Brothers

Started by MacGuffin, July 06, 2009, 12:47:20 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release date: December 4, 2009

Starring: Jake Gyllenhaal, Tobey Maguire, Natalie Portman, Sam Shepard

Directed by: Jim Sheridan (In America)

Premise: A young man comforts his older brother's wife and children after he goes missing in Afghanistan. Based on Susanne Bier's film, "Brothers".
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

A buddy of mine worked on this back in early 08 when they were filming in Albuquerque. I told him to walk by Portman and get a quick whiff of her hair for me and he did.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

this is a remake of a Danish film, no?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

polkablues

I know this is supposed to be a Very Serious Drama and all, but based on the trailer, it looks like it will be the funniest movie of the year.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

haha yeah. lol@Tobey Maguire in that trailer.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

©brad

I"ll probably see it just for Sheridan, but I do hope the movie handles that sharp right turn into thrillerville better than that trailer did.

Gamblour.

The beginning of that trailer couldn't fit the words "dad" or "dead" into it anymore if it tried. Toby looks a bit weird, but not laughable.

Also, I hope those little girls shut the fuck up. WHY DO THEY KNOW EVERYTHING?
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

Classy.  I expect that to show up in the advertising copies thread someday.

Stefen

Makes it look like a sci-fi flick.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

haha, oh, god! Natalie! Behind you!

Pas

ono

The tagline is brilliant.  Kudos!  :)