Irreversible DVD

Started by cinemanarchist, August 05, 2003, 08:25:27 PM

Sleuth

roarrrrr get away from my gate
I like to hug dogs

onoff

Quote from: alphasixtyYou should demand your money back BECAUSE there aren't any special features...AFTER THEY ADVERTISED THAT THERE WOULD BE...EVEN ON THE BOX ITSELF! Oh, by the way, the guy on the phone I spoke with said that those two music videos, "stress" and "outrage" ARE the deleted scenes! Pretty misleading, right?
[/quote]

actually, there's only one deleted scene. in which you see alex (bellucci), in a coma. (that scene was filmed in a hospital). also, Lions Gate was full of shit when they said that the dvd would contain comentaries from cassel,dupontel & bellucci. (on the french version, there's only Noé's commentaries.)

You guys should buy the french version instead...(if you speak the language of course), and, if you also own a multi-region dvd player. There's loads of extras on studio canal's edition. (deleted scene, post cards, soundtrack on a separated cd , one short film, Noé's commentaries, a 16 pages booklet...etc..

Lions gate's original plan was to simply include some extras of the french dvd, but for some reason, nothing was translated, not even noe's commentaries...so in the end, they decided to only add the trailers and 2 video clips.

Cecil

so this is in region 2, the version you speak of?

Marty McSuperfly

Can anyone here explain, or direct me to an article, that goes into detail about how the special effects were achieved. The nightclub beating is without doubt one of the most shocking things I have ever seen on film and I want to know how they did it. Also the way the camera continually goes in and out of the glass window of the taxi while it's moving has got my brain equally hurting. I understand most of it is CG, but there's a lot more to it than that, I'm sure.

alphasixty

Lions Gate wrote me an e-mail back saying that they've now received tons of e-mails like mine and are still looking into the problem and will get back to me as soon as they have an answer.

alphasixty

I actually wanted to buy the French DVD...but unfortunately don't speak French. Why couldn't they have just included English subtitles? Must have something to do with distribution rights...unless of course Gaspar Noe just doesn't give a shit about us English speakers.

Lucinda Bryte

Oooooo buying!

And if I don't like the movie, at least I can drool over Monica Bellucci.  8)

MacGuffin

Quote from: Lucinda BryteOooooo buying!

It's not that kind of movie to drool over her. She gets graphically raped for 10 minutes with no edits, then gets her face kicked in and bloody. You're better off getting Matrix Reloaded, or going here:
http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1832
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Lucinda Bryte

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Lucinda BryteOooooo buying!

It's not that kind of movie to drool over her. She gets graphically raped for 10 minutes with no edits, then gets her face kicked in and bloody. You're better off getting Matrix Reloaded, or going here:
http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1832

I know what the movie is about. I was half serious when I said that. And by drooling over I meant that I think she is very beautiful. I don't masturbate to movies.  :roll:

Why do we keep over-analyzing the things we are saying to each other?

Sleuth

Budgie is going to be SO jealous when she sees this budding relationship
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Quote from: Lucinda BryteWhy do we keep over-analyzing the things we are saying to each other?

Hmmm...could it be because I'm going by exactly the words you are posting, and you're putting words in my mouth by assuming I know what you mean?

How do I know that you know what the movie is about? This thread doesn't explain it. And how do I know you are 'half-joking'? Rape is not to joke around with. And in no way did I imply that you masturbated to movies. The other recommendations were stating we all think she is the cat's meow.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

If you DID want to masturbate to Irreversible, technically you could, somewhat guilt-free, during the last twenty minutes.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Lucinda Bryte

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Lucinda BryteWhy do we keep over-analyzing the things we are saying to each other?

Hmmm...could it be because I'm going by exactly the words you are posting, and you're putting words in my mouth by assuming I know what you mean?

How do I know that you know what the movie is about? This thread doesn't explain it. And how do I know you are 'half-joking'? Rape is not to joke around with. And in no way did I imply that you masturbated to movies. The other recommendations were stating we all think she is the cat's meow.

Bloooo!!!!

Dur I was half joking about the drooling over Monica thing. I'm not saying haha omg she gets raped. Hilarity.  :roll:

Sleuth

We don't use the eye roll thing here, that's an official rule

baby
I like to hug dogs