Kevin Smith talks shit about Magnolia AGAIN!

Started by Henry Krinkle, February 11, 2005, 08:38:45 PM

Neil

(v)
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

hedwig

wow.

you don't have to be a regular poster for people to give a damn about what you post as long as what you say is of any worth. it went like this:
1. You posted your thoughts
2. People expressed their own thoughts about your original thought
3. YOU LEFT FOR ALMOST AN ENTIRE YEAR before returning to respond. nobody cares at this point.

Quote from: Neil on March 16, 2006, 01:54:43 PM
and then everyone and their mother had something to say about it, so i basically just forgot about this site, because that made it not fun..

YEAH HOW DARE THEM EXPRESS THEIR THOUGHTS!

this isn't too much fun, is it? i guess you can forget about us again.

polkablues

The best part is how Neil's orginal "thought" ("thought" in quotation marks) was just shit-talking about something Stefen wrote.  Or, if you prefer, shit-talking about one of Stefen's thoughts.  It's a vicious circle.

But here's my question: what happened yesterday that caused Neil (who is, in real life, I can only assume, First Man on the Moon Neil Armstrong) to lash out in impotent frustration about something that happened in this thread a year ago?

I look forward to an answer in a year or two.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pozer

I really need to get back into that old movie writing thing. 

Neil

Well, i thought i was kicked off the site, because i wasn't able to log in any more...So i kind of just forgot about it, and then that was that.  However, i decided to make a new account, and something happened and i decided to try and get this one going again, i sent an email to the admin, which i don't think i ever got a response, but then i tried some other stuff, and then one day it just worked, so, now here we are.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Pozer

Reel

noticed some interest in this topic after P brought up the situation. Scrolled through and didn't see this part, thought it's due for an update ( albeit a very old one )

From "An Evening With Kevin Smith"

Q: I was just curious, have you had...besides the whole round with Michael Eisner...have you had any confrontational experiences within the industry? Paul Thomas Anderson getting a little angry at your public bashing of Magnolia?

KS: Not at all. I ran into Paul Thomas Anderson as I was getting my physical for Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Isn't it weird that...why's that funny?

Q: I don't know.

KS: 'Cause you're like, "'You' and 'physical' should never be in the same..." No, when you're about to direct a movie, they make you take a physical because they have to insure the movie and they have to insure the director in case the director drops dead of a heart attack, if he smokes a lot, and eats really bad food. So I'm in there getting my physical, I haven't gotten it yet, I'm sitting there filling out the paperwork wondering if I'm going to have to drop trau to have my balls grabbed, wondering if I'll have to pay for it...or if he'll pay me. And I hear a guy go, "Kevin, hello," and I look, and it's PTA...Paul Thomas Anderson. I was like, "Hey man, how are you?" He was like, "Good. Good. What are you doing?" I was like, "Just getting my physical. What are you doing?" He said, "Getting mine." I said, "What are you shooting?" He said, "Movie with Adam Sandler." I said, "Oh, great." He says, "Good to see you", I say "Good to see you", and he left. And after he left, I was just like, "Oh my God. That was the motherfucker I bitch-slapped on the Internet." And he was so classy, you know? He didn't say anything about it. I wasn't even looking. The dude was behind me. He could have come up behind me with a fucking chair and been like...y'know? Nothing like, he was, "Hey, Kevin", and then hit me with a chair. Just so I could see it was him. That would've been my move. I would've been like, "Hey, Paul", if he said something about me. But he was real classy, and I thought that was really kind of cool. Then I felt bad for my comment, then I was like, "ugh, I shouldn't have said that."

you see? Paul always comes out the bigger man. Figuratively in this case, of course.

Frederico Fellini

^^^ In case you wanna see his big fat retarded face as he says it:

at around 4:10...
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.