VANILLA SKY QUESTION...

Started by finlayr, April 27, 2003, 05:48:57 PM

cowboykurtis

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat
Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Pedro the Wombatmay i be damned to movie hell for all eternity.

Better repent. In movie hell you are forced to watch Madonna movies over and over again.
Ewww....icky...

you're going to hell for using the word ICKY.
...your excuses are your own...

ProgWRX

why'd you quote me though? im a HUGE fan of his...  :?   (it should be obvious by my avatar and signature)
-Carlos

phil marlowe

Quote from: ProgWRXwhy'd you quote me though? im a HUGE fan of his...  :?   (it should be obvious by my avatar and signature)
the cowboy doesnt believe you.

anyway, i see crowe as a pretty good filmmaker who makes good warm movies wich are pretty entertaining but in no way obsessive. he just have to keep his mind on something simple and stop making vanilla sky'ish movies.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: cowboykurtis
Quote from: ProgWRXbeautiful song  :-D

why do you hate cameron crowe so much -- theres no reason to be an asshole about it. if you hate him, keep it to yourself.

I have the idea that people think I "hate" him. But I really don't! I'm absolutely mas about Jerry Maguire and Almost Famous. I just don't like Vanilla Sky  :-D

cowboykurtis

Quote from: ProgWRXwhy'd you quote me though? im a HUGE fan of his...  :?   (it should be obvious by my avatar and signature)

you just seem like you hated him -- based on your avatar -- you must really despise him

ProgWRX

Quote from: cowboykurtis

you just seem like you hated him -- based on your avatar -- you must really despise him

because i used an image that has to do with a sequence in a movie of his that i really enjoy?  :roll:   :?   :?:
-Carlos

Sleuth

Sarcasm, dude, sarcasm.

CK, I thought it was funny
I like to hug dogs

ProgWRX

sorry about that, in my line of work i need to turn my sarcasm meter off for extended periods of time  :oops:
-Carlos

cowboykurtis

Quote from: tremoloslothSarcasm, dude, sarcasm.

CK, I thought it was funny

thank you, for understanding me.

finlayr

For you people who don't like Vanillia Sky:

I wasn't quiet sure what to make of it when I saw it.  But,PLEASE, trust me--it's a GREAT film--just take one more CLOSE look at it without any distractions.  What a movie...made me think about it for MORE than 15 minutes (re: the quote Crowe makes in the commentary about what Billy Wilder once said about his goal in making movies--which is to have some people talk a minumum of 15 mins about some movie he might make).

Crowe is SUCH a gifted filmmaker.  You CAN'T have the opposite opinion because...you can't!!!
Filmmaker

ProgWRX

meh.. people have different tastes, what moves me, might as well not move someone else, and the same thing that moves someone else might not move me.. no biggie  :wink:
-Carlos

cowboykurtis

Quote from: ProgWRXmeh.. people have different tastes, what moves me, might as well not move someone else, and the same thing that moves someone else might not move me.. no biggie  :wink:

did you see that small article in the new rolling stone? they showed some stills with cameron crowe when he was doing music jounalism as a teenager. thought you'd enjoy it -- check it out, if you get a chance.

finlayr

Filmmaker

ProgWRX

is it online? i dont really receive rolling stone  :oops:   :-D  thanks for the head's up though, ill probably go check it out @ borders
-Carlos

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks