is there any eastereggs on pulp fiction se?

Started by gjg 4 REEL, September 22, 2003, 01:50:30 PM

SoNowThen

yeah, but it most certainly should have had a fucking commentary...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Derek237

GODDAMNIT!!!!!!!! I tried to get the commentary by doing what markum said, and now my DVD player is fucked up! Shit! :x

MacGuffin

Quote from: SoNowThenyeah, but it most certainly should have had a fucking commentary...

It does have one. Jeez, haven't you read this thread. It's an easter egg. The "Jackie Brown" DVD has one too.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: SoNowThenyeah, but it most certainly should have had a fucking commentary...

It does have one. Jeez, haven't you read this thread. It's an easter egg. The "Jackie Brown" DVD has one too.

OH SWEET! I heard to access that one you have to smear peanut butter on your dvd, then jam it in upside down with 2 other dvds into your player.

It is by far the best commentary ever. Even better than Paul's Boogie Nights one...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Derek237

Okay....the peanut butter's not working....my player's fucked up....and I STILL CAN'T GET THE COMMENTARY!! WTF?!

MacGuffin

Quote from: Derek237Okay....the peanut butter's not working....my player's fucked up....and I STILL CAN'T GET THE COMMENTARY!! WTF?!

Did you use chunky or creamy? It has to be creamy 'cause the movie is smooth.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

nix

if you insert BOTH PF and JB in your player at the same time (both upside down), a split screen effect will occuor in which you can watch both films at the same time with QT commentary. The first half of the commetary is amazing, then Roger Avary joins him and they get into this big fight over who's ideas were who's and why doesn't Roger have a writing credit on True Romance. There's what sounds like a physical altercation,  then they make up and buttfuck for the last 20 minutes, during which a glowing briefcase appears on the bottom left side of the screen. Hit enter on your dvd remote and you can watch the hot quentin on roger action!
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

Find Your Magali

Quote from: SoNowThenIt is by far the best commentary ever. Even better than Paul's Boogie Nights one...

I like Quentin's running joke: "Do you think Bruce was stoned when he did this scene?"  :P

aclockworkjj

I was surprised to find out that what was in the briefcase, was completely different from what I had always thought.  To think, I always figured it was Wallace's soul.  Wow..see, this is why I love commentaries.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: gjg 4 REELEaster basket

4  REAL..

edison

Quote from: gjg 4 REELa dvd with that many special features shouldnt have any easter eggs anyway

not true, there are many special editions with easter eggs included. nice try though.

aclockworkjj

haha....we are gonna make this kid want to never come back.  :wink:

REEL, I hope you realize everyone is only messin' with ya for you to gain respect.  Show all of us wat's up, man!!!  Do yer thang...

Show us......you, and speak the reverse of yer complaints of us here...we will fall in line.... I, ahhh...yeah...reckon.

SHAFTR

ya, in the main menu do the following

Up, Down, Up, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, A, B, A, B, Select, Start
ohh wait, that's for Contra.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Sleuth

according to my calculations, it's actually up, up, down, down...
I like to hug dogs