Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

Sleuth

Quote from: Greenplastic and NMEAccording to this week's Radiohead article in NME, Thom was nervous about a possible US backlash because of his views on President Bush.

From NME-
"The band have spent much of the autumn on tour in America supporting their current album 'Hail To The Thief'. Thom said that because of his public anti-war stance and the perceived anti-Bush album title, the band feared some kind of backlash.

"We were sort of worried about the reaction to what we had been saying when we went over there," Thom told NME.COM. "Colin (Greenwood, bassist), whose wife is American, didn't see a problem at all. It turned out that he was right, when you met people face to face the resistance, disgust and dismay was obvious."

Thom said that some of the band's older songs have taken on new meanings. He continued: "When we played 'No Surprises' a huge cheer would go up every night over the line 'Bring down the government / They don't speak for us..'. Although in Houston, Texas it was a little err...muted shall we say"

What's up, Pedro
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

I don't recall it being "muted"... I just think they were expecting too much from a bunch of lazy Texans.

russiasusha

Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

aclockworkjj

In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape
Broken branches trip me as I speak
Just cos you feel it doesn't mean it's there

Pedro

Quote from: russiasusha
QuoteWhat's up, Pedro

:?:
I was there.  Um, yeah. . .it wasn't a big roar.

aclockworkjj

She's running out again
She's running out
She runs runs runs

SHAFTR

Has anyone heard the new 21 track acoustic cd?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Pubrick

Quote from: SHAFTRHas anyone heard the new 21 track acoustic cd?
no.. but tell me what's on it so i can steal it.
under the paving stones.

Sleuth

Quote from: P
Quote from: SHAFTRHas anyone heard the new 21 track acoustic cd?
no.. but tell me what's on it so i can steal it.

What are you talking about!!!!!
I like to hug dogs

SHAFTR

SoNowThen

Shaftr, if I click on the download button, will it be some shitty quality internet streamy thing, or like a wonderous cd? If like a wonderous cd, you are a very beautiful person to share this!!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Sleuth

Well, a BBC radio show is finishing in about 35 minutes that had Thom and Jonny doing an acoustic set.  I missed it.  Anybody have any help files?
I like to hug dogs

modage

i bought one of these in high school at some mom and pop record shop.  its not a real album, just some fan compiled bootleg of acoustic performances.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/ on this server"

anyway, yeah, this is some unofficial bootleg shit.  probably just thrown together from different performances that happened to have an accoustic song or two.

SHAFTR