Author Topic: Know Your Xixax: Donation begging and site news  (Read 55180 times)

ono

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +228
Re: Know Your Xixax: Donation begging and site news
« Reply #495 on: December 28, 2017, 08:34:29 PM »
I just noticed that according to the stats, there are over 1,700 members of this forum.   I seem to recall that there are only 50+ that contribute on a regular basis (am I remembering that correctly)?   Thats, like, a 3% participation rate.

Is that typical for an online forum??
I wouldn't know, but there are a lot of guests and lurkers in any forum.  The nature of the medium lends itself to that.

Kal

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Success is not a goal, it's a byproduct.
  • Respect: +202
Re: Know Your Xixax: Donation begging and site news
« Reply #496 on: December 29, 2017, 01:54:35 AM »
I just noticed that according to the stats, there are over 1,700 members of this forum.   I seem to recall that there are only 50+ that contribute on a regular basis (am I remembering that correctly)?   Thats, like, a 3% participation rate.

Is that typical for an online forum??

1700 active or 1700 total registered? what is the number of monthly active users or visitors? We've been around for ~15 years, so not surprising that so many people are inactive. And now that I think of it, it's pretty incredible I can't think of many other sites I continue to visit regularly in so many years.

3% is a very low percentage, to answer your question, but depends on how you are measuring this percentage.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy