renee "do i have something in my eye?" zellweger

Started by NEON MERCURY, March 15, 2004, 09:35:02 PM

NEON MERCURY

modage

actually she looks a little like Julie Christie there.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: mollyi'd say that the Jerry Maguire scene i mentioned is quite diagnostic - Renee totally went out of the context, out of the blue she spoke in that artificial voice that nobody speaks with. Or maybe she is not so good actress. I think that maybe because she isn't so good looking compared to Nicole Kidman etc. and Hollywood insists on her looks and that's the reason for bad choices she makes. She functioned in Nurse Betty and Bridget Jones, and i think she would be more successful if she wouldn't put her looks infront of her personality. Actresses like Holly Hunter or Sissy Spacek look fine but you don't expect of them to pose in front of cameras in tight dresses. It's just not in their nature, unless it's kind of like a joke.
It's awful how anatomy can shadow the talent. I saw Ana Paquin in some movie that she made as a teenager and her upper lip might be a problem for her.
What's your opinion?

I think she can be good lookin in her own way, but I agree, come to think of it, that she kind of seems to put herself in a position of movie-godess or something. I think that she CAN act, but for my money, she still has much to prove. I don't dislike Zellweger, but she is no Julianne Moore. Yes, looks can shadow talent, but it's up for actors (and makeup departments :P ) to fit their physical characteristics into their characters - did I make sense? To give you an example... it may not make sense, but I think the way Tom Cruise looked was not appropriate for his role in The Last Samurai. But, oh well... I have the strange feeling that this little speach of mine isn't making any sense.

Let's see how Ana Paquin does in her future. I don't think her upper lip will be a problem though.
Si

Pubrick

haha, anna paquin is hot tho. i tolerate teeth malfunctions, like kirsten dunst, they add character. but when they hav no eyes, that's harder to accept.
under the paving stones.

Weak2ndAct

I LOATHE Zellweger.  I could (maybe) understand that desire to win awards, but that girl is so damn transparent and obvious about the whole thing it makes me sick.

Am I the only one who thinks she's waaaaay hotter as Bridget Jones than in her regular-Ethiopian-chic look?

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Pubrickhaha, anna paquin is hot tho. i tolerate teeth malfunctions, like kirsten dunst, they add character. but when they hav no eyes, that's harder to accept.

Does Dunst have bad teeth?

Quote from: Weak2ndActAm I the only one who thinks she's waaaaay hotter as Bridget Jones than in her regular-Ethiopian-chic look?

No you are not.
Si

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaum

Does Dunst have bad teeth?

yes!!!......they even make buscemi's teeth look straight

Pubrick

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumDoes Dunst have bad teeth?
not chronically, but as u can see..

the mesial surface of her upper-left lateral incisor encroaches on her centrals.

let's not even get into buscemi's situation. :shock:
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

hahhaahhhha....thats it Pubrick.........to  some viewers her phucked up teeth may be hard to decipher..but to trained eyes you can pick it out...

..if you guys don't believe us  about her teeth...watch ESOTSM(eternal sunshine..blah, blah, blah, )........which i'm sure some of you will watch at least 10 more times in the theatre....but  everytime you see her on screen ..study her teeth they have a certian crooked nuance..about them...and you  will see for yourself........

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumDoes Dunst have bad teeth?
not chronically, but as u can see..

the mesial surface of her upper-left lateral incisor encroaches on her centrals.

let's not even get into buscemi's situation. :shock:

OK... let's assume she has a bad dental structure... now consider the rest of her-body, face, hair... now please, pretty please and with sugar on top ( :? ) tell me why the hell are her teeth anything to even look at?

Oh, and about Steve Buscemi... A friend of mine - girl - told me quite recently that Buscemi is hot. She's not the first person to say that, but... doesn't it look strange, specially for the guys around here, that they think he's hot? I mean, he's a great fucking actor and he has a very distinct look, but I never thought hat distinct look worked on his favour.

Oh, this is about Zellweger, right? So, is she going to be a two-time academy award winner when she plays Joplin?
Si

Pubrick

i don't know where i said she wasn't hot. i've always said she was, and that's what i said before.

so what's the problem. i was just saying her and anna paquin are two talented hot chicks with weird teeth. NEON grouped me with himself when he KNOWS we disagree on this point.

sheesh.
under the paving stones.

SoNowThen

Small imperfections help make a hot chick into a super hot chick simply by adding that special individual interest factor.

Agreed about Dunst.

Sometimes I really love it when an otherwise garden variety attractive girl has a little bit of a hook nose or a muckle mouth, or just something that helps you remember her face vividly.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Ravi

Quote from: Pubrickthe mesial surface of her upper-left lateral incisor encroaches on her centrals.

You're getting me hot, Pubrick.

molly

Dunst is just too skiny, or it was a bad moment

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Pubricki don't know where i said she wasn't hot. i've always said she was, and that's what i said before.

Sorry. I misunderstood you.
Si