Who's Next To Croak?

Started by cine, September 28, 2003, 11:07:39 AM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ravi

Wow, I only now realize how diverse Lehman's work is.

Pubrick

Quote from: W2005 is a horrible year for life.
are u kidding me
under the paving stones.

Stefen

2005 may be the year when Walrus has gone through puberty. I was the same way in my special year. "Hans, american bandstand is on" "who cares..."
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

MacGuffin

Okay, who's killing Hitchcock's screenwriters? Is Joseph Stefano (Psycho) next?

Evan Hunter, aka Ed McBain, dies -- wrote 'Blackboard Jungle'

HARTFORD, Conn. -- Evan Hunter, a prolific writer whose gritty Ed McBain 87th Precinct detective series pioneered the police procedural genre and laid the groundwork for a generation of TV cop dramas, has died at the age of 78. Hunter, whose earlier work included "The Blackboard Jungle" and the script for "The Birds," died Wednesday of cancer of the larynx, said his agent. Writing as Ed McBain, his 87th Precinct series grew to more than 50 titles as it tracked a detective squad in a mythical city bearing a strong resemblance to Hunter's hometown of New York City. "Hill Street Blues," the first TV police procedural with a large ensemble cast, bore a strong resemblance to the 87th Precinct novels in form, tone and spirit.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

When I say it's a horrible year for life I mean so many great people are dying.

A lot of great CD's and movies are coming out this year, so it's a great year to be alive.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

Quote from: WA lot of great CD's ... are coming out this year
are u kidding me
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: WA lot of great CD's ... are coming out this year
are u kidding me

I haven't heard all of the ones I plan on hearing, and I'm being hopeful, OK?

Stefen

If anything music croaked this year (so far) lots of dissapointments. NIN, Foo Fighters, Lohans New Cd.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Sleuth

it's interesting how you tagged on TWO joke bands at the end
I like to hug dogs

Stefen

Hey, I expected something from the Foo Fighters, music wise. And at least some good liner notes from Lohan.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: StefenHey, I expected something from the Foo Fighters, music wise. And at least some good liner notes from Lohan.

the liner notes are actaully pretty inspiring...

my dearest fans,

thanks for purchasing my new cd.  i speant three years writing these introspective lyrics.  they cover so many different aspects of my life.  like the time when growing up in new york.  mans, those were some ruff times.  but i new i had a connection with new york even before birth.  when i was evolving from a delicate fetus inside my mommy's womb-i could feel new york.  i new that through the minerals and good eats that my mommy shoved down her stomach i would become a star.   thats why i decided to put a "star" symbol on my album cover.  whats really trippy is that if you look at all those designs on the cover, each signifies something special in my life.  'hehe'. the skull bones brings a certian fear and respect or even a dangerous streak with in me.  but some theorists have also pointed out that the bones represent the fact that i am sexy super skinny now.  but ya'll know to stop speading those rumors!  we's rumor haterz on a 2005 click! head bob to my lyrics baby.  but i do get dangerous.  i am going to save that those for my horny male fans.  masterbate in secret and all will be revealed.  the rock guitar should be self explanetory  but in case some of you are pretty slow ['tee-hee'], i will drop some knowledge on you.  lets face it-I ROCK! i am sexy as hell.  who wouldn't want to look like me. touch me.  feel my body .  yeah, i getting cactus crazy on ya!  j-lo aint gots nothing on my ass.  feliz, spank that for me....ooooooooohhhh yeeeah......leave feliz!  [ahem...] the bird with wings is truly a sad story.  as some of ya'll rumor feeders know my daddy is not an upstanding citizen.  he go to jail  :cry: . so, the bird symbolizes my desire for my daddy to fly away from jail. break free!  but i wrote a poem to describe my anger.  this is actaully a sneak peek at my new song from my next ablum.  the song is intitled, "don't lock my soul away"

"my daddy is behind bars...what will become of daddy's little girl?...crying eyes cloud the truth...there are corporate haterz in the mist...check me out rolling in my hot pink camero...change stations cleer out...i layed that freak wilmer valdermama...i had dat motherfucker screaming MAMA!!!....but please judge of justice, bringer of the mallet, conceiver of malediction...don't lock my soul away...."

as you can see, its got future top 10 hit written all over it.   sorry to be gett'n off track but thems some deep emotions pouring out.  and ya'll got an inside edition-style sneak tip of my new material.  lastly, the pink lady descirbes the essence of my female body and friends.  my click comprises of paris and nicole.  we be flexing our sex appeal all over the new york and L A club scene.  paris taught me everything that a woman should possess and i learned through her tutelage what it takes to be  a real woman.  oh yeah nicole you ask?  she and i snort coaciane off of random peoples cocks.  but ya'll remeber we ons a rumor free kick!  thanks again for purchasing a 'window into my mind'.  i hope you guys think that these tracks and lyrics are first rate.  this is some nobel prize winning stuff right here.  um hum, you betcha. rolling out with the keys.  gots all the men dropping on their knees.  gots my ex-boyfriend holla'ring  'please'.   but no more sucking on these. smoking the finest trees.  sporting my curves out on the open seas.  i make all those rumors fall like the leaves.   i spit my rhymes like the fow of a gentle breeze.  everybody shouting 'hey what sup with lindsy?? ya'll just got to wait...and...see.

and we out.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Ravi

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4701167.stm

Star Trek's Scotty dies aged 85

Actor James Doohan, who played the chief engineer Montgomery Scott in Star Trek, has died at the age of 85.

Doohan, whose role was immortalised in the line "Beam me up, Scotty", had been suffering from pneumonia and Alzheimer's disease, his agent said.

His wife of 28 years, Wende, was by his side, Steve Stevens added.

Doohan was a popular character actor when he auditioned for the part in 1966. When the series ended in 1969, he found himself typecast in the role.

The Canadian-born actor was a master of dialect, developed during his years on radio.

When asked what accent he thought his Star Trek character should have, he said: "I believed the Scot voice was the most commanding."

'Go with the flow'

Doohan's character Scotty manned the Star Trek enterprise with Captain James T Kirk, played by William Shatner, and Mr Spock, played by Leonard Nimoy.

They starred together for three seasons before US network NBC cancelled it because of weak ratings.

But the team was reassembled when the franchise hit the big screen. Star Trek: The Motion Picture was released in cinemas in 1979.

Doohan appeared in seven big screen episodes of Star Trek, and continued to voice the franchise's video games into the late 1990s.

Initially he was concerned about being typecast as Scotty.

In 1973, he complained to his dentist, who advised him: "Jimmy, you're going to be Scotty long after you're dead. If I were you, I'd go with the flow.

"I took his advice and since then everything's been just lovely."

He came to embrace his Scotty character and attended Star Trek fan conventions into his 80s, before falling ill.

Doohan became a father again at the age of 80, when his wife Wende gave birth to daughter Sarah.

His last public appearance was in October 2004 when he received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.