What shows are you watching?

Started by Jeremy Blackman, May 06, 2017, 04:03:18 PM

jenkins

Quote from: WorldForgot on September 25, 2020, 05:26:16 PM
Search Party - If you haven't caught this comedy, it's a murder mystery that takes itself into thriller territory without sacrificing the comedy that you would expect from producer Michael Showalter  (created by Sarah-Violet Bliss, Charles Rogers, and Michael Showalter), starring Alia Shawkat, John Reynolds, John Early, Meredith Hagner. V binge-able.

you know i was asked if i knew any shows and i lol'd before saying let me see what my internet movie friends mention so then when we watched the first episode of this show that has humor, i was looking for humor, and i guessed the perspective while explaining it based on my familiarity with showalter who has a recent reputation which is helpful because the state and stella were born esoteric but now they're historic too so you can be double-fucked when you mention them depending on the listener but anyway the first episode went over well enough that this show is now under consideration for further watching is what i hear

SaunchSmilax

Well the Ted Lasso finale was both delightful and infuriating.

Simply cannot wait for season 2 to explore The Championship.
"All I ever wanted was a cool '78 'Vette and a house in the country."

polkablues

I would definitely have watched Ted Lasso by now if Apple wasn't so committed to making their content impossible to watch on a television without their specific streaming hardware.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Rooty Poots

Quote from: polkablues on October 02, 2020, 02:22:18 PM
I would definitely have watched Ted Lasso by now if Apple wasn't so committed to making their content impossible to watch on a television without their specific streaming hardware.

Huh? You don't need an Apple TV to stream Apple TV+. It runs on more hardware than HBO Max.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

Jeremy Blackman

Polka is probably referring to the limited number of smart TVs that Apple supports. I personally know someone who bought a new Mac and was excited to use their 1 year of free Apple TV Plus but never really used it because their primary TV was not supported.

Rooty Poots

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on October 02, 2020, 09:11:44 PM
Polka is probably referring to the limited number of smart TVs that Apple supports. I personally know someone who bought a new Mac and was excited to use their 1 year of free Apple TV Plus but never really used it because their primary TV was not supported.

Rokus and Firesticks are pretty cheap! (Supported Smart TV list is growing, too!)
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

polkablues

I don't know. My streaming options are PS4 and Chromecast, and I haven't found a way to play Apple TV on either of those yet.
My house, my rules, my coffee

WorldForgot

^also posted by JB in the YouTube findings thread, so now yall got something to talk about  ~

wilberfan

I'm enjoying this new series.  A nice lil' respite from our current shitstorm.

https://youtu.be/w7aSybHRa6s

WorldForgot

^ yeah, typical to Fielder's history with projects, John Wilson bringz goofy poetry out of the mundane.

Jeremy Blackman

I watched 3 episodes. The show is good, but I don't find John Wilson to be remotely funny. Just grating.

wilberfan

Not a series, but I'm fascinated by creatives discussing their work.  I really enjoyed this.

https://youtu.be/BiWIuXh3m74

Robyn

On my third viewing of Queen's Gambit.... it's too good.

wilberfan

Just watched the 2nd episode last night.  Slow, but compelling.