Started by Weak2ndAct, October 24, 2004, 12:25:59 AM

72teeth

???

watch it for about a minute...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Redlum

Thats it! Thanks.

...sorry Arrested. Still, I can see Gob dancing to this in some kind of 'Final Countdown' / 'William Hung Jury' cross.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

MacGuffin

Bateman Holds Out Hope For 'Arrested Development' Movie
Source: MTV

Following on the heels of our just-published story on the quasi-reunion of Michael Cera and Jason Bateman in "Juno", I wanted to put up some additional news on what might become an "Arrested Development" reunion for real.

"We would all love to get back together and maybe do something with the show in the future," the former (and possibly future) Michael Bluth said during the interview, revealing that talks are still alive. "But I don't know when — or how — that would happen."

"Maybe it could be as a movie or something," Bateman reasoned, saying that the emergence of "Superbad" star Cera — and improv comedies in general — have created a more welcoming environment for the dysfunctional clan. "We'll see. We'll let the adults figure it out."

Since its cancellation in February 2006, "Development" has sold solidly on DVD. Stars like Will Arnett ("Blades of Glory"), Bateman ("The Kingdom") and Tony Hale ("Because I Said So") have graduated to movie careers, while Cera has shown the world what "AD" fans knew for years. "He's so subtle and so skilled," Bateman grinned. "He's like a little marksmen."

As such, the cast are still encouraged by ongoing industry attempts to bring "AD" back to life. But even if they end up on Showtime, HBO or a theater near you, Bateman doubts that series creator Mitchell Hurwitz and his team of writers would take advantage of their newfound freedoms. "We kind of liked being handcuffed a little bit," he insisted.

"I know we had specific conversations about [continuing to bleep the bad language] in the event that the show went to Showtime," Bateman said. "Would we eliminate the bleeps on the profanity? Across the board, everybody said, 'No. You keep the bleeps in.' It's funnier. I don't think we would go away from what it was, anymore than maybe some content here and there. But as far as the execution and the format, I think we'd probably stay pretty much the same."

With any luck, "AD" fans will get some bleepin' good news real soon.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Exclusive! Jason Bateman Confirms Arrested Development Movie Talks
Source: E! Online

This just might be the best news we Arrested fans have heard in a very long time.

Jason Bateman has just confirmed to me that the creative minds behind Arrested Development (Mitch Hurwitz and Ron Howard) have put the wheels in motion toward a major motion picture of the Fox TV comedy so many of us adore. I'm told by insiders that Jason and other Bluth family members have received calls from producers (Hurwitz and Howard) asking if they would be willing to shoot a movie.

"I can confirm that a round of sniffing has started," Bateman says. "Any talk is targeting a poststrike situation, of course. I think, as always, that it's a question of whether the people with the money are willing to give our leader, Mitch Hurwitz, what he deserves for his participation. And I can speak for the cast when I say our fingers are crossed."

Jeffrey Tambor also revealed on XM Radio's the Ron and Fez Show that he has been approached by Ron Howard to see if he's willing to do an Arrested film. (You can hear that interview below.)

For the record, both Jason and Jeffrey's answers were: Hells yeah. And I hear from other sources that other castmembers were called and that everyone seems to be very much on board and excited by the prospect.

Insiders also tell me that while creator Mitch Hurwitz does not yet have a script, he has a good, solid understanding of what he'd like to do for the movie, and Universal is very much interested.

And so it seems that a few good—wait, no, outrageously amazing—things just might come out of this unfortunate writers' strike, as the creative minds in this town have had time to pause, regroup and think about their dream projects.

And an Arrested movie is a pretty great dream, is it not?

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=15a310d7-61f0-49b6-ba57-092e60c397cb
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleepless

Just finished watching the entire series on Hulu, and it is one of the best TV comedies around. Sad I missed it when it was on TV. The show is consistently intelligent and laugh-out-loud, and it seems the always-on-top-form writers really do know their characters inside out, or least as well as the audience does which seems to be something of a novelty in TV these days. Jokes and storylines could be set up often episodes in advance, and you don't even realize until the payoff. Hopefully the rumored movie will happen, but this is one of the few TV comedies I consider worth buying on DVD.

For anyone who hasn't checked it out, I highly recommend it. The entire three seasons can currently be seen on Hulu.com
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Reinhold

my favorite line in the series:

Michael, in response to the question of who the father of Maggie Lizer's baby is: "Probably some geeky Simpson's writer."
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Ravi

http://defamer.com/5019005/what-a-fun-sexy-time-for-us-jason-bateman-confirms-arrested-development-movie-to-shoot-next-year

What a 'Fun, Sexy Time' For Us: Jason Bateman Confirms 'Arrested Development' Movie To Shoot Next Year

It's been rumored since the show went off the air two years ago, but it looks the Arrested Development movie is finally a go. While in the UK to promote his upcoming role in the Will Smith vehicle Hancock, costar Jason Bateman let slip that the embattled Bluths are finally reuniting on the big screen:

A big-screen version of Arrested Development is planned for next year. "When it was on TV, if you missed one word the whole third act could be blown for you. And TV is a different experience. You come home and you've got to finish a call so you miss the first ten minutes or you get snacky and you go to the fridge and you miss another two minutes, so it's a different experience to film."

While the cult sitcom may not be able to hit Sex and the City heights on its way to movieplexes, Bateman says it can still claim foreign appeal:

"Arrested Development played late at night in England, so I got a lot of coke addicts and meth freaks. Great. So you've seen me but you just don't remember me." When I suggest that will change since he is in so many films now, he quips again. "So I am a whore, too."

tpfkabi

it was odd, i think last friday bateman was on one late night show and almost immediately following i flipped and tambour was on another hinting at the movie.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Sleepless

I saw that too - he was on Craig Ferguson "We may be doing a movie!!"

Amazon has got the complete series on DVD at 59% off:
http://www.amazon.com/Arrested-Development-Complete-Seasons/dp/B000JJ3Y78/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1214314942&sr=8-1

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Sleepless

From EW.com:

Bluth family lovers, rejoice! Former Arrested Development costar Jeffrey Tambor has confirmed published reports that a movie version of the Emmy-winning Fox comedy is in the works. "After months of speculation, I think we have finally figured out for sure that we are indeed doing an Arrested Development movie," Tambor told EW.com at the premiere of Hellboy II on Saturday, the closing night of the L.A. Film Festival. "I am very excited about that. I love that cast and crew and I felt like we had more to say."
The series, which aired for three seasons, starred Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi, Jessica Walter, Will Arnett, and Michael Cera. The single-camera comedy was beloved by critics, but was never a ratings bonanza for Fox, which canceled the show a year after it won the Emmy award for best comedy.

MacGuffin

Exclusive - Jeffrey Tambor says ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT Movie is a Go!
Source: Collider

Just a few hours ago, Universal Home Video held a pretty nice party at the club Element (in Hollywood) to showcase their upcoming "Hellboy 2: The Golden Army" Blu-ray release.

While I haven't watched the Blu-ray yet...based on what they showed us tonight, the disc is omfg. I mean it's absolutely loaded with extras and tons of informative bits that show you how the special effects were done, how they made everything look so real, and I think by just watching this Blu-ray you could make your own Hellboy movie.

In the coming days Dellamorte will have a full review...but I can tell you right now it's absolutely worth owning. Not only because the movie is good, but due to how much time and effort went into this Blu-ray.

Anyway, to help promote the upcoming release, Universal had a red carpet at the event and I was able to interview most of the cast and writer/director Guillermo Del Toro. In the next day or two I'll have all the interviews posted...but the one I needed to get online immediately is the one with Jeffrey Tambor.

As most of you know, Jeffrey was on one of the best comedies I've ever seen on network TV. The show was called "Arrested Development" and no amount of superlatives can do the show justice. Let's just say it was brilliant and move on.

Since the show was cancelled, rumblings of a feature film based on the show have been reported every time any of the stars does an interview. Almost always...the star in question says I'd love to do one, but I'm waiting to hear from creator Mitch Hurwitz.

