bizarro movies (spoilers)

Started by pete, June 27, 2004, 02:18:26 PM

pete

I was watching George Washington again last night (thank you MacGuffin) when I realized that this film in many ways reminded me of Gummo, how Gummo was pretty much the bizarro George Washington, in which all characters are malicious and world-weary, as opposed to the folks in George Washington who were so open and sincere to one another.  I know there must be like a million movies out there that can be paired up like that.  So anyone wants to join me in a game of bizarro movies?  Just pair up any two seemingly un-linkable movie, and tell us why.  But you know, no "Die Hard" and "Under Siege" or something like that, the game wouldn't be fun that way.

In the Mood for Love :: Lost in Translation
both films are about lonely people with spouses in a distant land, who are in love with each other but do no consummate their love

Royal Tenenbaums :: Magnolia
both begin with a fast-as-lightning narrated sequence to set up the film, and both deal with dying, ailing patricarchs, regretful of the treatments of the their kids, and they both kick the bucket in the end

would someone play with me.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

shinwa

Matrix Reloaded & Blade 2

Both feature villians who are an advanced version   of the baddies from the first movies. Both villians suffer with displacency/abandoment issues and  do their worst work by "cloning" themselves again and again. Both heroes  have a heavy fear of losing their love interests.
Run until you puke blood.
Practice until you piss blood.
- Ping Pong

MrBurgerKing

Wendys Spicy Chicken Sandwich and Burger King Angus Beef Cheeseburger, both are delicious. Tell me though, why is it disturbing in my eyes to have a chicken & beef burger (meaning chicken and beef in between the patty), I want to throw up just thinking of that.