my first screening

Started by Rudie Obias, May 10, 2003, 10:50:12 PM

Rudie Obias

ok, i just got back from cincinnati a couple of hours ago.  i had my first screening of a short film i made called LAUNDROMAT LAUNDROMAT.  first let me say how refreshing it is to take a shower.  anyway, i drove 2 hours to coulmbus last night with my friends and partners in crime.  the plan was to spend the night at my friend's apartment down there and in the morning make our way to cincy, which is a an extra 2 hour drive.  so we get to columbus and i had the shittiest night ever.  i pulled a muscle in my back from playing basketball, i forgot to pack a clean pair of boxers and all of my contact lens gear plus my glasses, i had a shitty asthma attack and i also forgot my inhaler.  i guess i was too excited about my screening to pack important shit.  so needless to say i got very little sleep.  so in the morning, we went off to cincy.  i found out that my film was playing at 2:00pm and we got there at 12:30pm.  so i watched a bunch of really cool short films.  i was really nervous at this point cuz 2:00pm was coming near.  then they played my film.  it was so fuckin' cool!  but i left after the opening credits the idea of my film on a big screen kinda made me uneasy so i went out to have a smoke.  i come back in and i see a bunch of people leaving in the middle of my film.  i dunno why but a big smile came across my face.  i was actually excited about people standing up and leaving durning my film.  the people that did stay seemed to enjoyed it.  a lot of head scracthing about the meaning of the end but that's really understandable.  but towards the end, the sound gave out for about 30 seconds then came back on.  i was really pissed about that!  then after my film played, my friends and i stayed for about 45 minutes longer then left cincy and drove back to cleveland cuz the weather was getting pretty bad.  all in all i was pretty pleased and disappointed with everything.
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Cecil

marvelous!

will we get to see this movie?

sphinx

i had a short screened once.  it was the last one, right after a million other shitty ones.  the power on all of granville island (vancouver) went out during the show.  twice.  3/4 of the audience left, and when it came to my short, the sound crapped out for the first half.  my advice is to go into your own screening expecting that the audience won't be able to see or hear anything and you won't be disappointed.

Rudie Obias

Quote from: cecil b. dementedmarvelous!

will we get to see this movie?

sure, but the thing is, the film isn't on my computer so i can't upload it anywhere and i have no money to make or send out copies to the xixax.com community.
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff