Author Topic: Abel Ferrara  (Read 3509 times)

MacGuffin

• Admin
  • Respect: +639
Re: Abel Ferrara
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 07:05:57 PM »
Snipes, Ferrara reunite on 'Game'
'New York' duo reteam for action thriller
Source: Variety

Wesley Snipes and helmer Abel Ferrara are reuniting on action-thriller "Game of Death."

It's their first project together since Ferrara's 1990 cult pic "King of New York."

Snipes stars as politician's bodyguard who must fend off five of the world's top assassins. Zoe Bell and Robert Davi co-star.

"Death" was penned by James Agnew. Producers are Billy Dietrich and Rafael Primorac. Exec producers are Voltage Pictures' Nicolas Chartier and Nadine de Barros, and Roger Grad. Bridge financiers Alastair Burlingham and Steve Robbins of Perpetual Media Capital also exec produce.

Pic started shooting this week in Detroit.

Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Group has U.S. rights, brokered by American Entertainment's Joe Cohen.

Voltage is handling foreign sales and has sold most of the overseas rights, including Germany, France, U.K., Latin America and East Europe.
Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art. - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reinhold

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 08:00:06 PM »
when did he get out of jail?

it's too bad that Snipes hasn't been in anything that I've liked-- this sounds kind of cool.

edit: Well, i did like the first blade when I was a kid.
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

jenkins

• Respect: +1426
    • Neon Burrito
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 12:32:29 PM »
+2
imo this year's most glorious trash culture news is the dcp restoration of ms. 45 (from drafthouse, such a fabulous company!)

i've seen this in film, which seems perfect because it's a grainy dirty early80s nyc movie. i couldn't imagine it being any better in dcp. then i watched the new trailer, and now i'm mountains-high excited

http://vimeo.com/79813616
Every perspective is an act of creation.

Reelist

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Respect: +994
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2013, 12:39:34 PM »
looks great, but having never seen it I really shouldn't have watched that trailer! FUUUCCCKKK!!  :doh:

wish I had one of these for times like this:

You can go to places in the world with pudding. That. Is. Funny.

jenkins

• Respect: +1426
    • Neon Burrito
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, 12:47:26 PM »
awwww

i recommend the trailer for people who don't already think they want to see it, and i know what reelist means, the trailer will tell you surprises the movie will show you. even knowing what happens, the cool and maybe unexpected quality is how it happens. it's got impressive cinema
Every perspective is an act of creation.

ElPandaRoyal

• Respect: +103
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2013, 04:26:27 AM »
I saw this ages ago, knowing nothing about it, when I was about 14 or 15, by chance when I was flipping through channels and realized it just about to start. What a sick, demented, twisted, entertaining flick. And Zo Lund was such a stunning woman. When I later found out she died really young I felt kinda sad about it.
Si

wilder

• Respect: +1690
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2014, 04:12:04 PM »
Director Abel Ferrara on Mysterious 1975 Death of Pier Paolo Pasolini: 'I Know Who Killed Him'
via The Hollywood Reporter

Ferrara just finished shooting a biographical film titled "Pasolini" about the acclaimed Italian director, poet, journalist and intellectual.

ROME -- The death of acclaimed Italian film director, poet, journalist and intellectual Pier Paolo Pasolini has been shrouded in mystery for nearly 40 years, but director Abel Ferrara, who just finished shooting a bio-film about the end of the Italian director's life, says he knows who did it.

Pasolini died in 1975 after being run over several times by his own car at the seaside near Rome.

Police at first arrested a young male prostitute, but he was released for lack of evidence. Soon after, a search was launched for three men who reportedly opposed Pasolini's leftist and libertine views, but they were never found. And in 2005, police reopened the case after some evidence emerged that Pasolini may have been involved in an extortion scheme. But the case remains a mystery.

Bad Lieutenant director Ferrara just finished filming on Pasolini, and he told Italian media: "I know who killed him," without revealing a name. Local media were split on whether the remark was true insight Ferrara picked up in his research or was aimed at increasing interest in the film, which stars Wiliem Dafoe in the title role.

At least one person close to Pasolini hopes it's the former: His cousin Guido Mazzon has lobbied hard to open the case again so that new evidence can be evaluated.

"I hope that what is claimed with such certainty by the American filmmaker is true, because we cannot bear another round of unfounded speculation," he said.

Pasolini, who was 53 when he died, was a protagonist in the neorealism movement in Italian cinema as well as in poetry, theater and art.

He won top awards in Berlin in back-to-back years with jury prize winner The Decameron in 1971 and Golden Bear winner The Canterbury Tales the following year. He also had films screen in competition in Cannes and Venice.

OpO1832

• The Road of Trials
  • Respect: +23
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2015, 12:26:44 PM »
The male prostitute that was arrested was a patsy for sure. This extortion scheme which has come to light seems to be rather interesting, does anyone have any more information on this? I am sure its in Italian so we would have to refer to google translate.

I hope Abel does a few things: (A) re-link with Nic St. John (B) If he does any sequel to a movie, it should be The Addiction, and make it black and white on film........ (C) If he does do The Last Crew, it needs to star Michael Pitt, he has to play a young Frank White! It should be 2hrs + and unrated or a very hard R. (D) Continue to make documentaries cause his brand of docs are fascinating.

I always happy to to see Abel release a new movie.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy