Superman DVDs

Started by MacGuffin, September 28, 2005, 05:01:34 PM

RegularKarate

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 27, 2006, 01:02:45 PM
Title: Super Blunder

I'm not that worried about the commentary on the third superman... seeing as how the two reasons to want a commentary are both dead.

Quote from: Pubrick on September 22, 2006, 11:06:22 PM
yep the movies weren't that good.

How long does it take to mail a punch in the face to Australia?

Pubrick

Quote from: RegularKarate on November 27, 2006, 08:29:45 PM
Quote from: Pubrick on September 22, 2006, 11:06:22 PM
yep the movies weren't that good.

How long does it take to mail a punch in the face to Australia?
haha, it would get here in a week or two. but it would cost you a bundle, and by the time it arrived it would only be as powerful as a Mr Burns beating..

under the paving stones.

Derek

I think Superman 3 gets an unfair rap. I think the good Superman vs. the evil/drunk Superman is some of the best dramatic stuff in the series. I also love how they cut from the Calgary skyline to Manhattan and think it matches up.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

MacGuffin

From The Digital Bits:

Okay, folks. Here's Warner's official statement on the Superman discs:

"Bonus content was omitted from the Superman III Deluxe Edition in the 14-disc Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition. Furthermore, disc one of Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition did not include the Dolby Digital 2.0 mix. Neither disc is known to be physically defective in any way.

Warner Home Video wants to extend apologies to all of our loyal Superman fans who've waited so patiently for these great collections and has taken immediate steps to correct these errors with the intention of standing behind our product 100%.

Replacement discs can be obtained by calling: 800-553-6937. The exchange program applies only to purchases of the Superman III Deluxe Edition in the Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition and to disc one of Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition, available as a single title, as well as in The Christopher Reeve Superman Collection and in the Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition."

Just so you know, we're trying to find out if and when future corrected sets might arrive in stores, and if this replacement program will work for international customers (who may have purchased the R1 sets via Amazon) as well. We'll let you know when we hear anything on these issues.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: MacGuffin on July 22, 2006, 04:19:03 PM
Disc Four
ยท   Vintage TV special The Making of Superman: The Movie

Narrated by Ernie "Father of P.T." Anderson!

MacGuffin

I called and the operator took my name and number and told me they would call me back in 24 - 48 hours as they didn't know if they were send out mailers (a la Back To The Future) or how the replacement was gonna work.

EDIT: Operators are basically just taking your names and phone numbers at this point. It will be a few days before all the details are in place, and they know when discs will be available. Discs are being replicated now, but it takes time. And if you get put on hold or have a hard time getting through, be patient. They're getting a LOT of calls.

Just to be precise, the 1978 Superman theatrical edition disc (Disc One of the Ultimate Collector's Edition) is supposed to have the revised 5.1 audio (edited down from the 2001 Extended Edition's 5.1 remix) and the ORIGINAL THEATRICAL 2.0 audio. That's what the corrected discs will contain (right now, the 2.0 is the remix also rather than the original theatrical audio).

WHV tells me that corrected DVDs and sets will eventually find their way into stores (as a 'running' production change) once the current stock sells out. They'll have new SKU numbers to distinguish them from the current ones - don't know what those are yet.

Finally, for you international (non U.S.) customers who may have purchased the Region 1 sets online via Amazon, Warner is checking with Amazon to confirm arrangements to make the corrected discs available to you. We're waiting to hear back from WHV to see if there will be a phone number or mailing address that other international customers (who may have purchased R1 sets online) can use to get the corrected discs. We'll try to let you know.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Derek

Are they going to do something about the video transfer of Superman Returns? It's terrible. There's less grain in a sandbox.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

bonanzataz

Quote from: Derek on December 07, 2006, 05:53:56 PM
Are they going to do something about the video transfer of Superman Returns? It's terrible. There's less grain in a sandbox.

you clever little weasel.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Derek

Quote from: bonanzataz on December 07, 2006, 06:05:14 PM
Quote from: Derek on December 07, 2006, 05:53:56 PM

you clever little weasel.

I feel good about that one. What we used to call a 'zinger'!!!