NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Kal

Kal

if anybody here cares about soccer games or online games to play on facebook with friends...

check out my new game :)

http://bit.ly/81EFT1

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

So, I'll be calling PS3 customer support tomorrow, but does anyone recognize these symptoms:

My PSN ID password won't be accepted, nor will my roommate's.  When either of us try to do the "Forgot My Password" thing, it asks for birthday, and when either of us try to fill that out, it says that the information isn't valid, which we know our passwords were right, but on top of that, our birthdays aren't accepted.

Now I just noticed that it displays the time as 6:30 and it reads as being December 31st, neither of which are true.  Unless anyone can point out to me something I can do to fix this, I'm not sure what to make of it.  Has my PS3 been hacked?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

Sounds like PSN network is having a problem. It's all over the dorky forums I frequent.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

Quote from: // w ø l r å s on February 28, 2010, 11:30:20 PM
Now I just noticed that it displays the time as 6:30 and it reads as being December 31st, neither of which are true.

if you go into the settings/date and time, youll see the date was set to December 31st, 1999. y2k like.

im getting that trophy error message when attempting to gameplay. good thing i scarcely use it for gameplay, i wont go nuts w/out it for however long like the diehard dorkies.

polkablues

Same story with mine.  Apparently the newer "slim" PS3s are unaffected; only the older models are going through this.  Supposedly if you open up the system, then remove and replace the battery on the motherboard, it'll reset the internal clock and everything will work fine again, at least until some day down the line when the same glitch occurs. I'm still waiting on an official fix from Sony, which will probably come in the form of a patch you'll have to download on your computer and apply via a USB stick.
My house, my rules, my coffee

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I'm not a diehard gamer, but this is pretty fucking stupid.  Wow, NEW PS3's aren't affected, but somehow simultaneously a bunch of the older ones are.  All I have to do is attempt to void my warranty until Sony gets around to fixing it.

PROGRAMMED OBSOLESCENCE.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

polkablues

Mine is back to life.  Got home from work, turned it on, saw that the date was now set to April 28th, 2020 (when the glitch first occurred, it had set itself to 12/31/99).  I selected "Set via Internet", it changed to the correct date and time, and everything's keen.  No adverse effects, no lost data.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Fucking wonderful.  My clock is set back (to February 28th, though the time read properly), but it still won't accept my fucking log-in and won't allow me to retrieve my password.

I'll just give it a little more time, I suppose.

EDIT: Oops.

Quote from: some news article on the matterAs you can see some of the errors surround various bits of data, and the side effects of them could lead to corrupted files. As of now no one really knows what the fix will do and what will happen if you did power on your PS3 and now have corrupt data on your hard drive.

Apparently shit got fucked up because of Feburary not launching into leap year mode or something.  What the fuck, you'd think by now programmers would figure this shit out.

Stefen

Who's playing Final Fantasy XIII?

My preorder arrived today and I'll probably start tomorrow night.

See you guys in 3 weeks.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Stefen

It's a busy gaming month in May. For 360, I'll be getting UFC Undisputed 2010 if anyone wants to play. I'll also be getting a Red Dead Redemption. We should form a xixax posse and pwn the wild west. I'll probably end up getting Alan Wake as well.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Stefen on May 05, 2010, 07:44:58 PM
It's a busy gaming month in May. For 360, I'll be getting UFC Undisputed 2010 if anyone wants to play. I'll also be getting a Red Dead Redemption. We should form a xixax posse and pwn the wild west. I'll probably end up getting Alan Wake as well.

I'm getting Red Dead for the 360 and would be down for pwning.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Stefen

Stefen

Who's playing Red Dead Redemption? This game is awesome.

polkablues