The ITALIAN Job

Started by modage, May 30, 2003, 08:21:04 PM

modage

okay,  firstly, it was not as bad as the trailers made it look.  those tv ads were so terrible i almost didnt sneak into watch this.  they were a jumbled mess of catch phrases and somehow still managed to show you every single thing that happens in the movie.  so pretty much, if youve seen the theatrical trailer for this and one tv spot; consider any potential surprises ruined.  i think Ed Nortons character sums up exactly how i feel about this movie
"You just ruined the best thing you had going for you.  The element of surprise".  
this movie should've taken its own advice.  it had very very little to do with the original 1969 Italian Job, (not that i have a problem with that.  but if youre calling it a remake shouldnt it bare some resemblancec besides gang of theives pull a heist and a mini chase?)  but it worked fine in its own way.  mark wahlberg on the other hand, has been "THE RUINER OF MOVIES" for me recently just completely sticking out like the sorest thumb of bad acting that i can dream up (tie: Keanu).  
TRUTH ABOUT CHARLIE: RUINED!
PLANET OF THE APES: RUINED!
if he really does daydream about golf during his "acting" can he atleast not look like it?  its called ACTING mark.  its kind of like pretending. oh nevermind.
overall, it was watchable, fun. but not very good.  anyone going to see this without having seen a single trailer will have a lot more fun.  but if you have seen any trailers for this thing be warned.  you will just be stringing together what happens between the scene you already saw and the next scene you already saw.  hmm..end rant for now.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

©brad

i'll probably love it.

Ghostboy

A pleasant diversion. No real point in saying much more about it.

modage

Quote from: GhostboyA pleasant diversion. No real point in saying much more about it.

oops. too late for that.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

bonanzataz

i'm in the mood to hate a bad action movie.
rare you say?
not really, actually.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pozer

I thought it was entertaining. a fun popcorn sunday afternoon flick.

I don'tknow what the modernage guy is talking about. Marky Mark was fine in this movie. he didn't ruin anything. and he didn't ruined truth about charlie or planet of the apes, those movies were ruined on different levels.

anyway, go see this movie if you wanna have a good ol' time at the movies

also, I thought it was pretty funny that mos def's character was deaf in the one ear

MacGuffin

Director Gray Talks Possible Italian Job Sequel
Source: BBC

The BBC talked to The Italian Job director F. Gary Gray about a possible sequel to this summer's hit film. According to the trade, the sequel would be called The Brazilian Job.

"I'd do it. Absolutely," Gray said. "I loved the first one. I love working with Mark Wahlberg. I love working with Charlize Theron and Seth Green. If we do another one, I'll be right there."

He also says he's hopeful the cast will return. "I think I'd get most of them back because they're all good friends and we had a really good time making the movie. I would be really instrumental in creating the second one. It would be fantastic."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Paramount Looks to Reassemble JOB Crew
Studio negotiating with the stars of The Italian Job to come back for a sequel.

Paramount Pictures is attempting a sequel to The Italian Job and is in negotiations with stars Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron, Seth Green, Mos Def and Jason Statham to return to the John Goldwyn produced film.

Husband and wife writing team Wayne and Donna Powers are busy writing the script so the film can begin shooting in late March for a November 2005 release. Although a director has not yet been signed, it's reported that F. Gary Gray, who directed last year's remake of the 1969 original, will be offered the job.

The remake was set it in Venice and Hollywood. The new sequel is expected to take place mostly in St. Tropez, Paris and the French Alps. It will be quite the juggling feat to get the topliners back together again in those locales, especially since Theron is currently shooting Aeon Flux and has been on hiatus since August 31 while she recovers from an injury suffered while filming.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Twohy Gets a Job
Riddick filmmaker writing Italian Job sequel.

Pitch Black and Riddick filmmaker David Twohy has signed with Paramount Pictures to write the script for The Brazilian Job, the sequel to the 2003 heist pic The Italian Job, which starred Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron, an ensemble cast and a slew of Mini Coopers.

According to today's Variety, Twohy initially approached Paramount with an original screenplay he had written entitled The Wrecking Crew.  The studio reportedly liked the idea, but thought it would work better as a sequel. Twohy agreed to adapt the idea as a second Job installment.

Director F. Gary Gray is set to return as is most, if not all, of the original cast. The trade adds that the studio is already being wooed by automakers to have their cars featured in the flick.

There's no timeframe given, but the picture will be shot on location in Brazil. We'll have more for ya as it develops.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Finn

it's probably doomed for sure
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Quote from: MacGuffin
 The Brazilian Job

oh my god, i hope they never mess with Mexico.  :yabbse-angry:
context, context, context.

noyes

south america's my name.

MacGuffin

The Brazilian Job Targets Summer 2007
Script is nearly done.

Mark Wahlberg has made a few poor movie choices in his career, and he's learned to verify that a script is satisfactory before he appears in a film. Wahlberg intends to make sure that The Brazilian Job – the follow-up to the successful heist flick The Italian Job, is a film worth making and worth seeing.

"It's all about the script. ... I'm only making movies now that I want to see, or that I think that people want to see me in," Wahlberg told MTV. "A lot of people really liked [The Italian Job], and a lot of movie sequels don't live up to the original, so we want to make it as good, or better."

"Charlize [Theron] and everybody is in, so we're just waiting for the right script. Hopefully, I think, probably around summertime we're gonna film it."

Writer David Twohy confirmed this timeframe for the film to a Mark Wahlberg fansite. "I'm just doing final tweaks on the script now. But the producers and Paramount want to start production in late spring. That would allow us to release The Brazilian Job in the summer of 2007.

As long as the script meets with the approval of those in charge (including Wahlberg), we should see the film going forward in late spring or early summer. The picture is expected to shoot on location in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Skeleton FilmWorks