This is it. The time is now.

Started by 72teeth, September 27, 2012, 03:39:30 PM

jenkins

into the idea of making a short about people taking acid out of boredom during the plague!!

PinkTeeth

Yeah, I'm surprised I haven't been able to find more stories, articles, news reports about it myself. Seems like the safest way to travel these days.

Thanks for the warm welcome back gang  :salute:
New Name, Same Typos.

PinkTeeth

Oy Amigxs!
Here's a link to the festival I'm happy to be apart of: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mixtape-in-place-tickets-113134117190
Starts tmoro, $5 (or more) to support one of San Francisco's oldest treasures, and access to over 40 original short films!

Booya
New Name, Same Typos.

PinkTeeth

New Name, Same Typos.

WorldForgot

Quote from: PinkTeeth on July 24, 2020, 03:31:39 PM
boop :)

Fun stuff! My heart kinda dropped seeing how much the characters took. Coulda been tragic! lol
I think this has a great pace.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Just vibing off the goofy for two hours, though, not too bad ~

jenkins

i liked when he took the occasion to smoke some pot too. i liked the whole thing and beforehand was worried it would suck so i not only liked it but felt relieved that it didn't suck. a perfectly executed idea with a great pace as mentioned, two notches better than, for example, Midsommar

PinkTeeth

Thanks for the love! Glad you dug it :)
It was a bastard getting it down to the required 3minutes, but once I let go of some of the dumb jokes I thought I needed, and added my lady's music, it was like *click*

I can't wait to do that again :violin:
New Name, Same Typos.

PinkTeeth

New Name, Same Typos.

PinkTeeth

There's a much bigger post to be planted here, and will happen.... but there a 60page thing I spat out if anyone wnts a bite <3

dm me, i'll follow up & i miss pubrick & i love you

x&o&peace&love
jm
New Name, Same Typos.

PinkTeeth

Hiya Xixax,

Hey, how are you?

I hope yalls well, and I hope tomoro goes even better, sincerely <3.

It's been a minute and I just wanted to check in and update what's become a bit of a touchstone for me...

I am serving tables and shucking oysters in a lil sleepy beachtown for money, nearly wrecked the most important partnership of my life, and still haven't given up the dream-

I've put a lot of time into my screenplay, and really like where the story is... finally. I know it'll never be done, but I believe, as it is, it paints a good picture I hope to make as soon as possible-

It's called "Witches Kackle Bitches Brew", the story of Angela Colvin, a version of "that-crazy-woman-on-the-bus," the one you see in any major city, or small town- and it's about how people can often get into that kind of situation, and it's about systematic prejudices that can keep someone in that situation, and it's about witches, and hocus pocus, and Christmas, and mushrooms-

-it first came to me while living in SF, very angry, under the influence, I got to talking to many unhoused people and hearing the same story over & over & over again... And I wanted to weaponize my writing for good. I want to make something that can hopefully help people, and bring awareness, and potentially even make money to help or just get a conversation started .. and it's a tricky subject because there's no easy answer, or solid blame to be placed, and it's not a world that most people want to acknowledge, but I know ignoring it doesn't help, and that's all I'd fuckin see during my late nites in the bay: a huge community, of mostly old black people, being abused and neglected.

And then the pandemic happened, and then it got worse, and then I had to leave, for many reasons, including mental health...

...and I was able to distract myself for a while, but Angela was still out there, and I'd still see versions of her everywhere, and her story never stopped gripping my brain, and the desire to answer my calling pangs loudly-

...And then, one day I magically met Caroline Thompson, writer of "Edward Scissorhands" & "Nightmare Before Christmas", and "Black Beauty" & "Secret Garden", and the film "Buddy" of recent Chimp Crazy fame... and I'm honored to say she's become my mentor. And she encouraged me to keep writing... She pushed me to make my story better, and was impressed by what I turned in. It was the first time a professional gave me something I needed: validation.

So now, then, I am taking the first steps down the long necessary road of rejection, a road I worked hard to get foot on, and I like what I'm selling. I'm proud of what I made and I believe I want to make it for the right reasons.

And then just hours ago, The Bay List is announced... this feels like a good place to start...
New Name, Same Typos.

WorldForgot

Yes!!! I love the premise for your feature. I can't wait to see the project develop, or any posts you make as you find your creative stride.