Scariest Movie?

Started by aurora, March 10, 2003, 03:27:40 AM

Keener

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is one of my favorite movies. It's not scary...it's disturbing. The movie was great and really effective to me. The remake comming out later this year is gonna be pathetic, I fear.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

Mesh

MacGuffin

Quote from: GhostboyThe original 'Alien' is getting re-released to theaters this Halloween. Exciting!

FilmJerk has learned that the October 3 re-release of Ridley Scott's Alien will include restored scenes

FilmJerk.com has learned, through contacts within Fox Films, that the film will be getting most, if not all, of the cut footage restored back into the narrative. Final details are still being worked out, but our source tells us the film's soundtrack will also be remastered to take advantage of today's digital cinema sound formats, and will be positioned as a major fall release, to play on over 2,000 screens.

The site goes on to report that if this re-release is successful, you can expect James Cameron's Aliens to get the same treatment next Spring.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

godardian

Quote from: Mesh

THREAD OVER

Yep. That's pretty much the most viscerally scary movie ever. That and (for me, and I know this is a personal thing) 2001. For reasons mentioned in that "fears" thread.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

NEON MERCURY

exorcist
event horizon
and actually, the mothman prophecies scard the sh*t out of me  :|

SiliasRuby

All three of these gave me nightmares for weeks on end.
The Exorcist
Eraserhead
and Strangely enough a little known film with Gary Sinise and Danny DeVito scared the living Shit out of me when I first opened into theatres...it is called
Jack The Bear...
I have No idea WHY it scared me, it just did. I was about 9 when I saw it and I think it includes a scene with danny devito's character is on excessive amounts of alcohal and drunkeness scared me when I was a little kid.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

diggler

as far as the exorcist goes, there really is no equal.

i really like "deliverance" though. not really a horror film, but some of the images are unforgettably creepy.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty