NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Chest Rockwell

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Chest Rockwell

I dunno if anybody else has been paying attention to BioShock, but here's the first glimpse of video footage from it (that I've seen anyway). 14-minute-long video. Looks spectacular.
http://pc.ign.com/articles/733/733635p1.html

context, context, context.

GodDamnImDaMan

Well guys last year I was lucky enough to score a xbox 360 by camping out. This year I'm doing it again for the PS3. Only thing is it's gonna be even harder to land. You guys think I should line up 2 nights before the actual launch? For godsakes people starting camping out at 9am the day before!!!!
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Chest Rockwell

If I were you I'd skip the whole camping out part, as well as the whole getting a PS3 part.

Raikus

WoW will be featured on this Wendnesday's South Park.

Speaking of which, anyone want to buy a dwarf rogue?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Chest Rockwell

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Raikus on October 02, 2006, 04:19:51 PM
Speaking of which, anyone want to buy a dwarf rogue?

I'm assuming you got bored raiding with your rogue. Same here, and very quickly. I have a 60 priest and mage now, both of which are insanely fun. (But I only raid two or three times a week.)

Why not keep your rogue, respec subtlety, and camp Sunrock Retreat and Lost Rigger Cove?

Raikus

I barely play anymore really. With the new kid, and work and all that I just don't have the time I used to. Plus, with all the needless nerfs and bugs I'm just tired of the game. I have more fun playing my 20's and 30's level characters that I do my 60. And nothing looks exciting about the expansion. Leveling up 10 more levels at that time it takes to go from 40-60? No thanks. Not to mention everything you worked hard to get out of the end-game instances are now worthless. It's just a big spit in the face.

But I did enjoy South Park last night.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Jeremy Blackman

I've spent most of my recent WoW time leveling the classes that I really enjoy with friends instead of raiding with my rogue (which I don't enjoy) for gear that will soon be obsolete. Being in a half-hardcore raiding guild (which broke up, like so many guilds do, because of its halfness) and being pushed to raid with my rogue really turned me off from raiding for a while and made me realize that the game should be played for fun, not for loot or prestige. I've seen a lot of people in recent months stop raiding (and quit their hardcore raiding guilds) to level alts and/or get them rank 11. Rank 8 and AV exalted is enough for me, though (especially because it's all I really have time for).

Here's a link to the South Park episode for anyone who's interested:

http://www.southparkx.net/episodes/1008-make-love-not-warcraft

Chest Rockwell

haha, the South Park episode was hilarious. Except it didn't make sense. Your character never permanently dies. Also, the armor of the 1337 characters wasn't nearly as impressive as they should be. Also, there's no scorpion-summoning spell that I remember.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Chest Rockwell

I don't know what point that might be, but my observations weren't complaints.