Desired Sequels

Started by Banky, June 29, 2003, 05:38:51 PM

Banky

I was curious what movies some people would like to see sequels of.  Here are some of mine.

Mallrats
Waynes World 2
Meet The Parents (i think is in production)
Scream 3

these are just off the top of my head

MacGuffin

I was always curious what John Hughes would have done with the characters years later in the rumored "Breakfast Club" sequel.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

The only one I agree with you on, Banky, is Meet The Parents. Which is good since it's going into production.

I always wanted to see the sequel to Grosse Point Blank that Cusack mentions now and then, where Martin Blank finds god.

Also, I thought City Of God was so fascinating and such a big story that I'd like to see it continue on into another film.

Banky

I heard that Crowe had interest in doing a sequel to Say Anything.  I think that would be great to see since Crowe has matured as a filmmaker so much since 1989.

Xixax

Office Space
American Movie (featuring the New Adventures of Mark and Mike)
Birthday Suit
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

sphinx

the fifth element

a sequel temporarily titled 'mr. shadow' was in the works for a few years, but studios got scared.

modage

sequels are such a tricky business.  sometimes, if there truly is more world to expand on, and more story to be told, then good.  like indiana jones, like more adventures like serials.  works.  umm, batman, or something like a comic, different adventures, works.  umm, aliens, expanding on the universe. showing you things you didnt know existed just being its own movie.  boy does t3 look crappy or what?  hmm...this all seems familiar.... when they made it 12 years ago?!?! it was called t2.  explain to me one other difference other than this ones a chick (and she gets nekid).    too many movies just work so well as they are, i wouldnt want to fuck them up.  but anyways to get back to your question....

BATMAN (actually a prequel, YEAR ONE would be nice)
THE BIG LEBOWSKI (i really believe there are more adventures here)
OCEANS 11 (how fun was that movie? even if not a sequel, then something with that cast.  just like the rat pack making a ton of flicks together).

thats all i can think of for now.  for some sequel mishaps, see my other thread THE SEQUELS THAT TIME FORGOT, that at one point, probably seemed like a good idea.
http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=1857
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

would anybody else like to see a third ghostbusters film besides me?

Sleuth

I would have, but after all of this time, eward, I just don't know.  I feel so hopeless to the point that if it does get made, I'd be annoyed
I like to hug dogs

Alethia

ohhhh but just imagine the feeling youd get when you first saw the teaser at ur local multiplex!

Gold Trumpet

I really don't care for sequels much on more serious movies, and that includes the Godfather movies which dropped rank imo after the first in a major way. Its just with those movies you get the usual repitition of themes and worst, of story. It always feels like an extension of the first without being its own movie. Great entertainment movies are a lot of fun though to see made sequel because talent is sorely lacking in making these movies imo. But for lists sake:

Spy Kids (Imaginative, and yes, smart fun. can't wait for the third)
Terminator (proves the special effects in the second are better than anything doing now and any movie that operates at least 80% this way is a good thing)
Harry Potter (based off books and available for story sources in great ways and is making such big money and is known for quality so keeping the later films good is not just a minor hope given the fans of the series expect a lot)

~rougerum

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: The Gold Trumpetthat includes the Godfather movies which dropped rank imo after the first in a major way.

Godfather II is my favorite... (even endures better than the first, I think)...

Anyway, The Blair Witch Project. Please.

Gold Trumpet

The Godfather sets up known facts of the characters that Godfather Part 2 does little in extending. The tradegy that Michael is forced to kill his own brother hits the same way the first movie ends, and that is of showing that Michael has transformed into a new person. From Mikey to the Godfather. The story of Vito's life portrayed by De Niro also revisits the fact he was a level headed and compromising Godfather while able to vicious when he needed to. There really is just little more in this movie that isn't summed up in beautiful time and character development like in the first one. Given the popularity of the first one, this movie seems like an act of extending life with the family because it is so enthralling for so many people. It's just not its own work at all.

~rougerum

RegularKarate

Why has no one let Banky know that his wish list has already been partially taken care of?

There is already a Scream 3 and a Waynes World 2.

and it's good that they stopped there, believe me.

Yeah... I rarely wish for sequels unless it's just mindless action, then bring it on.

Wouldn't mind a South Park sequel.

Banky

Quote from: RegularKarateWhy has no one let Banky know that his wish list has already been partially taken care of?

There is already a Scream 3 and a Waynes World 2.

and it's good that they stopped there, believe me.

Yeah... I rarely wish for sequels unless it's just mindless action, then bring it on.

Wouldn't mind a South Park sequel.

comon man give me a little credit go read my question before you try and make me look stupid