Pete and Pete DVD Pete-tition

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, April 03, 2004, 10:12:03 AM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I'm not sure if this belongs more here or in DVD Talk, but this is a petition you should sign if you liked Pete and Pete and want it on DVD.

http://www.petitiononline.com/45638/petition.html
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

tpfkabi

do you have any idea how many episodes there were?
a lot of people love this show and i think it would sell pretty decent.
i don't understand Nickelodeon's desire to just let it sit in a vault somewhere..........why not try to make some money and make people happy?

i would also love to see Are You Afraid of the Dark? and Salute Your Shorts on DVD as well...........or maybe there just needs to be another Nick station that plays all of their older stuff..........Double Dare, the Aztec Temple game show, etc
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

bonanzataz

Quote from: bigideasdo you have any idea how many episodes there were?

there weren't that many, were there?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

looks like there were 33 whole episodes over the course of 3 seasons, although if you remember before the series, there were bunch of shorts that first introduced the characters.  about 15 shorts, and 5 specials that were done without opening and closing credits originally and later re-edited to look like the series.

want to know something really weird?  i think i just had a dream like a day or two ago where i told the chick from the B-52s that she was in an episode of pete and pete.  but i dont know why i told her like she didnt know.  i think i didnt recognize her.  other guest stars on the show included  Adam West, Iggy Pop, Janeane Garofolo, Steve Buscemi, Chris Elliot, LL Cool J, Debbie Harry, Hunter S. Thompson, and Michael Stipe among others.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

GoneSavage

Adam West kicked immeasurable amounts of ass on that show.  I always loved Iggy Pop on there too.  That one girl on the show is now a kinda-star, she was on Buffy and the boxoffice smash EuroTrip.

modage

michelle trachtenberg.  who was also the star of the Nickelodeon movie Harriet the Spy with rosie o donnell.

Pedro

Bethie

Quote from: bigideasi would also love to see Are You Afraid of the Dark? and Salute Your Shorts on DVD as well...........or maybe there just needs to be another Nick station that plays all of their older stuff..........Double Dare, the Aztec Temple game show, etc

Mmmhmmm. Are You Afraid of The Dark is so legit. Salute Your Shorts also kicks ass.

I dispise Pete And Pete. That damn phone booth episode always plays over and over in my head. I curse you Pete AND Pete.
who likes movies anyway

El Duderino

oh how i love Pete and Pete, aswell as that REM song. done and done.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: El Duderinooh how i love Pete and Pete, aswell as that REM song. done and done.

..what REM song are you talking about....?......drive, e-bow the letter, or everybody hurts?.....do they have a song called pete and pete?....

tpfkabi

wasn't there an episode about Pete and RePete or something like that?

good ol mom could pick up radio stations

and the ice cream cone man.......where is he?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

El Duderino

Quote from: N the E digital O rape N
Quote from: El Duderinooh how i love Pete and Pete, aswell as that REM song. done and done.

..what REM song are you talking about....?......drive, e-bow the letter, or everybody hurts?.....do they have a song called pete and pete?....

i dont know what it is...but they played it during the opening credits
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

GoneSavage

That wasn't REM, dude.  

Stu the bus driver looks like a brother of Bruce Campbell.  "Man you're a bus driver, NOW-uh!"

Artie moving the house 2 inches so when Steve Buscemi went to put his key in the lock and he pressed the key two inches away from the lock -- glory.

modage

the band i think was Polaris and the song was "Hey Sandy".  does your dog bite?  hey sandy!
the REM song "stand" was in the opening credits for the show Get A Life which starred chris elliott who gueststarred on pete and pete.