Author Topic: Long-Lost Xixax Members  (Read 10655 times)

csage97

• The Road of Trials
  • Respect: +30
Re: Long-Lost Xixax Members
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2018, 04:48:43 PM »
+1
Pretty interesting thread. I've got to ask: Is Pubrick referring to TWBB as CMBB? If so, what does CWBB stand for, and why call it that?

Something Spanish

• The Vision Quest
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2018, 06:21:04 PM »
+5
check out this in-depth interview with former xixax member mutinyco (Jamie Stuart), wherein he discusses his first feature length flick A Motion Selife. he did the entire production without any crew (including post) and discusses what that process was like. having seen the film last year, i can confirm that it's tight. really unique, actually. not many people here remember him as he quit posting long, long ago, but he was one of the early on members and had a strong presence on the site for a few years. here's the link:

KJ

• The Return Threshold
  • Respect: +375
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2018, 02:19:35 PM »
+2
but does he like Scorsese?
(sorry, I just read an discussion from 2003, so i'd be impressed if anyone gets this reference)

watched the interview, and enjoyed it. they talked about his short Idiot with a Tripod which you can watch here. I really liked it. made me wanna buy a camera and start making things myself.

"Idiot with a Tripod" was shot, edited and posted online in one day without any expectations. I simply thought it would be cool to shoot the big NYC blizzard on 12/26/10.

Then Roger Ebert fell in love with it.

He championed the short, calling it "Man in a Blizzard," and said it should win an Academy Award.

It went madly viral after that and did over a million hits. It was subsequently named TIME Magazine's #3 Creative Video of 2011.

So all I've got to say is: thanks to everybody who's seen the short and liked it.

-J

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy