What Movies Did You Last Rent?

Started by Lucinda Bryte, August 27, 2003, 07:45:02 PM

Derek237

I last rented Lock Stock and Two Smoking barrels. Never seen it before, it was awesome!

SoNowThen

Quote from: Onomatopoeia
Mean Streets
Bringing Out the Dead
Three Kings
Full Metal Jacket

This weekend is going to be great.

Fucking A!!!

Happy movie watchin'
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

parenthetical guy

Cube (dying to see this)
Dog Soldiers
and
wait
for
it
Comedian (second time rental to specifically dis Orny Adams)
"We really shook the pillars of Heaven, didn't we Wang?"

Vile5

-The Royal Tenenbaums :yabbse-thumbup:
-El Crimen del Padre Amaro
-The Citizen Kane  :yabbse-thumbup:  :yabbse-thumbup:  :yabbse-thumbup:
-El Bien Esquivo
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

cine

Cries and Whispers
The Hidden Fortress
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Vile5

Quote from: CinephileCries and Whispers
i'm looking for that movie in Lima and i can not find it grrrrrrr..  :yabbse-angry:

cine

Yeah I'm just really lucky to have it where I'm at. This city has fuck all for foreign films.

picolas

meatwad

Talk To Her
Spun
Full Frontal

i went to the local blockbuster to get these, and they used to have Before Sunrise on VHS. But when i went to finally rent it, it is not there. I was so fucking pissed

MrBurgerKing

I rented The Fellini Satyricon, it made me want to put a bullet in my brain. I haven't felt so trapped since I was five years old when I was at a birthday party, forced to eat McDonalds cheeseburgers. I ate a burger trying not to think about it, and threw up later. That same night I had a dream similar to the Minotaur scene in this movie. This is a flick I never plan to revisit until I'm burning in the flames of hell while Satan plays it on a loop, in which case I'd choose the flames as escapist entertainment from it. I'm not saying it's a bad flick either, I just hated it.. it's a world I never want to stare into again, what a hell. "My sword is blunted" indeed.

cine

So you're saying its likely good movie but you just found yourself uncomfortable/uneasy watching the content?

MrBurgerKing

No, what I'm saying is that it's likely a good movie but I just found myself uncomfortable / uneasy watching the content. I don't wanna be the prick that says this is the worst movie in the world without any redeemable qualities. I think if you put enough ketchup on a McNugget, it will drown the taste and it wouldn't be so horrible. I like the fact that Fellini made a two hour flick full of crazy horseshit. Normally I'd be pissed off if the director puts his name in the title of the flick but I guess it works here. The bottom line is there's too much ketchup and not enough chicken here. I don't like the taste of ketchup by itself, I like to have a little chicken in the mix too. I like the chicken to be present with the ketchup to the side, not the ketchup with the chicken to the side, and I don't like the mustard mixed in either, only crispy Burger King chicken nuggets. And a medium orange soda.

Alethia

Vile5

Quote from: CinephileYeah I'm just really lucky to have it where I'm at. This city has fuck all for foreign films.
where do you live????? i'm moving there tomorrow!!!!

Quote from: picolashttp://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=309

i'm sorry i was thinking in spanish, don't be offended man!

cine

Quote from: Vile5
Quote from: CinephileYeah I'm just really lucky to have it where I'm at. This city has fuck all for foreign films.
where do you live????? i'm moving there tomorrow!!!!

Well I'm in Ontario but we (Canada) dipped behind the U.S. on the top 10 places to live in the world, so you probably DON'T wanna move here.