Criterion News and Discussion

Started by Gold Trumpet, January 16, 2003, 06:18:19 PM

john

Quote from: bonanzataz on April 16, 2009, 06:20:53 PM

have a few other oop commentaries. say the word and they're yours...

Word.

Word like a motherfucker.

I downloaded that Game commentary last night and enjoyed every minute of it. thanks for sharing.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

bonanzataz

Quote from: john on April 18, 2009, 12:40:37 AM
Quote from: bonanzataz on April 16, 2009, 06:20:53 PM

have a few other oop commentaries. say the word and they're yours...

Word.

Word like a motherfucker.

I downloaded that Game commentary last night and enjoyed every minute of it. thanks for sharing.

THIS IS SPINAL TAP
cast commentary
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZP2UYD00

filmmaker commentary
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X39BBT59

:wink:
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sleepless

Quote from: Gold Trumpet on April 17, 2009, 08:49:39 PM
YES! Long over due considering the timing of its theatrical release, but very very welcome. I still not am a huge Godard fan on any level, but he is growing on me more and more. One of my more exciting projects is that I am preparing to lecture on Breathless at university level for the next coming semesters, but even still, I'm a quasi fan. I love some of his films (Breathless) but don't understand the appeal of others at all (Alphaville). All that being said, the discussion of 2 or 3 Things I Know About Her has always fascinated me and it's the one Godard I've been pining for.

I'm hoping his King Lear gets a DVD release sometime. It's a good companion piece to 'One Plus One' and 'Week End' in terms of its discussion of creativity/construction/destruction.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

edison

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

cine

Bethie

A doctor that frequents my place of employment let me borrow this. A friend of his had it and for the past sixth months the doc kept asking him to return it..even calling the man's secretary and leaving him threatening messages! I was embarrassed.

Not to sound dumb, but I didn't know it was so expensive. It looks quite good next to my tv. I'd keep it if the doctor wasn't a jew.
who likes movies anyway

edison

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION DOUBLE-DISC SET

Restored digital transfer, approved by director Chantal Akerman
Autour de "Jeanne Dielman," a 70-minute documentary, shot by actor Sami Frey and edited by Agnes Ravez, made during the filming of Jeanne Dielman
New interviews with Akerman and cinematographer Babette Mangolte
Excerpt from "Chantal Akerman par Chantal Akerman," a 1997 episode of the French television program Cinéma de notre temps
An interview with Akerman's mother, Natalia
Archival television interview excerpt featuring Akerman and star Delphine Seyrig
Saute ma ville (1968), Akerman's first film, with an introduction by the director
New and improved English subtitle translation
PLUS: A booklet featuring essays by film scholars Ivone Margulies and Janet Bergstrom

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION

New, restored high-definition digital transfer, supervised and approved by director Whit Stillman
Audio commentary featuring Stillman and actors Chloë Sevigny and Chris Eigeman
Four deleted scenes with commentary by Stillman, Eigeman, and Sevigny
Stills gallery with production notes by Stillman
Stillman reading a chapter from The Last Days of Disco, with Cocktails at Petrossian Afterwards, his novelization of the movie
Behind-the-scenes featurette
Original theatrical trailer
PLUS: An essay by novelist David Schickler

tpfkabi

well, damn, i missed the Godard release announcement until i got the e-mail today.

i guess it's because those pics for the covers aren't showing up for me.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Criterion has just set BD-upgraded versions of Jean-Luc Godard's Pierrot le fou (Cat #421, 1 disc - SRP $39.95) and D. A. Pennebaker's Jimi Plays Monterey and Shake! Otis at Monterey (#169, 1 disc - SRP $29.95) and The Complete Monterey Pop Festival (#167, 2 discs - SRP $69.95 - includes Monterey Pop, Jimi Plays Monterey and Shake! Otis at Monterey, along with nearly every complete performance from the festival). All three are set for release on 9/22.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

edison

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION

New, restored high-definition digital transfer, supervised by editor Barbara Tulliver
Audio commentary featuring writer-director David Mamet and actor William H. Macy
New video program featuring interviews with recurring Mamet actors Steven Goldstein, Ricky Jay, J. J. Johnston, Joe Mantegna, and Jack Wallace
Gag reel and TV spots
PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by critic Stuart Klawans

New, restored high-definition digital transfer
Audio commentary featuring noted film historian Ian Christie
New video interview with author and editor Michael Korda, Alexander's nephew, who discusses growing up in the Korda family and the making of That Hamilton Woman
Theatrical trailer
Alexander Korda Presents, a 1942 promotional radio piece for the film
PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by Molly Haskell

Gold Trumpet

Only two titles? I welcome all David Mamet titles to the collection, but I am not the biggest fan of Homocide. It's a decent drama but also unmemorable. I'd have to see it again to comment further. That Hamilton Woman (unseen by me) seems to be famous as a star vehicle for Vivian Leigh and Laurence Olivier. Hopefully another title is a late comer to the annoucement page.

Edit: I notice other months have featured just two titles. The conversion of old titles to Blu-Ry seems to be holding up Criterion's output of new films.

picolas

Jefferson

has anyone heard if che is getting put out on criterion? the link below is where i read it, no idea how realiable the site is though.

http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=218add595d167a3e57e220a3c0fa674b&t=88885&page=24