Revolutions or Return of the King?

Started by Banky, September 18, 2003, 09:56:11 PM

ono

Hidden option three.  Just let me die already.  :-D

Redlum

El retorno del Ray

No doubt. I'm just not as excited by the Revolutions. Which is strange cause I've read the books and know whats going to happen in LOTR.
Having said that I didn't like the second as much. Couldn't specifically fault it in anyway though.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

oakmanc234

'Return of the mother fucking King'. Definately. I base that on how brilliant the first 2 'Rings' flicks were, the promise that this one is better than those two put together and how under-whelmed I was by 'Reloaded'. Don't get me wrong, I loved 'Reloaded', but it felt like an empty experience, great eye candy but no real depth (ala the first one). It felt like a 2 hour action scene, whereas 'Two Towers' felt like a full masterpiece itself.

At least thats what I think.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

phil marlowe

i'm a huge tolkin fan so return of the king for me no doubt, but then again i haven't seen reloaded yet.

edison

I'm going to say Revolutions, though I want to see both equally, the reason is because with RotK i sorta know how it's going to end already, though i havent read the final book, but with Revolutions i feel that it's necessary to finish what was started and to find out what in the crazy turn of events is going to happen to neo and crew. and oakmanc, the reason i feel like you think its a 2 hours action scene is because i feel that its only half of one film, so i feel that reloaded/revolutions is one film broken up.

Find Your Magali

Quote from: EEz28the reason is because with RotK i sorta know how it's going to end already, though i havent read the final book

If you haven't read the final book and think you know how the final book ends, prepared to be very surprised and deeply moved. You have no idea what you're in store for. And, I suppose, that means I envy you.

Derek

I have to go with ROTK. I fell asleep during both Matrixes. In the theater.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Banky

Quote from: EEz28and oakmanc, the reason i feel like you think its a 2 hours action scene is because i feel that its only half of one film, so i feel that reloaded/revolutions is one film broken up.

thats what i always tell people while defending Reloaded.  You know Reloaded made like 270 mil us.  That is with mediocer reviews and pretty bad word of mouth.   If there had been good word of mouth i think Reloaded would have been the highest grossing movie of all time.

Also everyones always saying that Nemo was the highest grossing film of the summer but i bet if you added the IMAX reloaded money it would surpass Nemo.  DOes anyone know where you can find IMAX box office results?

MacGuffin

Quote from: oakmanc234I loved 'Reloaded', but it felt like an empty experience, great eye candy but no real depth (ala the first one). It felt like a 2 hour action scene.

So the scenes with Neo and the Councillor, Neo and The Oracle, the Merovingian scene, Persephone's kiss and the Architect had no depth?

Quote from: BankyAlso everyones always saying that Nemo was the highest grossing film of the summer but i bet if you added the IMAX reloaded money it would surpass Nemo.  DOes anyone know where you can find IMAX box office results?

It is added into the regular box office reports. Also "Pirates/Carribean" has passed "Reloaded" to take the number two spot.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

Quote from: MacGuffinIt is added into the regular box office reports.

thats hard to believe.  IMAX stays packed with poeple even now to see Reloaded and Reloaded's box office has not gained substaintally at all.

modage

thats because there arent THAT many IMAX theatres.  not compared to the amount of thousands of regular screens a movie can open on.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pas

I go with Revolutions. Mainly cause I read Lord of the Rings, and cause I find that the LOTR movies have pretty much no depth. The main complaints about Matrix Reloaded I think is : "It's just actions sequences glued together"... that should belong to that thread "Most stupid thing you ever heard someone say about a movie". The Matrix has much more storyline and philosophical depth than the LOTR MOVIES. I am not talking about the books here.

Anyway, Revolutions.

Raikus

ROTK. I saw the Revolutions trailer last night for the first time and I noticed something very foriegn when I watched it. I had no interest in it at all. I'll still see it when it comes out, but the more I dwell of Reloaded, the more my eagerness for Revolutions fades.

I know ROTK will be good.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Find Your Magali
If you haven't read the final book and think you know how the final book ends, prepared to be very surprised and deeply moved. You have no idea what you're in store for. And, I suppose, that means I envy you.

GOD DAMN IT!

This is just the same as a damn spoiler...
I hate when people do this!

rustinglass

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: Find Your Magali

GOD DAMN IT!

This is just the same as a damn spoiler...
I hate when people do this!

Chill, dude

be prepared for shit, and the ending will be cool, trust me. That is if Jackson respects it, 'cause wiped off some of my favourite characters of the book: tom bombadil and his wife goldberry and he wiped out galadriel's beautiful song as they left lórien. That's pretty much it, other than that, he's doing a great job.

Tough, there is one action scene in the rotk book that I absolutely love and have been imagining how it would look on screen for years, and if he cuts that...then so help me god, I will write a FUCK YOU PETER JACKSON letter
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica