NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

cinemanarchist

Gonna be TERRIBLE. Not being able to do true fatalities is the first mistake. If I want to rip out Batman's liver through his asshole, I should damn well be allowed to. Total cash-in.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Kal

So after my comeback to XBOX 360 I gave a rest to GTAIV (got killed 4 times in the strip club killing mission and gave up for a few days) and I went to play NBA 2k8, BUT I started playing online. So much fun when the person you are playing against plays a fair game and is not a jackass.

Anybody here plays online? Let me know. NBA 2K8 rocks.

Stefen

I used to play NBA 2K8 online, but then I changed my game speed to 100, and online it's set to 50 and online sucks now.

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Raikus

The WiiWare titles launched the other day. All the talk is on the Final Fantasy builder, but check out Lost Winds. It's only $10 and it's a whole lot of fun. Very pretty game too.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

cinemanarchist

Lost Winds is pretty fantastic. It's amazing what they can fit into 48mb or something ridiculous like that. The Wii needs to get a hard drive very soon.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Walrus on May 12, 2008, 03:55:08 PM
http://worldscollide.com/

Look, I'm going to be completely honest.

This could be amazing or the biggest flop on the planet.

You heard it here first.

Or maybe somewhere else, either way, you know at least a small portion of you is giddy inside.

Sweet Jesus! Although that fight looked pretty lame, to me. Falling through the sky while ppunching definitely the worst part of it. I'm sure this footage is really early, though.

Anybody still playing their DS? Lot of good games have been coming out in the last couple months.

The World Ends With You (shitty title, shitty writing, pretty fun gameplay)
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (I hear it's short but I don't care because combat's mega-fun
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (Phoenix Wright's still a main character and perhaps more bad-ass than ever  :yabbse-thumbup:)
Professor Layton (nice music and art design really make this enjoyable, puzzles get pretty tough)

Not as recent but Zelda: Phantom Hourglass was amazing. Also Contra 4.
Get off your asses playing consoles and sit it back down with a DS, people.

cinemanarchist

With the new Nintendo Channel on the Wii you can download demos directly to your DS. I checked out Ninja Gaiden and it was fun but I could already feel it getting insanely difficult and repetitive. It would be nice if you could save the demos but they are only there until you turn off your DS.

NEON MERCURY

sorry guys, i got a new job and my hours have drastically changed from what i was use to.  i promise to keep some form of activity on this board...for better or worse.  right now all i'm about is videogames but i'm sure that will change, once more films that peak my interests are released. 

but anyways,  i wanted to offer a review:

good:

[]excellent presentation and production values (graphics, soundtrack, voice work)[]
[]extremely detailed environments, so much to explore, and to admire the architecture in every way[]
[]clever story, w/an interesting past and present parallel[]
[]fun combat mechanic, very intuitive[]

bad:

[]boring and repetitious gameplay[]
[]flag collecting a waste of time on the PS3[]
[]slightly irresponsive controls[]
[]shitty A.I.[]

neon's egg factor:

[]the developer/publisher must have balls to make an ending like this to a game w/this being an original IP[]

bottom line:  7.5/10

[]rent or buy used, don't pay the full $60   

Stefen

I think Assasin's Creed is down to $30 now new. I may pick it up. I heard it's really pretty. Like your mom.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Stefen on May 14, 2008, 04:34:41 PM
I think Assasin's Creed is down to $30 now new. I may pick it up. I heard it's really pretty. Like your mom.

:oops:

good:

[]original take on the first person shooter, think portal+doom=prey[]
[]very nice presentation, for an older 360 game, the gaphics hold up very well[]
[]smooth/fast pacing, w/very addicting gameplay[]
[]easy achievements to earn[]
[]challenging A.I.[]
[]unique weapon designs, note: "designs" but not type of weapon[]

bad:

[]cliched story[]
[]not that great of a soundtrack to the game, as well as bad voiceover, well in all truths the audio is all around sub-par[]

egg factor:

[]"purgatory" death/revival makes this game easy and fun[]

bottom line:  8.5/10

[]this is well worth finding used, highly recommended[]

Stefen

Neon, what's your gamertag? Mine is SRome. You should add me.

Stefen

gta iv is one of the most ambitious things man has produced on multimedia. i don't think there's many people refuting that. but the variety of the missions is kind of limited. there's a few points in the game when your mission is either going apeshit on a hundred cops or going apeshit on a hundred thugs. i imagine the mission packs will be more original. what i find amazing about the experience is that the game is very inviting to exploration, and that only happens in astute games. very few games interrupt your gameplay with its design. just by walking in star junction you'll find like 5 different things to do. the amount of work that went on that game is not on any level of determination that we're accustomed with.  there shouldn't be a new gta game for a while.
i don't know, this game came on a bittersweet time for me cos i was supposed to move to nyc with my family in january but fucking shit happened and now i only have gta iv to satisfy my desire for habitating that city. a modest palliative.
context, context, context.

Stefen

GTA IV, while being the greatest game ever made, does feel kind of tiny. I popped in GTA III last night and It felt very limited, the same way GTA IV does. This isn't a bad thing per se, it's actually a good thing if you look at Vice City and San Andreas. Both of those got ALOT bigger, and I can imagine the sequels to GTA IV doing the same. I don't think there are more than 15 vehicles in GTA IV.

The sequels are going to be amazing. Everything is there already, it just needs to be tweaked and expanded.

Kal