Favourite Rock'n'Roll Films?

Started by evaderhead, November 17, 2004, 11:37:38 PM

mogwai

Quote from: cronopiohahaha oh, what a silly movie.

is anyone up to making a visual defence of it?
the scenes in their house are worthy
i love it. although it made me physically ill the first time i saw it. it grew on me. oh yeah, it grew on me(?). this proves that you can make a movie under the influence of too many jazz cigarettes. especially, look at how john and ringo behave throughout the movie.

Alethia

haha Help is awesome....

"Feet."
"Feet, feet?...Oh, feet."

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: cronopiohahaha oh, what a silly movie.

is anyone up to making a visual defence of it?
the scenes in their house are worthy
i love it. although it made me physically ill the first time i saw it. it grew on me. oh yeah, it grew on me(?). this proves that you can make a movie under the influence of too many jazz cigarettes. especially, look at how john and ringo behave throughout the movie.

i have good memories of me watching that movie with my cousins when i was a lad.  i might revisit the vhs on this weekend and cry.
context, context, context.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

evaderhead

I haven't seen Help though it has been THERE for long...
I remeber someone said in the Purple Rain dvd that PR is way much better than the earlier Beatles films. I really can't relate to that..so what's it like?

talk about Purple Rain, it's like an extended music video comming along with Prince's amateur acting...but it all comes great when he jumps on stage and starts being himself.  

Top Secret, is that a comedy starring Val Kilmer
You'll see me one more time if you do good,
and you'll seeme two more times if you do bad.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: evaderhead
Top Secret, is that a comedy starring Val Kilmer
Yes, yes it is.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

hedwig

talk about Purple Rain, it's like an extended music video comming along with Prince's amateur acting...but it all comes great when he jumps on stage and starts being himself.  

I love Purple Rain. Deeply. It's a precious film to me. And I find Prince's acting (over-acting, I meant) to be wierdly hypnotic. "FUCK OFF!" he shouts.  Good acting would've ruined the film, if you ask me.

And "Purple Rain" (The song) will always be awesome. No matter what.

Born Under Punches

Quote from: Hedwig
I love Purple Rain. Deeply. It's a precious film to me. And I find Prince's acting (over-acting, I meant) to be wierdly hypnotic.

Prince's best moment is the scene after "When Doves Cry" when he does this weirdly choreographed spin.  "ANSWER ME, MOTHERFUCKER!"

And since I've been on a major Talking Heads kick as of late, I'll say Stop Making Sense.  Great concert film.

SHAFTR

I love Purple Rain. Deeply. It's a precious film to me. And I find Prince's acting (over-acting, I meant) to be wierdly hypnotic. "FUCK OFF!" he shouts.  Good acting would've ruined the film, if you ask me.

You all make me so happy.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

evaderhead

Good acting would've ruined the film, if you ask me.

I see.

definitely agree. I love the soundtrack
You'll see me one more time if you do good,
and you'll seeme two more times if you do bad.

Kal

Probably nobody here saw this cause its an old Argentinean movie...

TANGO FEROZ

GoneSavage

two not mentioned yet:

Rock n Roll High School
The Tropics of Love (like The Wall but with a Black Heart Procession album)

SHAFTR

The Last Waltz

- quickly becoming one of my favorite Scorsese films.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Two Lane Blacktop

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Someone already mentioned these, but I also love Rock And Roll High School and 24 Hour Party People.

2LB
Body by Guinness

I Don't Believe in Beatles

The Kids are Alright
Jimi Hendrix
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick