Author Topic: WONG KAR-WAI  (Read 18706 times)

Lottery

• The Return Threshold
  • You're Dead!
  • Respect: +445
Re: WONG KAR-WAI
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2015, 09:23:13 PM »
+2
Was suddenly reminded of this scene earlier today. I remember the first time I watched it, it was very early in the morning and I was exhausted and this part seemed like the most oddly futuristic thing ever.

Still seems that way. Particularly 1:18.

Lottery

• The Return Threshold
  • You're Dead!
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2015, 12:33:10 AM »
This I can get behind.

Along with the promise of that feature, Hong Kong cinema has something else to celebrate today: word of a new Wong Kar-wai picture. After The Ferryman became merely a producing and, according to IMDb, writing endeavor, it’s encouraging when Shanghai Film Group Corp. announce that the writer-director has begun some stage of work on Blossoms, which is an adaptation of Jin Yucheng‘s Shanghai-centered short-story collection. Here’s how CRI English sum it up:

Depicting chores and trifles of urban life, such as grocery shopping and hosting a dinner party, Blossoms provides a vivid image of the daily life of ordinary Shanghai people. Focusing on a hundred characters, and several main ones, the whole story is carried out over two time-lines: from the 1960s to the mid-1970s, the end of the Cultural Revolution; and from the 1980s to the start of the 21st century. As the two time periods alternate, the book unveils the two faces of the city: the Shanghai of old and the modernized metropolis it is today

http://thefilmstage.com/trailer/trailer-for-johnnie-tos-design-for-living-arrives-alongside-word-of-wong-kar-wais-next-film/

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1364
    • Neon Burrito
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2015, 05:50:07 PM »
+2
Every perspective is an act of creation.

• SBD
  • positive energy;
  • Respect: +455
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2015, 06:17:32 PM »
which one is he

pete

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • freakin huge
  • Respect: +361
    • my site
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2015, 03:22:31 PM »
+1
he's the guy in sunglasses posing on the beach
“Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot.”
- Buster Keaton

Lottery

• The Return Threshold
  • You're Dead!
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2015, 04:25:57 PM »
+1
The smart jock who became a real estate mogul. Despite his wealth and success, he still visits small and lonely Hong Kong jazz clubs every week.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy