NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Stefen

The second game I'm probably most looking forward to (after Final Fantasy XIII) is Red Dead Redemption. GTA in the wild west? Yes, please.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I'm mostly pumped about Street Fight 4 Turbo (sole reason I held back on SF4).  Red Dead Redemption had better be what Red Dead Revolver pretened to be.  At least better than Gun... jesus christ. 

On another note, I'm likely to get the Fallout 3 expansion Broken Steel because of the advancement of level cap and other things, but are the other expansions as worth it?  Or are they worth it if you're almost done with the game and just want to go to Alaska or space?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: w a  l   r    u     s on January 15, 2010, 11:24:37 PM
On another note, I'm likely to get the Fallout 3 expansion Broken Steel because of the advancement of level cap and other things, but are the other expansions as worth it?  Or are they worth it if you're almost done with the game and just want to go to Alaska or space?

yo.  broken steel is a must.  after that - go with POINT LOOKOUT - its very deep, involved, long, and well worth ur money.

NEON MERCURY's TOP 10 MOST ANTICIPATED GAMES OF 2010 - in order of "expected" release

JAN:

FEB:

MAR:

APR:

JUN:

DEC:

subject 2 change

Stefen

Can't wait for Alan Wake.

I'll be buying a PS3 for White Knight Chronicles and Heavy Rain.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

Can i get a rundown of who is on the PS3 network and wants to get their asses handed to them at either NBA 2k10 or Modern warfare 2?

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

squints

is anyone playing heavy rain? holy bejeezus this shit is crazy.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

polkablues

I can't buy the game until after this week, but I've played the demo at least four times.  I'm pre-hooked.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Gold Trumpet

MLB The Show 2010 gets released this week. If I didn't have two papers to write, I would be writing off my friends, family and obligations for a week. Instead I'll have to stare at the game and not play it and start imaging Stephen King fear scenarios where my not playing it will actually do great harm to me.

Kal

Quote from: Stefen on February 12, 2010, 01:05:21 PM
NBA 2K10 is the bomb.

wanna play sometime? i always see you online but didnt know you played this

Pas

Well, Bioshock 2 was a major letdown. I've finished it just in time for Heavy Rain.

I'm not quite sure about this game yet. Is it even a game??? Feels a bit like a 60$ film. People say it's an 8 hour movie, but sorry in a movie you don't see the characters slowly walking from the room to the shower for 5 minutes. There's not more than 2-3 hours of real ''story'' going on there, the lenght of a film. I'm intrigued by the story though. I don't dislike it but I'm not sold yet.

Stefen

squints

Quote from: Pas Rap on February 25, 2010, 02:24:00 PM
Well, Bioshock 2 was a major letdown. I've finished it just in time for Heavy Rain.

I'm not quite sure about this game yet. Is it even a game??? Feels a bit like a 60$ film. People say it's an 8 hour movie, but sorry in a movie you don't see the characters slowly walking from the room to the shower for 5 minutes. There's not more than 2-3 hours of real ''story'' going on there, the lenght of a film. I'm intrigued by the story though. I don't dislike it but I'm not sold yet.

You're talking about heavy rain? It is more like a film than your typical video game but....

Wait til you have to make some serious decisions, the main character who you see all happy in the beginning (Ethan) starts to unravel and go bat shit insane.

SPOILS:

IN the past hour i've had to decide whether to cut my finger off with a)rusty pair of scissors, b) an ax, c) a butcher knife....

Pas

Woah you are right squints it starts very slow but the action is definitely
picking up now

squints

Quote from: kal on February 25, 2010, 02:26:28 AM
Quote from: Stefen on February 12, 2010, 01:05:21 PM
NBA 2K10 is the bomb.

wanna play sometime? i always see you online but didnt know you played this

Kal are you playin this on xbox or ps3?