alcohol is your friend :D

Started by Tiff, April 26, 2003, 08:50:11 AM

Tiff

has anyone tried drinking alcohol to help them write? i just had half a bottle of some cheap alcoholic beverage my mom had in the fridge and it aint workin'.  :?  my eyes are trailin' too.
"Shut the fuck up!"

Ghostboy

Well, it sure helped Hemingway and Joyce and Faulkner and probably two thirds of all the great writers there are....but writing under the influence usually just makes me want to do somethign else, or possibly fall asleep.

One or two times it has worked, though...and it's been magic. Not the writing, necessarily, which the next morning proved to be exceedingly average, but just the feeling. I felt like I was firing pearls (and not in the way Bjork means when she says that on Vespertine, you sick bastards)!

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: GhostboyWell, it sure helped Hemingway

I hate Hemmingway.

Tiff

it only seems to help me with bein' stupid on forums, like startin' this thread in the first place. i also find it hard to spell when i drink  :? oh well, practise makes perfect   :-D
"Shut the fuck up!"

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Tiffit only seems to help me with bein' stupid on forums, like startin' this thread in the first place. i also find it hard to spell when i drink  :? oh well, practise makes perfect   :-D

You would feel much better if you read the drunken message board rants of Film Student and Pubrick.

Wait, you're still drunk? It's saturday morning....

Tiff

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman

You would feel much better if you read the drunken message board rants of Film Student and Pubrick.

Wait, you're still drunk? It's saturday morning....

where r the 'drunken message board rants of Film Student and Pubrick.'?
me looky and me no findy
"Shut the fuck up!"

ReelHotGames

Unless your grizzled and weathered, beaten by the forces of nature, and humanity, unless a woman has shared yoru bed and your love only to tear out your heart and trip the light fantastic with your best friend, who swore a woman would never come between you, unless you sit by the sea and dream of what might have been if only...  Then put the bottle and the pen/word processor/computer down, go lay down and sober up and get smart... When you write stuff about pilfering from mommy's liquor cabinet, it screams that the only thing you are ready to write is "what I did on my summer vacation" when you go back to middle school.

This is me being kind.
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

Cecil

alcohol also makes you a  better driver

budgie

Quote from: Tiff
where r the 'drunken message board rants of Film Student and Pubrick.'?
me looky and me no findy

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=880 is the only available right now.

Alcohol is not my friend. I'd dearly like it to be, but it hates me. :yabbse-cry:

Tiff

Quote from: budgie
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=880 is the only available right now.
quote]
buahahahahaaaaaaaa

Quote from: budgie

Alcohol is not my friend. I'd dearly like it to be, but it hates me. :yabbse-cry:
she told me ur too cold and unloving so she came to me :p I'll make sure you get her back tonight....just for a second try. be niceeeeeeee
"Shut the fuck up!"

Pubrick

Quote from: budgieAlcohol is not my friend. I'd dearly like it to be, but it hates me. :yabbse-cry:
wow, no kubrick, no booze. how do u get by?

cutting only helps so much..
under the paving stones.

sphinx

the drunken rants on the old boards surpassed any drunked rants i've ever read here.  that's not to say that you'd never be able to surpass them.  it's just that you can't.

Tiff

Quote from: michael alessandrothe only thing you are ready to write is "what I did on my summer vacation" when you go back to middle school.

This is me being kind.

it's called 'highschool', ja communista.
"Shut the fuck up!"

budgie

Quote from: P
Quote from: budgieAlcohol is not my friend. I'd dearly like it to be, but it hates me. :yabbse-cry:
wow, no kubrick, no booze. how do u get by?

Quotecutting only helps so much..

:yabbse-thumbdown:

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Tiffhas anyone tried drinking alcohol to help them write? i just had half a bottle of some cheap alcoholic beverage my mom had in the fridge and it aint workin'.  :?  my eyes are trailin' too.

Smoke some weed!  :wink: