trailer remixes

Started by 72teeth, October 04, 2005, 10:55:30 PM

The Red Vine

"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

context, context, context.

matt35mm

Quote from: cronopio on November 26, 2006, 10:00:49 AM
titanic the sequel

The best part is the couple of people in the comments section who wonder if it's real.

picolas

i love how there's NO REASON for the police/military to be hunting him but everyone goes along with it. the movie as a whole is actually a pretty good idea if you overlook the obvious awfulness. kind of like presentrama or unfrozen caveman lawyer but dramatic.

Pubrick

Quote from: cronopio on November 26, 2006, 10:00:49 AM
titanic the sequel

that was completely amazing. i couldn't believe someone had taken it somewhere new and done it so well. i even thought it had surmounted the biggest problem faced by these almost-perfect trailers.. that is, like Toy Story/Requiem, the joke invariably kills itself in the last minute. BUT then the last 15 seconds happened, with the subtitle "two the surface". that's the most stupid title i've ever heard, it's not even funny stupid, it's just shit. after so much cleverness and imagination, that's what he went with? i can't understand that.

well, anyway, that's really all it has wrong. this just shot straight to number 2 in the all time trailer charts, trailing (:ponder:) the shining which looks set to hold the top position forever and ever and ever.
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

This one doesn't really compare to that brilliant Titanic sequel, but it's still one of the better recontextualizations. Sort of the opposite of what Shining did.

polkablues

Quote from: Ghostboy on December 05, 2006, 11:54:26 PM
This one doesn't really compare to that brilliant Titanic sequel, but it's still one of the better recontextualizations. Sort of the opposite of what Shining did.

Pretty good, but not quite as good as the Sleepless-in-Seattle-as-thriller trailer from a while back.
My house, my rules, my coffee

picolas

pretty good/i agree with polka.

it lead me to . ending isn't as good as the beginning but it's fun. amazing how it really seems like the actors are aware of a studio audience at times.

Pubrick

Quote from: Ghostboy on December 05, 2006, 11:54:26 PM

that was good, short and sweet.

Quote from: picolas on December 06, 2006, 04:35:20 AM
it lead me to .
that wasn't good at all. even the beginning. the laugh track went over the dialogue and the rest of the effects made no sense and could have been done with just about anything.
under the paving stones.

picolas

the funny thing to me was how it could be done with just about anything. with the right timing. it really seemed like a sitcom.

modage

SNL just got in on the trailer recutting game with the actual Apocalypto trailer with "jew hating" subtitles.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: modage on December 09, 2006, 10:42:54 PM
SNL just got in on the trailer recutting game with the actual Apocalypto trailer with "jew hating" subtitles.
i'll take your word for it.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

It would have been funnier if MadTV hadn't done a sketch with an identical premise just half an hour earlier.
My house, my rules, my coffee

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

modage

Quote from: Pubrick on December 10, 2006, 03:24:42 AM
Quote from: modage on December 09, 2006, 10:42:54 PM
i'll take your word for it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.