Humorous creations

Started by Axolotl, November 10, 2020, 05:11:08 AM

Jeremy Blackman

Living life big time

Jeremy Blackman

I've only just started this, but it appears to be another long-form work of genius. And the timing couldn't be better for a Joe Rogan parody.
Living life big time

Reelist

Haha I just watched about 5 mins but that'll be a fun one, thanks.

Jeremy Blackman

Oh my God I did not expect this level of specificity and precision. It's absolutely spot on. I'm dying. (Half hour in.)

Somehow Tim even manages to pre-parody the thing Rogan posted a day later. ("It's all an infinite cycle...")
Living life big time

Reelist

They nailed the mindless pontification of it all. After listening to countless hours of that blather and now considering myself a "former Rogan listener" this really made me laugh.

Robyn

Heidecker has such a weird brand of comedy. Most of the humor only works if you have listened to like hours of Rogan lol (which I have unfortunately)

Reelist

I listened back to hear Tim fawning over "Kyle Maxim". He's making fun of an amalgamation of Rogan dudes: 1: Bert Kreischer-  who takes off his shirt every standup set he does 2: Brendan Schaub: retired MMA figter who became a standup under Joe's advice and every comic resents him 3: Ari Shaffir: who's still been known to flash himself onstage in a post-Louie's cancellation world.

Jeremy Blackman

I was hoping (and somehow believed) this was actually 12 hours long, but it's 1 hour 8 min, looped. All the more reason to watch it though! It's a masterpiece of improv, parody, and satire.

Quote from: Reelist on November 28, 2021, 09:57:23 AM
I listened back to hear Tim fawning over "Kyle Maxum". He's making fun of an amalgamation of Rogan dudes: 1: Bert Kreischer-  who takes off his shirt every standup set he does 2: Brendan Schaub: retired MMA figter who became a standup under Joe's advice and every comic resents him 3: Ari Shaffir: who's still been known to flash himself onstage in a post-Louie's cancellation world.

This definitely added some helpful context before I got to that part.  :yabbse-thumbup:
Living life big time

Rooty Poots

The bit on crab salts was pure brilliance.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

jtm

Where my piss drinkers at?!?!

A great alternate version of Skynyrds Free Bird. If Free Bird was about drinking piss...

Tim Heideckers' a god damn genius.

WorldForgot

Robyn

As this is a Tim Heidecker thread now, I just want to shout out Celery Man and the trailer for The Comedy, which used to be my favorite things on YouTube for a while.

Robyn

At one point I was so deep in the rabbit hole that everything on television came across as some weird parody. I could be watching MasterChef and be thinking "this is funniest thing on TV right now!". It melted my brain.

Jeremy Blackman

To be fair, MasterChef is essentally self-parody, so you're not wrong.
Living life big time