split/multi screens Ang used to make the film resemble comic book panels. That looked awesome.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

oakmanc234

Ghostboy wrote: Lots of shots of The Hulk standing still, emoting, etc. Very dramatic. Very effective, cause now I want to see it MORE.

Yeah, that's what interests me more, a popcorn flick with DEPTH, they are incredibly rare (apart from the 'LOTR' movies). Even if the Hulk does look kinda goofy when emotional (from the pics I've seen).
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Pwaybloe

This has been my most anticipated movie this year.  I'm extremely psyched about it.  3 more days for me.

Off topic: Has anyone else rode "The Hulk" ride at Islands of Adventure in Orlando, FL?  I know most of you are on the west coast, but you've got to come ride it.

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

sphinx

friday.  sphinx is divided about this movie and will probably sit at home not watching it because he's already convinced himself of what the movie will be like

©brad

there's already some super-duper views out from hollywood reporter and over at aintitcrapnews. im pumped.

bonanzataz

i'm so excited i might have to change my av soon.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

NEON MERCURY

i think it will be pretty good...the cgi hulk is CHEESY though(imo)

Duck Sauce

Quote from: NEON MERCURYi think it will be pretty good...the cgi hulk is CHEESY though(imo)

So does the CGI in general look cheesey or just the way he looks in CGI looks cheesey? Im not a fan of CGI, but I am pretty impressed, better than a bodybuilder, but they still shoulda waited a bit longer