David Gordon Green

Started by MacGuffin, January 21, 2003, 10:50:11 AM

analogzombie

MGM Home Entertainment has announced that on April 26th, writer-director David Gordon Green's drama Undertow will be released. Starring Jamie Bell, Josh Lucas, and Dermot Mulroney, it's a thriller about two generations of brothers embroiled in a violent past they cannot escape. Expect an anamorphic widescreen transfer and a Dolby Digital 5.1 track. Supplements should include a commentary with the director and principal players, a featurette, deleted scenes, a photo gallery, and trailers. The SRP will be $26.98.

(from DVDfile.com)
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

ono

NEON MERCURY

<-------see, i told you guys its a masterpiece

Quote from: NEON MERCURYsee, i told you guys its a masterpiece

yeah but you didn't shout it and didn't used quotations!
context, context, context.

pete

yeah but you're a jackass.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

Pair Get Their Halos
Amanda Peet and Sam Rockwell take on two of the leads in the David Gordon Green-adapted Snow Angels.
Source: FilmStew.com

Amanda Peet and Sam Rockwell have joined the cast of Snow Angels for Crossroads Films. Jesse Peretz will be directing the project. Emily Mortimer has also been offered a role but has not yet been attached. Dan Lindau and Camille Taylor, the heads of Crossroads, will be producing with Paul Miller.

David Gordon Green adapted the screenplay from the novel by Stewart O'Nan. The intertwining story centers on a teenager, Arthur, and his former babysitter (Mortimer), a single mother who herself is having trouble dealing with her estranged husband Glenn (Rockwell). Peet will take on the role of Barb, the story's female lead.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gabe

Quote from: flagpolespecialthere's something about amanda peet where i can't look away from her. it's not only that she's attractive. there's something else.

Its her aura.

Apparently, Rick James has an Orange one. :shock:

matt35mm

Quote from: flagpolespecialthere's something about amanda peet where i can't look away from her. it's not only that she's attractive. there's something else. i don't know where she's a good actress or not. she's been in some good stuff. snow angels should be good from what mac just posted. and of course sam rockwell is awesome.
It's because of her birthday.  (She and I have the same birthday)  It's definitely the best day one could possibly hope to be born, and it gives you an incomparable aura for life.

She's been in good movies and she's been in bad ones (Igby Goes Down was good, The Whole Ten Yards doesn't need to be seen by me to know that it's not good).  She's not the most consistent so far, so she could either be in crappy-to-decent movies forever or (and I'd say she's a good candidate for this) she could pull a Charlize Theron and do what the Academy has been liking from actresses recently (the whole pretty girl deglamourizing herself and giving some sort of devestating performance) and win an Oscar.

I wonder what her role in this movie is like.

ono

Quote from: Borjabah
Quote from: flagpolespecialthere's something about amanda peet where i can't look away from her. it's not only that she's attractive. there's something else.

Its her aura.
It's her bush.

Weak2ndAct

Subliminal recollection of Whole Nine Yards nudity?
Quote from: matt35mmIt's because of her birthday.  (She and I have the same birthday)  It's definitely the best day one could possibly hope to be born, and it gives you an incomparable aura for life.
Dude, are you a chick or something?  Only single 30's-ish women and fugly chicks bring that stuff up.

Pubrick

please, if amanda peet wasn't so effing charming on letterman i would hav to say she is irredeemable. she consistently puts in unconvincing performances in everything she's done, especially igby goes down.
under the paving stones.

Ultrahip

What the eff are you doing in here?

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Ultrahip

just a life aquatic reference. nothing meant by it.

matt35mm

Quote from: Weak2ndAct
Quote from: matt35mmIt's because of her birthday.  (She and I have the same birthday)  It's definitely the best day one could possibly hope to be born, and it gives you an incomparable aura for life.
Dude, are you a chick or something?  Only single 30's-ish women and fugly chicks bring that stuff up.
I've never heard of this rule.

I'm sorry.  It will never happen again, sir.