My Local Film Festival is not big enuff to have its own thread

Started by Weird. Oh, April 01, 2004, 01:25:57 AM

RegularKarate

Quote from: Pubrick on August 03, 2006, 08:54:13 AM
. brazil is overrated.

You should have shared this information when you were first interviewed for your position.... BANNED!!!

matt35mm

A theater here does an annual Midnight Movie Marathon, screening 5 movies from midnight to 10am.  I'm posting about it here because it feels like a film festival.  This year was mostly new movies that have not yet screened here in Santa Cruz, also mostly with a horror theme.  They keep the titles secret until they play, so that was fun.  This is what they played.  I don't feel like writing much about the movies as of now so I'll just give my feeling about them in grade form, even though some of you don't like grades.  It's just all I can muster right now, plus I know these grades will stick as opposed to the jibberish I might end up writing about it.

1. Severance (B)
2. Sympathy for Lady Vengence (B+)
3. Feast  (B-)
4. Renaissance (C-)
5. Evil Aliens (D)

The overall quality of the movies unfortunately were just so so, but staying up and ruining all sense of time for your body clock is fun every once in a while.

Renaissance was pretty fucking disappointing though.  Hard to sit through, especially at 6:30 in the morning.  Instead of a secret title for the third film, an optional non-gory film (that Bobcat Goldthwait beastiality movie) was offered in another screening room, but I chose to stay for the secret movie, which turned out to be Feast.

Evil Aliens was not enjoyable at all for me, so it was difficult to sit through as a last movie, and a sour note to end on.

STILL, I'd do it again.  It was surprisingly easy to stay up, even though I feel like shit now.

There's no reason for any of you to be interested in any of this information but I felt like posting about it anyway, as it was, at least, an experience.

Reinhold

The United States Military is having its own homemade Film Festival.

GI Film Festival: Honoring the successes and sacrifices of American soldiers, and the values of liberty and democracy!

Featuring Ernest Borgnine! Judged by Chuck Norris! Now accepting Entries!
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.