Author Topic: WONG KAR-WAI  (Read 20491 times)

Lottery

• The Return Threshold
  • Respect: +469
Re: WONG KAR-WAI
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2015, 09:23:13 PM »
+2
Was suddenly reminded of this scene earlier today. I remember the first time I watched it, it was very early in the morning and I was exhausted and this part seemed like the most oddly futuristic thing ever.

Still seems that way. Particularly 1:18.

Lottery

• The Return Threshold
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2015, 12:33:10 AM »
This I can get behind.

Along with the promise of that feature, Hong Kong cinema has something else to celebrate today: word of a new Wong Kar-wai picture. After The Ferryman became merely a producing and, according to IMDb, writing endeavor, it’s encouraging when Shanghai Film Group Corp. announce that the writer-director has begun some stage of work on Blossoms, which is an adaptation of Jin Yucheng‘s Shanghai-centered short-story collection. Here’s how CRI English sum it up:

Depicting chores and trifles of urban life, such as grocery shopping and hosting a dinner party, Blossoms provides a vivid image of the daily life of ordinary Shanghai people. Focusing on a hundred characters, and several main ones, the whole story is carried out over two time-lines: from the 1960s to the mid-1970s, the end of the Cultural Revolution; and from the 1980s to the start of the 21st century. As the two time periods alternate, the book unveils the two faces of the city: the Shanghai of old and the modernized metropolis it is today

http://thefilmstage.com/trailer/trailer-for-johnnie-tos-design-for-living-arrives-alongside-word-of-wong-kar-wais-next-film/

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1589
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2015, 05:50:07 PM »
+2

• SBD
  • positive energy;
  • Respect: +462
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2015, 06:17:32 PM »
which one is he

pete

• freakin huge
  • Respect: +442
    • my site
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2015, 03:22:31 PM »
+1
he's the guy in sunglasses posing on the beach
“Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot.”
- Buster Keaton

Lottery

• The Return Threshold
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2015, 04:25:57 PM »
+1
The smart jock who became a real estate mogul. Despite his wealth and success, he still visits small and lonely Hong Kong jazz clubs every week.

jenkins

• Respect: +1589
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2018, 01:07:55 PM »
while reading this i noticed
In September last year, Wong committed to direct his first TV series, “Tong Wars,” for Amazon.
so i googled, read this
Wong’s Tong Wars, a crime drama series about Chinese gangsters set in the United States of the late 19th century.

“The thing that attracted me to this project was the first opportunity to tell the story of the first Chinese-American experience in the most authentic and proper way, because I think there aren’t many films about this experience,” Wong said at a film festival in France in October, noting the story would span decades, until the 1970s.

Few details about the show’s story line have been revealed except for the fact that it will explore the clashes between Chinese immigrants and organized-crime families in San Francisco’s Chinatown.
10-part original series
Behold, here are the four main protagonists of Wong’s Chinese-American gangster saga.

Vicky Sun: Vicky, a woman in her 70s who runs a global criminal network. She began her life in the US as a slave girl growing up in a brothel, and rose to become the richest woman in 1970s San Francisco. “Imperious, volatile, cunning, stylish, educated, with a cutting sense of humor, altogether fabulous,” the casting call says of Vicky.

Tom Sun: Tom is the adoptive gangster father of Vicky. A revolutionary fugitive from southern China, Tom flees to the US and becomes a killer for hire during the street wars between Chinese gangs. He has two wives living with him in the brothel, and eventually falls in love with a wealthy, married white woman. It looks like Tong Wars might feature a spot of martial arts—at any rate, it’s listed as a plus point for the actor trying out for this role.

Lo Mo: Mo appears to be one of Tom’s wives, and runs the brothel. A shrewd and dominant figure, she directs and molds Tom with her knowledge of her society and its players. She has developed a fondness for opium to deaden her rage.

Johnny Young: An orphaned teenager, Young is raised on the streets by his fellow members of a Chinese gang that seems slated to go to war with Vicky’s criminal empire. “Violence, after all, is how Vicky understands love. Johnny reminds her of Tom and herself.”

Paul Attanasio, who received Oscar nominations for the screenplays for Quiz Show (1994) and Donnie Brasco (1997), is writer and executive producer for the series.
The notice says candidates for the roles must be available from July 2018 to January 2019. There is no set time for the release of the show.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy