P.S.

Started by MacGuffin, November 17, 2004, 03:48:12 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release Date: October 15th, 2004 (limited)

Cast: Laura Linney (Louise Harrington), Topher Grace (F. Scott Feinstadt), Gabriel Byrne (Peter Harrington), Marcia Gay Harden (Missy), Paul Rudd (Sammy), Jennifer Carta, Becki Newton, Chris Meyer, Ross A. McIntyre

Director: Dylan Kidd (Roger Dodger)

Screenwriter: Dylan Kidd

Premise: Years after her high school boyfriend's death, Louise Harrington (Linney) is spooked when Scott Feinstadt's (Grace) graduate school application comes across her desk at Columbia University. Sharing the same name as - and similar appearance to - her former lover, Scott sparks to Louise, who openly welcomes the chance to love again.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Finn

I've heard mostly negative things unfortunately. I haven't seen it yet, but I don't have real high expectations.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

cine

I saw this on Monday (thanks to Mac for posting the info on it for everyone else) and I must say it's quite good. The performances are good, especially Linney and Byrne.

I have a problem with Topher Grace as an actor, though. I always think of him as Topher Grace Acting As So-And-So. Sometimes it's hard for me to adjust that he's trying to play a character, because his roles are always so down-to-earth and very "I'm hip". It's like you could watch his role in Traffic, 'Tad Hamilton' and this and you could be convinced its the same character. Maybe he needs a new agent.  :?

I recommend the movie even though Small Town Filmcritic has heard mostly negative reviews. If you like Birth (the number of you that I can count on one hand), see this since it's interesting how both movies deal with older women interested in a younger male because they're seeing somebody else in their eyes.. Actually I think Ebert made a note of that a couple weeks ago too on their show.

By the way, when I saw Laura Linney after seeing the SNL dress rehearsal a few weeks ago, I wanted to go up to her and say "Oh my god! I loved you in the Hours!"  I didn't say anything cause I'm a wuss like that, I guess.

Gamblour.

Awesome, a followup from Kidd...I loved Roger Dodger. Interesting that the producers from You Can Count on Me did this too, they love Linney.
WWPTAD?

Pubrick

Quote from: Small Town LonerI've heard mostly negative things unfortunately. I haven't seen it yet, but I don't have real high expectations.
hahah the day u get it right, is the day i go back to calling u Filmcritc.

ah what the hell, the irony is delicious, filmcritic!
under the paving stones.

Stefen

P, stop picking on filmcritic.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.