Well...tonight is the night the story shifts into high gear!

On the red carpet, Jeffrey told me he just spoke to Mitch and the movie is a go! He says Mitch Hurwitz spoke to him this week and while he didn't know when the start date was, he  said, "when the writer/director calls you it's a pretty good sign."

Since I know a lot of you are just as passionate about the show...here's just the part of the interview where he talked about "Arrested Development". Further down is the full interview and it's really worth watching. We talked a lot about his recent appearance on "Entourage", him wanting to work on "The Hobbit" with Guillermo and a lot more.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

'Arrested Development' film gets closer
Mitch Hurwitz, Ron Howard ink deals for feature treatment
Source: Hollywood Reporter

The "Arrested Development" feature has moved closer to reality, with Mitch Hurwitz and Ron Howard reportedly closing deals for the long-gestating project from Imagine and Fox Searchlight.

The possible migration of the critically acclaimed but short-lived Fox series to the big screen has been a hot topic among fans for the past year. Speculation has been fueled by cast members of the show, including Jason Bateman, Will Arnett and Jeffrey Tambor, who have been frequently quoted in interviews that a feature adaptation is in the works.

Hurwitz, who created and exec produced the Emmy-winning series, is on board to write the film as well as direct with help from Howard. The series, from Imagine TV and 20th TV, was a pet project of Howard, who had a lot to do with its distinct visual style. In the final episode, Howard, playing himself, heard the Bluth TV family's pitch of their story and liked it for a movie.

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Michael Cera Joins Arrested Development Movie
Source: E! Online

Oh happy day!

Inside sources close to the negotiations of the upcoming Arrested Development movie tell me that Superbad and Juno star (and before that, hello, George-Michael Bluth!) Michael Cera has finally agreed to do the feature film project.

Cera had been the lone holdout among the show's stars for several weeks. All other Bluths, including Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi, Will Arnett, Tony Hale, Jessica Walter, Jeffrey Tambor and David Cross, are already game, according to sources.

So when exactly will the movie happen?

According to insiders, the movie may go as early as the end of the year, if they can put it together in time. I'm told Mitchell Hurwitz is writing and directing the script, and Fox Searchlight is the studio.

But don't you dare ask the cast or crew for inside info!

As Ron Howard told our own Ryan Seacrest at the Oscars on Sunday: "It's looking very much like we're going to make [the movie], but we've now been asked to stop offering any details. It's cloaked in a little mystery, but it's looking good."

Um, I'll say!

Anyone else thrilled to see that all the Bluths headed for the big screen? I hear David Cross is so excited he just blue himself.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

'Arrested Development' script in works
Mitchell Hurwitz, James Vallely penning film adaptation
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Narrator: Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything ... and just may get some of it back.

"Arrested Development" creator Mitchell Hurwitz and his co-executive producer James Vallely are working on a screenplay for the long-debated feature version of their short-lived Fox series. Even as they prep a new Fox comedy series with "Arrested" star Will Arnett, the writers are spinning more bizarre encounters for the eccentric, spoiled Bluth clan for possible feature production in the spring.

Imagine, which produced the TV show, and Fox Searchlight are producing the film.

Hurwitz had said that he wouldn't start writing a film unless all the main actors, including Jason Bateman, Michael Cera, David Cross, Arnett, Alia Shawkat, Portia de Rossi and Jeffrey Tambor, were committed. Earlier in the year, speculation circulated about which wanted to return as the show's hyper-invested fans pushed from the sidelines and the actors themselves spurred excitement.

Hurwitz and Vallely are now forging ahead. Scheduling might be difficult, however, as several -- Bateman, Cera and Arnett -- have seen their careers bloom in TV and film since the series debuted in 2003.

Director Ron Howard, who executive produced the series and provided the voice of the narrator, played himself in the final episode hearing a pitch of the Bluth story and suggesting it for a movie. Hurwitz, however, will direct the feature.

Skeleton FilmWorks