NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Stefen

If you wanna score kudos with your co-workers then say, "You know, Infamous is sitting pretty at 87.87% over at Gamerankings. Not too shabby."

You'll be the man. The fucking man.

http://www.gamerankings.com/
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

You can always download the demo and try it for yourself.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pas

The demo is awesome, imagine somekind of mix between GTA4 and Bioshock. Wow no reviewer said that but it's definitely what is is

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: squints on May 29, 2009, 04:33:41 PM
currently playing NBA Live '96.

represent.

I was always more of an NBA Jam man, myself.

Probably because growing up, I preferred the following game over actual basketball fundamentals:

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

polkablues

I was always a Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball fan, myself.
My house, my rules, my coffee

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Has anyone played Fight Night Round 4 yet?

I enjoyed Round 2, got hooked ( NO PUN INTENDED  :rofl: ) on Round 3 because it solved a lot of my problems with 2, but holy hell Round 4 looks amazing.

Though I've only seen videos on their website, which can be misleading since they're trying to sell products.  Someone with a strong opinion, please weigh in ( I'M ALL OVER THESE TODAY!!!)  on Round 4.

Stefen

I hear it's fucking awesome. I've been broke lately so I haven't been able to get it but everything I hear is it's awesome. I played the demo and hated it but I guess the retail version is different.

I'm still playing UFC Undisputed. Once you get the moves down and learn how to counter it gets awesome. My online record is now something like 280-210. I'm a level 70.

I'm still playing Fallout 3. It has become my favorite game of all-time. I've put in over 200 hours. I haven't even touched any of the DLC. I'm going to wait until October when they release the Game Of The Year edition that includes all the DLC's they've released since it's original release. Best. Game. Ever.

Also I popped in Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time this week just for shits and giggles. Wind Waker looks better than Wii games and holds up quite well. OoT? Not so much.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

I had a lot of fun with wind waker til i was supposed to find all this shit that i couldn't find so i quit...oh well

fight night 4 is really fun. awesome to play with some friends. however, not so realistic...boxers don't throw 200-300 punches in one round. it looks absolutely amazing. especially in hd.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

NEON MERCURY

Pas

oh yeah ! UFC undisputed online match summary

Pierre-Benoît Gauthier (me) vs Anderson Silva

Pre match comment : Well, a created fighter with a 65 overall but 99 points in standing kicks and 90 strength vs the Anderson Silva. What can be said. Only viable strategy : keep the guard up and unleash high kicks when I see an opportunity. I have good takedown defense and awesome (80) submission defense. My sub skill is 60 and my takedown skill is 50. I have no clinch or grapling skills to speak of.

Round 1 : Pretty respectful, I manage to get 2-3 high kicks in and a couple of really good punches. He gets me in the clinch for a while and lands devastating knees. I lose about a third of my stamina, he loses about a fifth.

Round 2: I get my ass handed to me, I get rocked FOUR times and miraculously manage to stay alive. In the end of the round I land some real good punches and a high kick but I definitely lose this round 10-7

Round 3: Silva, in his usual real life way, is pretty loose on the ring and uses the step move instead of the normal block. My guy is 6'5 so I have amazing range. I land a lot of high kicks. But then, BAM! Flying knee! Fuck I'm down and out I can't control nothing. He jumps and me and unleash hands. By the grace of god I survive !!! My stamina is almost out though. He gets the mount, I manage to get out but give him my back. He goes for the choke. I'm dead....NO!!! I GET OUT OF IT !!! Oh my god !!! I have no stamina left so there is only ONE explanation: my button mashing is leagues ahead of his. I go straight for the kimura in side-control and BAM he taps!!!

Me, a simple level 6 with a created fighter, beat a level 15 guy with a lot of wins and Anderson Silva. I rock.

PS : My real life Muay thai classes are hard as fuck.

Stefen

^haha awesome. I'm a level 88. Record of 467-228. Too bad you don't have a 360. We could have some epic wars. I still play the shit out of this game.

Pas

Quote from: Stefen on August 22, 2009, 05:25:58 AM
^haha awesome. I'm a level 88. Record of 467-228. Too bad you don't have a 360. We could have some epic wars. I still play the shit out of this game.

god, those are big numbers!

I still like this game too after all! But I'm really sick and tired of the menus tho

Reinhold

Anyone else have Sim City for the iPhone? it's surprisingly addictive.

My PS3 is currently boxed up and sitting at a family member's house because I don't have room/money for a TV in my apartment.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

squints

who's playin' modern warfare 2? in other words..who wants some?

so the murdering innocents level was awesome...
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche