contour

Started by pete, February 14, 2006, 05:30:59 PM

pete

just hyping up my friend's movie that I helped out in.  It was shot in San Fran over the course of nearly a year, titled, Contour, about a con artist/ tour guide cooking up a giant scheme involving a cheese tycoon and ransom money.  It's a chopsocky movie with crazy fights, but when they're not fighting the movie is still amusing.  My friend is proud of it and so am I.  He's working on distribution and things right now, and I think you should check it out when it finally comes out on DVD.

trailer
youtube trailer

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

w/o horse

I'm still amazed that there are people doing action films on their own.  This trailer had my blood pumping, limitations of personal filmmaking aside.  Why aren't these people my friends?

What was it shot on?
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

modage

yeah the fights look pretty amazing in that.  and there looks to be A LOT of them.  the last line is also pretty great.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

squints

the fights look really good and it looks to be pretty funny... :yabbse-thumbup:
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

pete

this was shot on two dvx100s mostly.  It was the type of movie you could only make with a low-budget.  My buddy Eric got the permission to use this Chinese medicine warehouse for free so he started designing fights fully utilizing the warehouse.  Everyone had second and third jobs, and everyday they'd go in for a few hours to shoot maybe 20 seconds of fights, then edit things together and improvise action from there the next day.  They had a really good handheld guy and they did three sequences that were in very long, choreographed, 30-second-long tracking shots.  Everyone had to play thug number two three and four by wearing different clothes and customes at different scenes.  But Eric worked long and hard, and that was where I helped the most, in making sure that the fights would look different and mix things up so it wouldn't be too boring.  The climatic fight ended up being 17 minutes long.  They had some killer reaction falls in this movie, from pretty high places, onto pretty hard surfaces.
- Buster Keaton

pete

all of you in the bay area, come to our screening this friday night!
www.contourmovie.com for details.  I'll be there too, meeting live human beings for the first time.
- Buster Keaton

pete

some clips
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeTlhnZXLzo.
- Buster Keaton

squints

We JUST got this movie in our video store. I'm hyped.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

pete

you can see me dancing in the blooper reel.

DVD comes out today.
- Buster Keaton